Becca's B+, Blue Meanie, Purple Mystic From Spore Genetics & Blue Yeti LC Fun Run

Saturday was 15 days since dunking the Blue Yeti brick in water for 24 hours and still nada so I pretty much decided that was it, then yesterday when I went to dispose of the brick I found fluffy white around the bottom and in a few patches above, too. I can't tell if it is shroom mycelium or contam so now I've changed my mind again and am back in "watch & see" mode. More shrooms would be cool! Pics from yesterday:

20240421_172546cr.jpg
20240421_172613cr.jpg

Prepped 8 rice bags by breaking up and squeezing the rice toward the bottom of the bag, forming the rice roughly into a cube shape and applied a dab of silicone caulk to each to act as a self healing injection port. I'll make the filtered air exchange holes in the tops of the bags just prior to inoculation after the silicone has cured thoroughly (tomorrow or Saturday).
Four will get 2.5mL each B+ liquid culture and the other 4 will be inoculated with 2.5mL each of Blue Meanie Cubes, also using liquid culture I prepared earlier.
For now I've left the Blue Yeti AIO to do it's thing until I need the SAB.

B+BMC_20240425_103140r.jpg

The silicone SHIPs have all cured and bags labelled. This evening I prepared the filters for the rice bags. Each 1" square filter is 4 layers of 3M #1390 Micropore tape.

20240426_201535r.jpg

I'm using 4 layers after discovering 1 layer doesn't do much as it's far too porous. My test method was simply holding a length of the tape up to a light and looking at it with a 5X magnifier. It took four layers to get to where I couldn't see light through it, so 4 layers it is! I made 2 extras just in case.

I'm going to use my soldering iron to make the breather holes in the rice bags. Set to 375F it should be just hot enough to melt the plastic without burning it.

Immediately after I'll adhere a filter tape over the hole, spray the tape with 70% Iso, and microwave the bag for 90 seconds. The 70% Iso and steam from heating the bag will fully sterilize the filter, then after repeating 8 more times, it will be time to

20240426_181611r.jpg

🍄 :party: 🍄

Back
Top Bottom