SSKS, Blue Meanie, Red Boy From Spore Genetics

try 78/79 for incubation. I didn't ask if you had an incubation chamber. If you don't you can make one with two tubs one inside the other with the larger one filled with water and a fish tank heater :).
That is probably the best way I’ve heard to use indirect heat to manage the incubation chamber. Mine always low temp burns/dries my spore

That is probably the best way I’ve heard to use indirect heat to manage the incubation chamber. Mine always low temp burns/dries my spore
Thank you. I cannot claim it as mine. It is old school and a tek I was taught when I started my myc adventures 20 years ago.

pluck or cut ?????
IMG_2559.jpeg

pluck or cut ?????
IMG_2559.jpeg
Its kind of growers choice. When they are in clusters like that you generally get the whole cluster either way. the biggest difference is when you pluck and you should gently twist be it clockwise or counter clockwise never pull as you don't want to pull chunks from the cake. So the dryer the substrate the more of the sub comes off when you pluck . The nice thing about cutting is minimal disturbance to the substrate or in your case the cake. either way when the veil is about to break is when I choose they may be smaller but I feel they are of a tad higher quality. I don't always make it in time, then I am getting them when the veil breaks. Looking good!!
so here is some food for thought if you want to go this route. Prep some wheat straw or some rye grain or more brf jars and when you are finished flushing those cake or when you feel they are almost done be it after the first , second , third flush etc ..crumble them into a fresh sterile substrate and they will colonize it it sorta like a grain to grain transfer ..some may of them may contam or may not . The thing is the myc is healthy and established and ready to take on more. so it will be way faster than using a spore syringe ..the higher the ratio of old myc to the new sub the faster it will colonize espesially if its the same substrate as it already has the digestive enzymes to rip through it. :) Just some food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom