Skylining: My Guide To Cannabis Training Featuring Blue Gelato 41 & Pink Kush

Hey guys I'm back with some update on BG41 :volcano-smiley:

She is blooming nicely and I've been feeding her a lot. Her average consumption of water is around 1.5 gal. per day. I am sure that she needs more but I am slowly increasing the amount.

Nugs under my LED's are literally kicking ass. Atreum nugs are also fine but there is noticable difference. Supercropped branches are almost totally recovered.

I've been measuring CO2 levels in that tent since I got an Exhale CO2 bag in there. Results are shocking because this is a very small grow tent and they are advertising this product like it is producing 1200PPM of CO2 but results are not even close. I've measured right in front of the bag and several other locations inside the room. I turned the exhaust fan off last night and here is the CO2 measurement right after the lights go on;

This is not a perfect location to measure the available CO2 for plants but I couldn't get a reading more than 700PPM anywhere inside the tent. Outside of the tent has around 400PPM of CO2 and Exhale is increasing that just a little but I don't think I will buy that one again. I can get this much CO2 with DIY yeast system easily and for a lot cheaper. Exhale is so not recommended :rip: I will try Granddaddy CO2 pads next.

Here is how Blue Gelato 41 looks. Cheers :passitleft:

Blue Gelato is now on her 28th day of flowering. She is still trying to grow upwards where the light is powerful. These branches are amazing and I supercropped them to prevent any possible light burn but with my own design LED's, it is kinda impossible to burn any nugs because lenses are blocking a great amount of heat and I got a fat ass heatsink. I feel very confident that no commercial product can beat that. Material cost is way too expensive on my fixture simply because it has lenses and a greater heatsink.

Blue Gelato 41, supercropped for the second time on flowering;

CO2 levels are slightly rising but I am paying great attention to this test and don't expect to read anything more than 800PPM, which indicates a terrible performance for Exhale CO2...

Veg. tent haven't been recieving any water for five days. I decided to give the pots a dry period to give these fungus gnats even a harder time. I literally see zero gnats inside that tent. I still spot a few on my bloom tent but it is practically nothing. BG41 doesn't give a shit about them. She is growing nugs, she is still trying to grow up, she is still amazing me with that unbelievable growth power. If I enjoy these BG41 nugs much, I will definately keep this strain forever because this strain has its own way of thriving.

Check on my veg. tent to see what I am talking about. I have a Pink Kush inside a 5 gal. fabric pot, grown from the seed. I've took some clones and if you check my perpetual nursery journal, you can see how these clones are doing. Inside this veg. tent, I also have two more BG41 clones. That Pink Kush seed was dropped with the blooming BG41 and she has been vegging for a veeeery long time. Such a slow grower. I've tried everything guys trust me on that. But the big BG41 clone has already caught up with the Pink Kush, even though she is at least 5 weeks younger than the PK and had a terrible cloning phase, as I shared few pages earlier.

Check the original Pink Kush & BG41 clones and observe how much genetics matter :passitleft:

Pink Kush;

Big BG41 clone;

Smaller BG41 clone;

Cheers :bongrip:

Flip on the veg. tent. First day of 12/12 for the Pink Kush and cloned BG41's. This tent is totally free from pests but I have very few on my flowering BG41. I will top dress that pot with DE soon and get a big ass tray to bottom feed that 10 gal. fabric pot. DE already worked miraculously on veg. tent.

Here is the fresh flipped tent;

Blue Gelato 41 is on her 30th day of flowering. Buds are forming and I can see that the nodes are pretty stacked on the cola sites. Here are some beautiful BG41 premature tops. Smells like hazelnut guys. Thats a first for me :passitleft:

Cheers :blunt:

Some of the top leaves are still droping. I was watering this plant plenty so I'm going to dry the coco out a little then feed a little bit less. I have to admit that 10gal. pot was a little bit big but this plant filled it with roots agressively and to match my expectations, this plant needs to have that kind of root system.

Here is main Blue Gelato 41 on her 37th day of flowering. Cheers :passitleft:

Some great news on the lights. I've managed to manufacture my custom QB design yesterday. This full spectrum fixture is so fucking bright and has Osram Oslom 660nm boost onboard. Since I used different full spectrum LED's than the rest of the industry, I'll keep that as a secret but my main goal here is to obtain the most possible PPFD using full spectrum diodes. I will start a local business and I hope to be a sponsor here in 2021.

I will share PPFD mapping soon but I got some temp. values. Driver is around 50, heatsink is around 48 and LED's are around 59 degrees Celsius. This values are recorded in terrible surrounding conditions. 30 degrees Celsius and %50 RH. Tent has 180cm height and the exhaust fan is very small. I think these LED's won't be running hotter than 54-55 degrees Celsius in a 200cm tent with proper exhaust, and 48-49 degrees Celsius in an air conditioned room. I will read same data in these conditions in following weeks as well.

Unfortunately, driver is kinda wrecked while shipping. It is working but I think it is not perfectly shielded anymore. To overcome this problem, I will make them ship the drivers seperately and in a box. Shipping personel is terrible in where I live.

Here is how my new Ferrari looks. Cheers :passitleft:

I am back with some more pictures guys :passitleft:

My lights are killing it on the fresh flipped tent. I got two BG41 clones and a Pink Kush from the seed in this tent. 300W for three plants. They are on their 12th day after flip. They started to show some signs of flowering and I swapped to the bloom feeding schedule today. I've been treating these ladies with 4ml/l Flora Coco Grow, 1ml/l of bloom, 2ml/l Fulvic and 1ml/l AN Rhino Skin. Today, I used 1ml/l grow, 3ml/l bloom, 2ml/l Rhino Skin and 2ml/l AN Big Bud. That is the same formula that I am using on my main BG41 in the next tent. I flushed that plant and feeding her light for a couple of days. I am giving her less Big Bud, Rhino and bloom than usual but I will crank them up if she needs. So far so good.

A small update on the CO2 level in the tent with the Exhale bag. CO2 is now around 650 PPM and that shows a slight increase but still, Exhale bags are not sufficient and doesn't perform as advertised.

I will compare my two LED prototypes after these plants get harvested. My modules are easily outperforming Atreum 3000K's but since they have different designs(one of them is ~210W while the red boosted design is ~300W) it would be hard to compare these but it is always great to have data, no matter how unprecise it may seem at first.

Things will be much more fun in a couple of weeks here. Cheers :bongrip:

Pink Kush, BG41 clones under 300W custom design full spectrum LED fixture with 660nm boost;

Main BG41(lollipopped and cropped for the last time) under 240W 3000K Atreum QB's plus ~210W custom design full spectrum LED fixture;

Some update on the second bloom tent. The big BG41 clone is taking over the tent so I will rise other plants to get an even canopy. I will put something under the trays and match canopy levels. BG41 is very agressive so I will give more height than needed for Pink Kush. I am pretty sure there will be at least 20 cm of difference in their canopies if I leave them alone. Still Pink Kush is a bigger and more mature plant, therefore it should yield more so I will keep giving her priority. Anyways, they are already producing flowers. Let's check them out first;

Another update is for the main BG41. As you guys know, I've been struggling with pests for a while. I got rid of thrips in both tents but then fungus gnats started. I managed to solve that problem on my second tent with DE and bottom feeding but I haven't been able to bottom feed my main BG41 until today. I got a bigass tray to bottom feed her and I topped her thick perlite layer with DE. I will say goodbye to fungus gnats forever in a couple of days. Tray feels pretty amazing and it is built with hydrophobic material so it makes sure that your plant can suck all of the juice you pour in there. Here is the new top dressing and bottom feeding routine for BG41;

No more pests. Air is getting cold so no more heat stress and foxtailing. No more compromises on my grows anymore.

I will start a perpetual bloom journal soon. Things will be heavenly there. I will only be growing Purple Punch and Pink Kush clones for a while but I have been breeding my own seeds and in a couple of months, you will be seeing several different genetics bred by me and a fellow master grower here. Feeling very excited about all of these. Not to mention that amazing LED fixture I've built. I had a local business meeting with a grow shop here and they told me that these fixtures were producing over 1600 micromoles per joule. I might start a local lighting business soon. I haven't done my own test yet but I haven't seen any LED fixture producing that much full spectrum light.

Cheers :passitleft:

Pink Kush isn’t usually a big plant. It does produce well though. It’s one of my favorites actually.

Hey Penny :passitleft:

I've smoke it from two different sources and it was amazing on the second time. First time was at Barney's Coffeeshop at Amsterdam. I guess they couldn't get amazing buds on that batch. But the second time was also Barney's genetics. After your positive comments on the Pink Kush, I decided to keep that one as mother. It is a cloned mother so I think I should call her an F1 mother.

I am trying to get some Katsu Pre98 Bubba seeds after you mentioned it lots of times. My preferred daily smoke is couchlocking indicas and as far as I understand, this strain has no joke.

I hope Pink Kush will become a favourite for me as well. Effects were indica leaning and I enjoyed a very limited stock pretty much. I won't try to get them too big next time. Blue Gelato is a skyliner but Pink Kush definately isn't.

Back
Top Bottom