Becca's B+, Blue Meanie, Purple Mystic From Spore Genetics & Blue Yeti LC Fun Run

@Scottay One mushroom WAS overwhelming, but then, it was a 52 gram specimen. Some of the trip was most definitely not pleasant. Not a good idea without a trip guide. Lord almighty, wrap me in velcro and stick me to the wall, lol! A 10g slice from the fresh stem probably would have been enough for a pleasant trip. :rolleyes:

I can see fine threads of mycelium poking through to the surface of the refreshed Purple Mystic tub now, seven days after repotting it. It appears the experiment is going to work!
The Blue Yeti bag has visibly shrunken after it's first flush, just as the PM cake did. Many old pins on the BY substrate that seem to have aborted. I can see growth in the mycelium but no definite new pins forming yet. I may repot it into 2 shoe boxes with more casing mix if the PM tub takes off.
Last night I sampled an 887mg slice of dried Blue Yeti stem, about equal to 9 grams fresh. Texture wise it was like eating a Banana chip, and it didn't taste bad at all. Got a mild buzz with colors intensified and my mind seemed clearer. A half gram will be a good microdose. No wonder I got so much altitude the other day! 🍄

20240312_091640r.jpg
20240312_091625r.jpg

Both the tub and the AIO seen to be just idling along and I've concluded I am not misting enough. Opened the SAB an hit the AIO with 25 spritzes and 10mL distilled aqua poured into the bottom of the bag. Hit the tub, which should be white on the bottom by now but is not, with 40 spritzes and covered it. Going to have to be more diligent about keeping them closer to field capacity.

20240317_131400R.jpg
20240317_131452r.jpg

No positive visible changes after yesterdays & todays super-spritzing. Soon it will be time to move on to some B+ & Blue Meanie Cubes research if these don't show improvement. Maybe consign them to my tub of potting soil with a jug of aqua and get out some more Uncle Bens...

20240318_185020r.jpg
20240318_185007r.jpg

Good morning @BeccaBuds

How is your research coming along?
It looks like the Purple Mistic turn out well for you. I did a bunk on my JMF the other day, and started harvesting again today.

I was thinking about breaking up my Pan Cyan grain jar and mixing it with substrate if is about 65% percent or so colonized and seems to either stage or slowed down a lot build mycelium. The first jar of Pan Cyan I inoculated got to the same point and stopped also, and when I did a shake and break it never re-colonized. There is a golf ball size piece in the center of the jar, that's why I am thinking about going straight to substrate.

Anyways, good luck on your research.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

@Tokin Roll My Purple Mystic reroll experiment after the 2nd flush seems to be moving at a very slow rate, not developing normally at all. It appears there's life in the tub, though, so I'm leaving it be for now. 2nd flush of the Blue Yeti seems to be growing slower than the 1st flush. Probably should have dunked.

@Ascended Master Kief They are bringing me mush joy and I'm pinning away for them, lol!

@Lady Cannafan These Blue Yeti are unusual in many ways, especially the weird cap shape.

Here's side by side pics of the Blue Yeti from yesterday and today:

20240322_153608r.jpg
20240323_164657r.jpg

I did a dunk, but did not submerge it completed. I have a few growing, but may try @Lady Cannafan suggestion about breaking up the substrate for better moisture penetration.
I have a Pan Cyan that just about stopped at 65% colonization, like my first jar. This time since the progress was not noticeable I broke it up and mixed it with fresh substrate. I guess I will see if it works.

Tok..

Yesterday & today pics again... 2nd flush isn't as big as the first.

20240324_151306r.jpg
20240325_151848r.jpg

And the largely inactive PM tub:

20240325_151902r.jpg

@CaptainLucky I haven't tried any of the PM since before 1st flush of the Blue Yeti but plan too soon.

@Tokin Roll As you can see, the re-potted PM tub seems to be growing very slowly. I may not have made it deep enough. One vid I watched on Youtube said 3" deep mixed layer plus a 1/2" casing. I'm learning as I go now!

More comparator photos:

20240325_151848r.jpg
20240326_150306r.jpg
20240327_165520r.jpg
20240328_122713r.jpg

Last night I accidently broke off the 2 large shrooms (top of first 3 pics). One weighed 20.47g and the other 9.87g. A waste as they would have gotten a lot bigger, but there are many more on the way, and they are def responding to the regular misting. Time for some close ups.

20240328_124108r.jpg
20240327_194332r.jpg

20240327_194629r.jpg
20240327_194501r.jpg

I named this one "Richard" for obvious reasons, lol! :rofl: 🍄

Harvested the 2nd flush a few days ago and got a wet weight total of 129.1g. This time I air dried them and the B. Yetis took 3 days to get crispy.

An hour ago I put the Blue Yeti AIO into dunk mode in tap water for 24 hours in hopes of a 3rd flush.

Nothing is happening in the Purple Mystic tub and I've concluded the mycelium has consumed all the rice grain and the tub is void of nutrition now so there is very little growth. Removed it from the SAB and will dump it in my potting soil tub. Cleaned and re-sterilized the SAB while it is empty.

Yesterday I tried a 0.47g of the Blue Yeti and got a lot more psychedelic than I expected, and the effects lasted for 4-5 hours. Much more effect than I think of as a microdose, so next try will be a 1/4g. This stuff is either hella potent or my tolerance is zero... 🍄

How is it going @BeccaBuds

I see you have been busy, nice harvest on the Blue Yeti. Will you be growing more Blue Yeti or Purple Mystic?

I am harvesting a lot of big shroom's from my third dunk of the JMF and yes, regular misting help to get bigger fruit.
Sad to say, but my Pan Cyan does not look the greatest. It appears to have gray mold growing underneath the mycelium. Still not have not decided what to do with it. A couple more days and see what happens.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Well, @Tokin Roll , it looks like after dunk there's some contamination on the Blue Yeti AIO. Considering how long I let them go maybe a 3rd flush is a long shot.

Going to eyeball it for a few days and start getting ready to noc the rest of the rice bags with B+ and Blue Meanie Cubes. The plan is to put 4 bags in each of 2 shoeboxes mixed with enough casing mix to get 3" depth.

Next time I grow the Blue Yetis and Purple Mystics, I want to try rye berries. Got a 10# bag and some food-grade gypsum, just have to prep it.

Back
Top Bottom