Skunk

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
I'm doing a little research and hope ya'll could help me out. The UK is skunk hysteric right now and the propaganda machines are running at top speed. I'm writing something and hope you can help me out :smokin:

What I'd like to know is when you first heard of Skunk? 70's, 80's, 90's?

Have you smoked skunk?

Have you ever had a bad experience from smoking skunk?

Besides stories of how stoned you've gotten smoking skunk any comments you might have would be helpful.
:passitleft:

well i doubt this will be helpful, but seeing this post, im gonna have to say it.

last semester here at school, i had two friends in a dorm room a floor below mine. One always toked with me, and the other didn't smoke, but didn't have a problem with it and has even told us time to time that the only thing that keeps him from smoking is the fact that he dosen't want to face the consequences if he gets caught.

anyways, the friend and I (the one that smokes) picked up some supposed skunk weed. Now I don't know if it was the straight "skunk" strain or not, I mean who knows shit these days unless you buy from a seed company and grow it your self. I would comment on the quality of the weed, but i think the ending of this story will speak for itself.

well my friend and i had the skunk tripple bagged in his drawer somewhere and hadn't touched it in a good 2 hours (we hadn't smoked in the room or anywhere near it). Well here comes the non-smoking friend into the room. He is in the room for 5 seconds and says "What the fuck, smells like a skunk got in here." hahah, yup. good times. but yea, it was supper dank.

good luck with your writing man.

It seems like I first heard of skunk in the late '70s or early '80s. I've smoked Cannabis purported to be skunk. It was good sinsemilla. Some Cannabis just smells skunky. As far as I can say, skunk is no different, in general, than all other strains of Cannabis...nothing magical or toxic or dangerous. All of this propaganda in the UK is just that. Trying to demonize Cannabis...is skunk the worst name they could think of? Maybe Diesel will be next "Americans smoking Diesel"...

" Skunk #1 is the first stablized hybrid developed for indoor cultivation and dates back to the 1970's California region. Skunk #1 has a heritage of Afghani, Mexican gold and Colombian gold. It was brought to Europe in the early 1980's and plays a heavy role in the ancestry of any modern indoor strain. This plant has a great consistency of generating a good strong punch with a great skunky sweet taste. Skunk #1 will take a lot of abuse and performs well both indoor and in a greenhouse.
Manufacturer: Nirvana Seeds
Shipping restrictions: Canada, Germany, United States"

Back in the day, when "Skunk" was the new buzzword, any MJ that had a strong Indica (Afghani) smell and taste was referred to on the street as "Skunk". Before then, we really only saw Sativa strains, which had more of a pepper/spicy flavor, like Columbian Gold. Actually, I still know people who refer to MJ with a strong Indica (Afghani) smell and taste as "Skunk".

when i'm driving down the road and the smell of a roadkill skunk fills the car my wife will cover her nose and make disgusted noises. myself on the other hand will inhale deeply and comment on how it smells wonderful to me. hey its worth it to see the look she gives me.

my genes(MBB) are from Nirvana and Dutch passion skunk #1
but they only smell like that when hangin', the plants smell piney.
dominant gene I recon'

Like Gypsy's ad up there says :cheesygrinsmiley:

My thoughts,
what better way to hide in plain sight.
can you tell the difference? road kill or bud farm ?

Is it the killer cannabis they say?
Nah , just another Great strain :cheesygrinsmiley:

I sometimes think I can tell the difference between animal skunky and weed skunky and there's one other skunky I can't talk about here. The animal skunk has a sharper smell, more pungent...not sure how to define it. More meaty or sulfuric. The plant skunk has the same skunky overtones but is much sweeter. On my way to work I used to drive by a section of road that at certain times had the sweet skunky herbaceous smell. That really got me curious. I rode my bike through my 'hood recently and smelled the same tastiness. I always think "carbon filter, dude".

I agree, though, User - I really can appreciate the animal skunk odor because of its relationship with good herb.

some people in europe refer to Cannabis as Skunk.
yes its a strain and yes I think people also will refer to higher quality buds as being skunk. the meaning when someone says it is really misconstrued unless there is some clarification there. :) :joint:

i remember smoking weed that smelled like a skunk back in the 80's, definitely in the 90's and for sure in the present day... the purple haze from florida always smelled like a skunk... so did the cat piss... different strains smell like skunk, i guess it depends on the strain and what you feed it... so many people grow bag seed from strains unknown, then when they get that aroma, they call it skunk... it could be one of a million different strains, but definitely not "skunk"...

as for the uk and their new reefer madness machine, i think they are just labeling it skunk because some of the really good stuff smells like a skunk, plain and simple... it is a way to make them fear more than just one strain, but all strains that carry the heavy odor...

i can remember walking into numerous grow houses and co-ops and smelling that skunk smell, comes from the packaged bud, from smoking it, whatever form it's in, there are many that deliver that smell...

that's my 4 dollar and 20 cents, hope it helps.

ps. i too get that silly grin when i smell it on the side of the road, animal or Cannabis, they both make me smile...;)

I think a lot of people just use the term skunk in general for a good stank bud. But I know it's a great strain. I've had it twice in my life, and I can say that the smell is def distinct but damn...it gets you high. Great high! I don't know about when I heard it, but I'm kinda young still so I wdn't know when it came out. But great bud!:yummy:

when i'm driving down the road and the smell of a roadkill skunk fills the car my wife will cover her nose and make disgusted noises. myself on the other hand will inhale deeply and comment on how it smells wonderful to me. hey its worth it to see the look she gives me.

I do that same thing

I first heard of skunk in the 90 s and when I next went to U.K I requested it from my man up there - Londoner. He hooked me up wth an indica dominant hybrid hydroponic and I found out it related to all weed which was dank rather than a specific strain as I assumed it was. From then on when we were about to blaze he always asked 'skunk or rocky?' which means green or hash.

I have NEVER had a bad experience on skunk and would recomend it to anyone interested in AAA class weed. It is just modern marijuana actually.

i bought what i was told was skunk about 15 years ago, what i can remember was it was very expensive, about $120 for a qrt of an oz, that was pretty dear back then, but it was great so i got it regularly till it dried up which was about a year, i remember driving on it one day and i had to pull over and get a burger and coke to bring myself down a bit, i was living at home at the time and my dad found my stash while i was out probably coz my room stunk, but what amazed me was that he said that he found skunk weed in my room, and not to let mum find it, he actually knew what to call it instead of saying i found pot in your room..... anyway i dont think i've smoked any bettter since, and i don't mind paying for quality........

I smoked my first joint in the late 70's and it was skunk. I will never forget the smell, strong, pungent, but with a sweetness about it. We would ride around in an old CJ-4 Jeep and smoke. Nothing better than crusin and smoking on a Saturday night just following all of the roads to no where. Not a care in the world and a true sense of freedom when you're that young. If we got too baked, we'd just go off road and park it, light up another bowl and just watch the stars. Man, I miss those days!

1979 for me. It came from a guy who worked the docks in Chicago. Smoked it liked it and started breeding it with the pot we were already growing. Same with orange bud got it about the same time

Back
Top Bottom