Skylining: My Guide To Cannabis Training Featuring Blue Gelato 41 & Pink Kush

I topped the BG41 and since her side branches stretched a lot, I decided to keep these. I will Skyline only the Pink Kush and that way, we can compare the structure at the end with a regular trained BG41. Some clones are taking water and looking stronger. I think I will lose one more BG41 clone and move on to SOG with two BG41, three PK and four Liberty Haze. I got these LH seeds last december and couldn't start a grow with them. Missed that strain so much and I'm pretty excited to grow that again.

LH supposed to be a good one.

Indeed Penny, I definately think this is a connoisseur's strain :passitleft:I've had the chance to grow LH like four years ago and it was amazing with a nice sweet lime taste and smell. THC can get seriously high on this strain and my nugs were knocking me out after 4-5 joins at night. I smoked almost half of the amount that I normally smoke with LH. I've seen two phenos of LH from Barney's farm. One was my plant and the other one was a friends grow. Both turned out terrific in terms of quality and yield.

I used Advanced Nutrients with crappy but high amount of CFL lighting on that grow and was very happy with the result. This time I got way better lights and I am using GH nutrients. That will also be a nutrient shootout for me :Rasta: I always thought Advanced Nutrients products are great but they are also ridicilously expensive.

Hi guys. Both of the plants are topped now. BG41 seems to be recovered from the topping and showing some vertical growth on the new main tops. Pink Kush is just topped and trimmed for a little more. I don't want to strip everything at once because I need these new tops on PK stronger before that. After that I will strip everything down and move on with the Skylining. I think Blue Gelato 41 will be huge compared to Pink Kush and that is because of the genetics. This plant is now vegging like crazy. This wasn't expected because PK was growing faster in early veg. I might consider trimming BG41's side branches to not sacrifice an even canopy and return to the original plan, where I was skylining both plants. We'll see after these clones gets out of the way. They made me lose lots of time but I think they will make an amazing SOG garden :blunt:

Here is how things look now;

I got a small greenhouse for the clones. I've been spraying them to drip like twenty times a day and it is exhausting. Some of them are happy but some of them just aren't because the humidity wasn't enough for them. I poured some water on the bottom of the greenhouse and closed the lids. I think these problematic clones should feel a lot better in there with higher RH. We'll see.

Here is how they look;

Hey folks. Pink Kush is ready for Skylining. BG41 might join her as well but as I said earlier we'll see.

I am planning to buy two new tents with different dimensions to fit in my grow room better. I will abandon 3x3 tents for good and rearrange my grow room in a more customised way. First tent will be the flower room and have dimensions 3x5x6. I will definately enjoy the height of this tent because I am having trouble cooling my tents in summer and I can install more fans into this bigger tent. I will install 2x 240W Atreum QB's and my own LED board. 720W of QB's will flower this tent properly. 480W of 3000K and 240W of 4000K. We will observe how different sections of plants perform under these different spectrums. Second tent will be for propogation and veg. and have dimensions 3x2x3. I will install a single Viparspectra R300 in that tent to make my vegging plants stretch and get ready for training faster. I went to the hydro store today to get these tents but unfortunately they said that they are waiting for the next shipment so I will be building these in two weeks.

Cheers :passitleft:

I moved the plants into the big tent and some images of the new setup will be here tomorrow. I've recently harvested my plants and feeling exhausted. Below, you can see how much my Purple Punch yielded. That was a Skylined plant but as I said earlier, I couldn't properly defoliated her. Still, she offered me a lot of fine buds as well as some fine colas. We are expecting higher yields in this journal. I am still waiting for the buds to dry and when they do, I will share how much this PP yielded and how much I will try to harvest from the Pink Kush and the BG41 here. 2x that PP harvest is already a good amount but we are looking higher here am I right :blunt:

Purple Punch;

Hello TriangleCheese, I was wondering how long you veged this punch and how long it flowered. Cheers Liking this journal so far, this skylining makes for some great looking plants, clean cut and shaved. Lol

Glad to hear that Bud :passitleft:

I will take clones in a few days because I've been busy with my LED board project lately so things are going a little bit slow here. After taking clones I will top these babies and start "Skylining".

I think I got rid of all of the pests. Still, I am planning to use Spinosad because a fellow master grower here advised me to do so just to make sure the clones are free from any eggs or thrips. I don't want to mess with thrips on a SOG grow :)

I'll be back in a few days with clones and possibly topping. I hope you guys are patient enough to see what will happen here.

Happy growing :blunt:
Just a suggestion, I was thinking that you must have a container with all your soil. Was wondering if there is a treatment to apply to this soil stash to avoid contaminating all your cleaned spaces, lots of work went into this cleaning and sure dont want it to be reintroduced. CHeers

I’ll follow long if you don’t mind @TriangleCheese, I’m also thinking about adding a tent also.

Welcome aboard Canada :passitleft: Always room for more growers here.

I'll definately upgrade my tents because it is soooo freaking hot in here. I am thinking of keeping my plants in veg. for a long time and use the second tent for blooming this BG41 alone maybe. I am still trying to figure out which would be the best choice. We'll see after these clones start growing :)

Hello TriangleCheese, I was wondering how long you veged this punch and how long it flowered. Cheers Liking this journal so far, this skylining makes for some great looking plants, clean cut and shaved. Lol

Thanks BS :passitleft: Purple Punch was vegged for almost two months after first leaves.

Just a suggestion, I was thinking that you must have a container with all your soil. Was wondering if there is a treatment to apply to this soil stash to avoid contaminating all your cleaned spaces, lots of work went into this cleaning and sure dont want it to be reintroduced. CHeers

I am growing in coco but I am not keeping them sterile because until now I trusted the hydrostore to keep them clean and they simply don't. I think we can cook the soil/coco in oven with aluminum sheet cover. I can't recall for how long and at what temp. though it won't be hard for me to find if you want :blunt:

Thanks BS :passitleft: Purple Punch was vegged for almost two months after first leaves.

I am growing in coco but I am not keeping them sterile because until now I trusted the hydrostore to keep them clean and they simply don't. I think we can cook the soil/coco in oven with aluminum sheet cover. I can't recall for how long and at what temp. though it won't be hard for me to find if you want :blunt:
That was my thinking as well, I have an outdoor grow and added manure and compost. Dont think that soil is coming back into the house, will bin it up and keep it for outdoor, dont want the headaches. I understand, Coco can be good or bad, I read that you must clean/flush it well before use, I think you already did this. Cheers

That was my thinking as well, I have an outdoor grow and added manure and compost. Dont think that soil is coming back into the house, will bin it up and keep it for outdoor, dont want the headaches. I understand, Coco can be good or bad, I read that you must clean/flush it well before use, I think you already did this. Cheers

Yeah but washing didn't prevent fungus gnats. I will wash with some hydrogen peroxide next time.

Thanks @TriangleCheese, I’m in quite a predicament myself. I have 2 8x8 rooms, 1 in flower, 1 that I should be flipping to flower shortly for a seed run. We have a new “Veg spec” light on the way, I think I need to get get a 5x5 tent to either pollinate in or veg in.... decisions! Lol

Thanks @TriangleCheese, I’m in quite a predicament myself. I have 2 8x8 rooms, 1 in flower, 1 that I should be flipping to flower shortly for a seed run. We have a new “Veg spec” light on the way, I think I need to get get a 5x5 tent to either pollinate in or veg in.... decisions! Lol

Make sure to read the first parts of the journal. We talked about how spectrum affects your grow characteristics. Veg. spec lights(probably with lots of blue) will give you nice and tight node seperation but if you like stretching your plants before topping like me, then you need red more than you need blue.

I'll visit your journal soon mate :passitleft: Then maybe we'll have a discussion on which tents or what size to use.

I would like to share some update on clones since they are a small part of this journal. I've lost many but I got at least five of them living . Sad thing is I lost all of the Liberty Haze clones.

I am now feeding them with a very mild solution with 1ml/l Flora Coco grow, 0.5ml/l bloom and 1ml/l Fulvic. They got lots of roots and they love the proper pH so I am expecting them to recover and become nice young plants in a week. Hopefully I will wash all of my medium with H2O2 this week and get rid of all of the remaining shit.

I am feeding BG41 and PK with full power(4ml/l grow 1ml/l bloom and 2ml/l fulvic) and they are growing strong. Pink Kush will be a great example for Skylining and we will compare the yield with the BG41 which evidently has stronger genetics when it comes to structure. They are both topped and BG41 isn't stripped like PK. When I get my new tent, we will be observing them side by side.

Here is the looks. Cheers :passitleft:

BG41;

Pink Kush;

Clones;

I decided to go totally baked today. I am making "Cannabis infused Burnt Basque Cheesecake" with some popcorn nugs of my last harvest, Purple Punch. I don't think there will be any update on the tent today :passitleft:

Here are the prep. steps for cannabis infused heavy cream. We don't have oil or butter in the recipe so I decided to infuse my cannabis into cream.

4 grams of popcorn nugs after decarboxylation;

That stuff was crispy so I only had to use my hands instead of a grinder;

Mix it well;

Simmer for 40 minutes on low heat;

I'll also share the cake if it turns out fine :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom