Multi - Strain Mushroom Grow, LC, Coir, Popcorn

Yer gonna want a sturdy tool like a big wooden spatula or a big metal spatula depending on what type of thing you're cooking your grains in you don't want to reach into boiling water to retrieve a broken end of yer stirrin tool

IMG_20240223_171342.jpg

Yep. That sounds tedious as hell. Takes a long time to dry the outsides of them too? Like we have to do with birdseed. Etc. We have to simmer that too.
I ain't sure I ain't never tried to dry it before I usually just filtered out the solid grain measured the specific gravity of the liquid and added sugar and yeast LOL.

I don't remember for sure but I think in My last journal I just strained the corn or something like that I didn't dry it or nothing

I ain't sure I ain't never tried to dry it before I usually just filtered out the solid grain measured the specific gravity of the liquid and added sugar and yeast LOL
With the seeds, I have to spread them out and air dry a few hours just to get outer shells dry. Test a spoonful on a paper towel, if it leaves a wet area then they need to dry more. If you put it into jars too wet, it won't work. Ask me how I know.......lol
I don't know about corn.

I think the next time I cook popcorn like this I'm just going to use my crock pot and set it and forget it

I got tired of stirrin so I kicked it on low and covered it.

IMG_20240223_173103.jpg

I haven't started pressure cooking yet cuz I got to go to a funeral this morning but I can only fit nine out of the 10 jars that I made. Oops. Also I made some lids because well I can't order any until payday and I kind of wanted to do this this weekend and I don't get paid till Monday. I'm going to foil cover these and pressure cook them this afternoon when I get home. I think I might divvy up the corn in the 10th jar to the all the other jars. Then throw the lid I made into the PC to clean that, while I pressure cook the jars of popcorn

I should add to make the lids I drilled two holes in each lid one of them being 1/8 in the other being 3/8 in. I stuffed polyfill in the bigger hole, and I covered the little hole with 3M Micropore tape. If you do this it's thin metal so use a wood backer when you drill to avoid tearing the metal.

IMG_20240224_072718.jpg

IMG_20240223_190437.jpg

I haven't started pressure cooking yet cuz I got to go to a funeral this morning but I can only fit nine out of the 10 jars that I made. Oops. Also I made some lids because well I can't order any until payday and I kind of wanted to do this this weekend and I don't get paid till Monday. I'm going to foil cover these and pressure cook them this afternoon when I get home. I think I might divvy up the corn in the 10th jar to the all the other jars. Then throw the lid I made into the PC to clean that, while I pressure cook the jars of popcorn

I should add to make the lids I drilled two holes in each lid one of them being 1/8 in the other being 3/8 in. I stuffed polyfill in the bigger hole, and I covered the little hole with 3M Micropore tape. If you do this it's thin metal so use a wood backer when you drill to avoid tearing the metal.

IMG_20240224_072718.jpg

IMG_20240223_190437.jpg
That corn plumped up nice.
Just be sure to leave yourself enough room in the jars to shake and break when the mycelium is ready for it. If you fill it too full it is a royal PITA to try to break it up when shaking. :)

Are you pressure cooking for 90 minutes?

That corn plumped up nice.
Just be sure to leave yourself enough room in the jars to shake and break when the mycelium is ready for it. If you fill it too full it is a royal PITA to try to break it up when shaking. :)

Are you pressure cooking for 90 minutes?
Heard that, my last jars were way too full LOL
Just got home from funeral, haven't gotten started with cooking yet. I was figuring on 15 psi for 60 minutes

All four agar dishes are showing signs of growth but I tried taking pictures but it wouldn't come out so maybe when they get a little bigger. Also my 10 pack of sterile number 10 scalpels arrived from the big River down south America. And I got to put shoes on and a coat on and run to the grocery store now because I just realized I'm out of tin foil. And it's freaking cold out there.

All four agar dishes are showing signs of growth but I tried taking pictures but it wouldn't come out so maybe when they get a little bigger. Also my 10 pack of sterile number 10 scalpels arrived from the big River down south America. And I got to put shoes on and a coat on and run to the grocery store now because I just realized I'm out of tin foil. And it's freaking cold out there.
Ah.....the suffering we put ourselves through just to grow these shrooms. LOL
Don't run too fast in the cold, you'll wear yourself out. Walk a little..... :rofl:

All right! Got some tin foil and wrapped them up. Starting PC. Time won't start till it's up to temperature. Got event this air too

IMG_20240224_165729.jpg

Popper on top is finally seeing some action! Only took ~45 minutes lol. Timer starts one hour, NOW.

Heat is off now. I reckon I'll let the pressure cooker cool until morning. It'll be a few more days, maybe a week till my agar is ready, or at least I think so anyway. Could be ready tomorrow I don't know. Never done agar before, and I'm anxious to find out! :D

Are ya gonna stand and watch it? Lol
I did not hahahaha

I saw and watched some YT videos, while listening to the doppler effect of the popper spinning, sounding like a steam train laboring up a hill for an hour lolol

I unsealed my pressure cooker this morning at about 4:30, an hour after I got up. Jars were still slightly warm, probably about ideal inoculation temperature, but I'm not taking any chances right now I'll let them cool completely. Mainly because the outside of the jars felt about body temperature, and I have no idea what the inside of the mass of popcorn temperature is. And since my tap water has about 12 grains per gallon of hardness, I rather hurriedly rinsed and dried the inside of the pressure cooker to avoid leaving calcium deposits. I didn't use my carbon filter water because I'm not worried about the chlorine for rinsing. I really wish I had a water softener, but can't really do that in my apartment. A reverse osmosis could be ideal but where I work we only have three and a half gallon pressure tanks. For my purposes I'd rather have at least 5 to 10 gallons of reserve RO water.

Waiting on growth on agar now. Got jars put away and covered up, to keep them sterile, until then.

Taking a bit of a chance before work today, but I think I'll be fine. I broke off a TINY (~0.1g) piece of dried Angkor Wat, and mixed it with Mud/Water, a chocolate, tea, and functional mushrooms based hot beverage, together with a multi-vitamin. We'll see what happens! I'll report back. :)

mudwtr.PNG

Lunch break check in. Great mood all morning, very productive work day. Been on the shitter a lot though. I'm not sure if that's from the mud water or from the microdose.

Back
Top Bottom