SSKS, Blue Meanie, Red Boy From Spore Genetics

Well I decided to inoculate some rice bags using the UB’s ready rice tek. Pulled 3 syringes out of the box blind. All from the new board sponsor @Spore Genetics . Most likely I’ll run them monotub but was also thinking a PFTek over perlite in one big tub. Let see how it goes. Glove up and sterilize. 🤙🤙🤙
Next week we will inoculate some rye bags with 3 more different strains 💪💪

So I just checked on the bags today. Can’t see anything yet but there is definitely action as they’re making gas for sure. Thinking I need to give them some more FAE. Will see Tuesday. Maybe I’ll give them some more ventilation.
IMG_4860.jpeg
IMG_4858.jpeg

Yes I have. I waited a week to get some CO2 buildup then use a poker to melt a hole in the tops of the bags. Then cover with tape. I just checked on them and it looks like they’re doing well. Not seeing anything but it’s tough to tell with how moist the rice is. I’m going to order some rye spawn bags to inoculate with some of the other strains I got from @Spore Genetics
Thinking about doing mono tubs but with multiple trays in each one. Like 3 individual liners in each tub. Each liner would have its own spawn and substrate.
On a different note. I have been wondering about building a UV filter type flow hood. Draw the air in though a high grade particle filter. Then it would pass though a channeled sealed plenum with UVC sterilizing lighting then out through a cheap hepa.

Back
Top Bottom