Show us your favorite shroom gardening tools!

I'll start with the Canning Funnel. Makes working with grain & culture jars so much easier. It's also handy for refilling water filter cartridges with fresh media.

CanningFunnel_top.jpg
CanningFunnel_bttm.jpg

@Ramblinrose1965 mentioned this tool in one of the diary threads so giving credit for a great addition to the mycologists' tool chest: A dental or similar inspection mirror to check if the veil under the mushroom cap has separated to know if it's ready to pick:

inspectionMirror.jpg
This $4 one from Harbor Freight Tools is extendable to over 19" and has a 1-1/4" diameter mirror.

@Ramblinrose1965 mentioned this tool in one of the diary threads so giving credit for a great addition to the mycologists' tool chest: A dental or similar inspection mirror to check if the veil under the mushroom cap has separated to know if it's ready to pick:

inspectionMirror.jpg
This $4 one from Harbor Freight Tools is extendable to over 19" and has a 1-1/4" diameter mirror.
Thanks BeccaBuds!

This is not a tool but more of a procedure. I have always used plastic bags for a liner in my tubs.........Well this run I got lazy and neglected to line my tubs with plastic bags. I just harvested my first flush. I had to cut the substrate in half with a knife so I could harvest the shroomz growing on the underside of the substrate. I had more shrooomage on the bottom of the substrate than on the top side. Lesson learned DO NOT be lazy and line those tubs people. What a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom