Multi - Strain Mushroom Grow, LC, Coir, Popcorn

Postal service works too quickly. The spores from @Spore Genetics arrived here today, coldest day of February, this weekend it's supposed to hit 60°. They are frozen. 😕

Y'all think they might be okay?

I unsealed my pressure cooker this morning at about 4:30, an hour after I got up. Jars were still slightly warm, probably about ideal inoculation temperature, but I'm not taking any chances right now I'll let them cool completely. Mainly because the outside of the jars felt about body temperature, and I have no idea what the inside of the mass of popcorn temperature is. And since my tap water has about 12 grains per gallon of hardness, I rather hurriedly rinsed and dried the inside of the pressure cooker to avoid leaving calcium deposits. I didn't use my carbon filter water because I'm not worried about the chlorine for rinsing. I really wish I had a water softener, but can't really do that in my apartment. A reverse osmosis could be ideal but where I work we only have three and a half gallon pressure tanks. For my purposes I'd rather have at least 5 to 10 gallons of reserve RO water.
Get yourself a Zero Water pitcher, I have one and it works great for removing any crap from your water. CL🍀

Get yourself a Zero Water pitcher, I have one and it works great for removing any crap from your water. CL🍀
I would never be forgiven at work lol. Water treatment is my trade haha

Postal service works too quickly. The spores from @Spore Genetics arrived here today, coldest day of February, this weekend it's supposed to hit 60°. They are frozen. 😕

Y'all think they might be okay?
How long had they been frozen? I've read that they can be frozen, but it's not ideal for any long term storage. Sometimes the ice crystals that form when frozen can mess with the structure of the spores, but if was only a short time....maybe all okay.

How long had they been frozen? I've read that they can be frozen, but it's not ideal for any long term storage. Sometimes the ice crystals that form when frozen can mess with the structure of the spores, but if was only a short time....maybe all okay.
They got delivered sometime this afternoon and then I picked them up around 4:20. Maybe an hour? There are ice crystals in there or were I didn't look at them since eating.
I just looked at them now. The Mexicana and the Bull Run look like live culture I can see the clumps of spores in the blue meanie and the z-strain though

Makes me wonder if it's live culture why ain't it wiggling

It's shy. Try peeking around a corner where it can't see you. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I tried that it still wasn't wiggling I think it might have seen me anyway. 😂

Got all four in the fridge for now and they were thought out when I stuck them in there

Today we got a high of 36° 😂. Mother nature won't make up her mind.

Where abouts are you? You seem to be having the same weather pattern as me. It's only 19 F here, with a real feel of 14, but getting to mid thirties by afternoon. Lots of snow yesterday morning. They predicted less than an inch of accumulation, I got 3 inches. LOL
I'm in Wisconsin. Yesterday was the coldest day of February even though we had the 70s here last week.

View is from and through agar side of dishes. They're all white on the topside, but hard to see due to condensation.

IMG_20240301_091242.jpg

IMG_20240301_091254.jpg

IMG_20240301_091213.jpg

IMG_20240301_091155.jpg

Time for a trip. Aborts from both Angkor and JMF. Made a tea: green tea, honey, mushrooms, and lemon juice.

IMG_20240301_193006.jpg

Onset was at about the 45 minute mark. It began with body sensations that rushed over me as the floor began getting slightly wobbly. I carefully made my way to my bed, stopping along the way to hit the head, but as I stood there, the toilet shrank and shrank and shrank, and suddenly I was aiming for a toilet the size of a dime, but I blinked and it was back to normal, just colored this time. Satisfied I was empty, I laid down, told the mushrooms I wanted to journey with them, and tried closing my eyes. CEVs were mild to medium, there, but definitely not a 5-7g god trip. The CEVs I did experience were colorful, vibrant, and oddly, full of people. This lasted until I fell asleep, some hours later. My legs were a bit wobbly, as I took a few moment here and there to come to my living room to puff my nico vape, which the mushies didn't seem to like, and "told" me about it. All in all, was a good trip, but I'm looking forward to higher doses. This was also a mixture of two different strains, and I haven't sampled the JMF solely yet, so I'm looking forward to try those next time.

Onset was at about the 45 minute mark. It began with body sensations that rushed over me as the floor began getting slightly wobbly. I carefully made my way to my bed, stopping along the way to hit the head, but as I stood there, the toilet shrank and shrank and shrank, and suddenly I was aiming for a toilet the size of a dime, but I blinked and it was back to normal, just colored this time. Satisfied I was empty, I laid down, told the mushrooms I wanted to journey with them, and tried closing my eyes. CEVs were mild to medium, there, but definitely not a 5-7g god trip. The CEVs I did experience were colorful, vibrant, and oddly, full of people. This lasted until I fell asleep, some hours later. My legs were a bit wobbly, as I took a few moment here and there to come to my living room to puff my nico vape, which the mushies didn't seem to like, and "told" me about it. All in all, was a good trip, but I'm looking forward to higher doses. This was also a mixture of two different strains, and I haven't sampled the JMF solely yet, so I'm looking forward to try those next time.
No communicating with the people? People or other worldly beings? I had a nice time with other worldly beings with the Purple Mystic’s. lol 😂 CL🍀. :surf::woohoo:

No communicating with the people? People or other worldly beings? I had a nice time with other worldly beings with the Purple Mystic’s. lol 😂 CL🍀. :surf::woohoo:
Not much communication. Body swapping seemed to be on the menu, but I resisted it. Surprisingly, I felt "anchored" most the time.

Back
Top Bottom