Becca's B+, Blue Meanie, Purple Mystic From Spore Genetics & Blue Yeti LC Fun Run

Glad I found this! Looking great. I miss my mushy days. I have started gathering the stuff needed to get my grow going again. I love the process you have taken. Not using normal teks but whatever you seem to have on hand.
Even Ben Rice Bags, sends wake up calls to me and prob a lot of people, We do not need to spend tons of cash to have great results :D
Eager to see more!
Hi and welcome, @jmrl
I'm trying to save money any way I can. Getting set up is pricey if you go the pressure cooker path. The SAB becomes the incubation chamber and then morphs into the fruiting chamber, saving money and space. Looks like my idea succeeded!
Looking really good becca. Got a feeling that blue yetis is going to give a good yeild.
I think you're right, @Stoned Ape
Probably should have moved into a shoebox. The whole top looks covered with pins now, though, and you can begin to see the difference between the strains.
This time I'd like to get some spore prints of both as well.
Here's mid-day pics taken a few minutes ago. Their growing fast!

20240302_151453r.jpg
20240302_151515r.jpg

Hi and welcome, @jmrl
I'm trying to save money any way I can. Getting set up is pricey if you go the pressure cooker path. The SAB becomes the incubation chamber and then morphs into the fruiting chamber, saving money and space. Looks like my idea succeeded!

I think you're right, @Stoned Ape
Probably should have moved into a shoebox. The whole top looks covered with pins now, though, and you can begin to see the difference between the strains.
This time I'd like to get some spore prints of both as well.
Here's mid-day pics taken a few minutes ago. Their growing fast!

20240302_151453r.jpg
20240302_151515r.jpg
I do have a pressure cooker, I bought one of the large ones last time for convenience and speed. The SAB is the jars/bags etc..? I used to print all my grows with agar, but nowadays I see the liquid substance seems better, which I haven't researched. What is your process?

I've got an All-American 915 PC that I got a few years ago. Talk about boat anchor. It works great, though. You can see all, or many of the details of noc'ing, etc., earlier on page 2 etc.
The Still Air Box (SAB) I built myself of a Sterilite 1938, used Hon&Guan 5" duct flanges from Amazon for arm holes, glued and screwed on, and Caplug T-1072 hole plugs from eBay (very lucky buy!). Made the air ports from the 5" arm hole cut-outs and Microppose 0.22u filters and used 1-1/4" hole saw for the port holes. Turn the disk 90 degrees to fully open 2 port holes.
For SAB and incubation leave ports closed, for fruiting open them and turn on the timed hydrating bubbler 4 times a day for 1-1/2 hours each time, providing 4 full air exchanges a day.
SAB1.jpg
SAB1_FAE_Ports.jpg

Breakfast of Champions
20240303_073758r.jpg
625mg dried, ground Purple Mystic mushroom powder, check. 15mL lemon juice, check. One cup of green tea w/ dash of sugar, check. Soak shroom powder in the lemon juice for 20 minutes, agitating for 10 seconds every 5 minutes, check. Mix tea & juice and drink it down, check.
My first lemon tek! 🍄

I decided to "up-pot" the Purple Mystic cake. Put the cake in a larger tub, added 3 full cups of MGK casing mix plus a 1/2 cup of MGK's Wild Horse Substrate Booster. Moved it back into the SAB and covered it to incubate for a week after mixing it all up very well and covering it with a thin layer of un-inoculated casing mix.
20240305_100712r.jpg

Today I plucked the first flush of the Blue Yeti. The yield is huge at 760g- one shroom weighed 103g and another was 87g before drying. Here are photos before harvest.

20240307_102039r.jpg
20240307_102158r.jpg
Amazing!

I killed a whole bunch of 'em, lol! They're still in the oven drying right now!

It is an interesting variety. It doesn't seem to drop spores and is only available as a liquid culture. From what little info I've found on the Yeti variety, including Blue Yeti, it is not one you'll find in nature. It is purely product of deliberate lab breeding and very potent, too.

Damn them’s big 🍄s. CL🍀
You aren't kidding! The record holders were 103g and 87g. Ten times the weight of the largest PMs.
How was your Purple mystic 🧙 lemontek adventure? Visuals? Hallucinations? Body rushes? I want some details B. CL🍀. :surf::woohoo:
I actually didn't get that much effect from the 625mg Purple Mystic Lemontek. Some color intensification and then I started yawning and got really sleepy. Had some intense dreams but don't remember them at all. All in all, a good microdose.

Wednesday, however, a rather overly large portion of Blue Yeti produced all of the above, including luminescent shimmering lines of sparkling sacred geometry broadcast directly onto the inside of my eyelids, perception of multiple alternate potential realities and ego death. In retrospect all I could do is hang on for dear life. What a ride! I will not make that mistake again, lol! :eek:

You aren't kidding! The record holders were 103g and 87g. Ten times the weight of the largest PMs.

I actually didn't get that much effect from the 625mg Purple Mystic Lemontek. Some color intensification and then I started yawning and got really sleepy. Had some intense dreams but don't remember them at all. All in all, a good microdose.

Wednesday, however, a rather overly large portion of Blue Yeti produced all of the above, including luminescent shimmering lines of sparkling sacred geometry broadcast directly onto the inside of my eyelids, perception of multiple alternate potential realities and ego death. In retrospect all I could do is hang on for dear life. What a ride! I will not make that mistake again, lol! :eek:
How much of the blue yeti did you eat? Sounds pleasant. But not overwhelming. Happy Sunday!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom