Becca's B+, Blue Meanie, Purple Mystic From Spore Genetics & Blue Yeti LC Fun Run

Day 13 since inoculation. I think I can see some mycelium now in the AIO and the pattern of condensation on the inside surface of the bag has increased. Going to open the SAB to check it and the rice bags later today. Gave the liquid culture jars a final stirring and tomorrow jars 4 & 7 go in the fridge. In another 2-3 days the other three will be ready to store also.

20231208_114535r.jpg
20231208_114837r.jpg
20231208_115324r.jpg

20231208_115632r.jpg
20231208_120024r.jpg

I also made a vid of the stirrer in action and posted it up to youtube:

Day 13 since inoculation. I think I can see some mycelium now in the AIO and the pattern of condensation on the inside surface of the bag has increased. Going to open the SAB to check it and the rice bags later today. Gave the liquid culture jars a final stirring and tomorrow jars 4 & 7 go in the fridge. In another 2-3 days the other three will be ready to store also.

20231208_114535r.jpg
20231208_114837r.jpg
20231208_115324r.jpg

20231208_115632r.jpg
20231208_120024r.jpg

I also made a vid of the stirrer in action and posted it up to youtube:

Well, that is just too kewl. and fast....

Speaking of slow, OMG! I should have checked these grain bags sooner! At least one of the UB Tek rice bags is about ready to shake up (Purple Mystic bag 1) and the Blue Yeti AIO will be ready to mix in no time! Wow, what a nice surprize! How exciting! 🍄!

BlueYetiAIO_20231208_160503r.jpg
BlueYetiRice2_20231208_160607r.jpg

PurpleMysticRice1_20231208_160640r.jpg
PurpleMysticRice5_20231208_160710r.jpg

:woohoo::party::woohoo:
The blue Yeti is looking great!

Those look great! I'm excited for you.:yahoo:
@Lady Cannafan They do look good! On track for Xmas shrooms!
Very interesting and informative dairy @Ramblinrose1965

Do you store your AIO bags with the grain side up or down?

I seen those video's before and found his video's very helpful.
Also, I have been looking at stirrers, for future use.

TR
@Tokin Roll This one I left sitting in the shipping box on the floor since I bought it in September. I don't recall it's orientation in the box though. That first order did not include their product shelf life card that I can remember and I didn't even think about it until I got my second order that did have the card in it. I guess I'm lucky it was still good because it was outside their limits.
Hey Becca,
Hope your day is going shroomin' bloomin' well!
Never mind my original question. I edited it out here. I found your post that said what the ingredients are in your premix.
@Lady Cannafan Missed it 'cause I slept all day :rolleyes: Hey, you have MGKs aquarium air pump humidifier jar jig, don't you? If you've used it, I'm curious how often you need to refill it.
The blue Yeti is looking great!
@Ramblinrose1965 They are aren't they? It was interesting to see the Purple Mystic spores appear to be growing faster that the Blue Yeti LC.

@Lady Cannafan They do look good! On track for Xmas shrooms!

@Tokin Roll This one I left sitting in the shipping box on the floor since I bought it in September. I don't recall it's orientation in the box though. That first order did not include their product shelf life card that I can remember and I didn't even think about it until I got my second order that did have the card in it. I guess I'm lucky it was still good because it was outside their limits.

@Lady Cannafan Missed it 'cause I slept all day :rolleyes: Hey, you have MGKs aquarium air pump humidifier jar jig, don't you? If you've used it, I'm curious how often you need to refill it.

@Ramblinrose1965 They are aren't they? It was interesting to see the Purple Mystic spores appear to be growing faster that the Blue Yeti LC.
I fill it every couple of days at the schedule it's on. It will depend on how long you run it for the set on time. You have a timer?
Edit: that's for the tent humidifier, sorry. I didnt have to use the one you are talking about. I had plenty of humidity in the tub without it.

@Absorber You put a little bar magnet (coated with teflon plastic) in each jar with the liquid. The stir table has a magnet with a variable speed motor to spin it that couples magnetically to the bar in the jar to spin it without contact. No need to even open the jar! I got this one off Amazon for under $30 plus $10 for the stir bars 10-pack on the left.

20231202_184222.jpg
That doesn't do auto timed agitation, does it? You have to manually do it using that control dial?
Wondering if I could put it on a timer.....

I thought you had a mushroom dairy going.
Then I realized you are just sharing your insight and experience on growing mushrooms.
Sorry Tokin Roll no diary as of yet. I just am following other peeps diaries. I try and lend a helpful hand when I can. If you watch Philly Golden Teacher on Youtube.......I follow his procedures for grain spawn and CVG substrate. In the early stages I bought a single golden teacher spore print and got the mycelium going on agar. From there I inoculated my grain spawn. Once that was flourishing, I just use a simple grain to grain transfer inside the SAB. Couldn't be simpler. I keep my agar in baby food jars in a dedicated fridge in case I lose the grain jars to contamination. I'm a firm believer to keep it simple. Hell these shroomz are way easier to grow than our beloved plant.

Feel free to ask any questions , Have a fantastic Sunday

Back
Top Bottom