Should I supercrop the main stem?

MsLinda

This is Munchkin ... she was named because she stood about 2" tall for almost 4 weeks and then she took off. She is a Zamaldelica Fem plant.

I FIMed her about 3 weeks ago and yesterday, I supercropped 4 of the lower branches.

Should I supercrop the main branch and if so,at what point?

I'm new to supercropping (except for an accident I had but she bounced right back)
IMG_249125.JPG

I am experimenting and yes, it's an outside grow. I have 8 plants on the go. This is my second outdoor grow. My first, I had no idea what to do, I just let her grow and she was almost 7' tall. (I have smoked pot for over 40 years and as embarrassing as this is, I had no idea there were different strains of pot, I had no idea how to grow it and I was shocked. That's when I started reading and trying different things)

I have done something different to each plant just to see the yield results. Two of my plants are Zamaldelica. One of them I have done LST and she's a monster. I counted about 28 tops to her.

I went ahead and supercropped the main stem.

So, the main reason I am trying different methods is to see which yields the greatest amount. Once these 2 plants are ready to harvest (end of Sept/Oct time) then I will start new ones inside and use the method that worked the best.

I checked on her this morning and she's doing wonderful ... I will take a couple more pics in a few days to show her progress and I will upload another pic of the LST I did on the other Zamaldelica :)

I have taken 2 pics of my Zamaldelica that I started May 21 (the one I supercropped was started about 2 weeks after this one ... 1st seed didn't take)

I tried LST on this one and she's getting very fluffy :)
IMG_246731.JPG
IMG_246628.JPG

Your plant looks awesome. I would suggest to trim some of the lower leaves. 1. To be able to tie down more tops. 2. For more air to penetrate the bottom of future tops.

Looking great, and now makes sense

So what size of an indoor grow will you have? I started growing in March, man or woman in yer case, have I learned a LOT
I did some big wide LST, and they got a bit TOO wide...LOL.. then did more LST to slow vertical and that was a better option

Love that yer testing things, it makes it fun dosent it:goodjob:

Thank you ... I will do that ... I've been hesitant to trim but every ...Itime I see her, I get overwhelmed and wonder how on earth I will ever harvest her, lol ... I have found though, that the plants are very forgiving ... I have 3 white widow + big bud growing and in about the 4th week of flower, I snapped the main cola almost right off ... she was hanging by a thread ... this plant is extremely rigid and I sat her back up, taped her and she's been doing great ever since. :)

Thank you :)

I will grow maybe 4 plants ... I use my husband's work room which is about 10' x 15'. The windows are covered in blackout sheets (plastic stuff, can't remember the name, lol) and I use CFL grow lights (a friend is buying me some new lights for this winter (full spectrum, LEDs) ... I made a frame and it's covered in mylar.

Last winter was my first indoor grow and I totally agree ...I learned a lot along the way. Like, I need some ventilation, hahaha my house smelled so good (to me anyway, lol)

I still have a lot to learn (I keep forgetting that different strains don't always respond the same way to what you're doing) and I'm quite ok with the mistakes I've made ... you're right, I am having so much fun with everything.

I stay home so I spend every day with them, talking, touching and yes, even giving them a kiss now and then, hahahahaha

Thanks for your encouragement :)

I have grown White widow and Big bud separately! They were both easy to grow and pretty good yields too. We all have so much to learn and it is fun to learn while getting help!

I am really having a blast ... even when I make some mistakes... I'm little nervous about trimming her though ... I don't know what to trim ... I think I'm a little trim shy lol

I'm really excited to try this strain ... I did read they take a while to flower and I figure she should be ready by the end of Sept, middle of October... I hope I can keep up with her :)

You will be able to keep up with her. Get great yields and some nice tokes!

Back
Top Bottom