SLH In Aeroponics

Hey Deer, the plants look great, especially in the more natural light! I have always been a soil guy, it looks like you're doing well with the new hydro approach.

I am running an SLH too from Greenhouse, but mine must be more of a sativa phenotype as the leaves are quite narrow with a 'waxy' appearance. I haven't had SLH before so I'm looking forward to trying it out as many speak really highly of it.

Hey Deer, the plants look great, especially in the more natural light! I have always been a soil guy, it looks like you're doing well with the new hydro approach.

I am running an SLH too from Greenhouse, but mine must be more of a sativa phenotype as the leaves are quite narrow with a 'waxy' appearance. I haven't had SLH before so I'm looking forward to trying it out as many speak really highly of it.
Thanks man, im pretty happy with the progress. They are growing alot easier than i thought they would!

In soil the plants are much more different! What ive noticed, in soil they stretch alot more from the beginning.
Im sure that has an effect on the plant. But i think the right humidity also plays a big part!

I cant say much for "waxy" leafs(im not exactly sure what you mean)
But every plant is diffenrent!
I did a bunch of OG Kush a while back in soil. (most of which i gave away as presets ) Out of maybe 10 seeds i had one OG that was so supernatural looking, straight for the magazine type of look!!
Every seed is different!

I cant say much for "waxy" leafs(im not exactly sure what you mean)
I'm probably describing it wrong, but compared to my other strains whose leaves are a more shiny green, my SLH is green also but a more duller/waxy appearance. I saw this on another poster's SLH grow and as I'm now growing it I see a similar look.

Have you had SLH before? Some folk highly praise it, so I'm looking forward to to having a first hand experience of it!

Here's a couple of pics of my plant

I'm probably describing it wrong, but compared to my other strains whose leaves are a more shiny green, my SLH is green also but a more duller/waxy appearance. I saw this on another poster's SLH grow and as I'm now growing it I see a similar look.

Have you had SLH before? Some folk highly praise it, so I'm looking forward to to having a first hand experience of it!

I hope it's as good a smoke as she looks, just beautiful Amigo. :bravo:
Always a work of art.
Take care my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Im pretty sure your leafs are skinny because youre growing in a hot temperature. Are you not?
Just give them the right nutes at the right time, im sure they'll come up to be beautiful!

I have grown SLH in soil before, it was a mass scrog of many different types, but cant remember much on the grow... i do have some pics somewhere, ill post them if i find them

WEEK 7 - DAY 49

Whatsup all.
I missed to update last week. My cat hasnt been well. Its a wild cat by nature so its been a nightmare taking care of him(waking up multiple times per night,etc)
20240228_153715.jpg

I neglected the garden somewhat over the last week or so, they grew out alot.
Last week they were bushing out branches like crazy even tho in 12/12. I figured out it was too much Nitrogen because of the Cal&Mag. I gave 2 waterings of just BLOOM. Today they had 4:1 of BLOOM:GROW
20240303_141505.jpg

20240303_141556.jpg

20240303_141613.jpg

Ive trimmed the bottom leaf growth 2 times now(last week and this week). These things are still too bushy! --ive never experienced this kind of growth in soil. They are now def flowering
T
20240303_141800.jpg

@Stunger ;-now that in flower, they seem to look very similar.
20240303_141859.jpg

PPM @875 pH@ 5.6

Im pretty sure your leafs are skinny because youre growing in a hot temperature. Are you not?
Just give them the right nutes at the right time, im sure they'll come up to be beautiful!
I have 2 other strains growing in the same trough garden sharing the same soil. My SLH has the thinnest leaves of the 3, which I am assuming it is more of a sativa leaning phenotype. Its leaves are ever so slightly dull/waxy compared to the other 2 plants that are sharing the same soil, so I was thinking that is just an attribute of the SLH as I do remember seeing a similar look to a SLH that @Emeraldo grew, but other than that all 3 appear healthy. They are all in flowering now so I'm looking forward to the results. Perhaps yours are more of an Indica phenotype which I recall Emeraldo mentioning that was his favourite. Your garden is blooming nicely!

I have 2 other strains growing in the same trough garden sharing the same soil. My SLH has the thinnest leaves of the 3, which I am assuming it is more of a sativa leaning phenotype. Its leaves are ever so slightly dull/waxy compared to the other 2 plants that are sharing the same soil, so I was thinking that is just an attribute of the SLH as I do remember seeing a similar look to a SLH that @Emeraldo grew, but other than that all 3 appear healthy. They are all in flowering now so I'm looking forward to the results. Perhaps yours are more of an Indica phenotype which I recall Emeraldo mentioning that was his favourite. Your garden is blooming nicely!
Could be. But youre growing outside so its very diff.!
And its never good to grow more than one plant in1 container(im sure youve heard of that) , because the roots fight for space just like carrots/other plants do.
What nutes do you give?

Could be. But youre growing outside so its very diff.!
And its never good to grow more than one plant in1 container(im sure youve heard of that) , because the roots fight for space just like carrots/other plants do.
What nutes do you give?
My garden trough is 1.8M/6 foot long with about 300L/80 gallons of living organic soil. Previously I grew in pots where the quantity of soil would only be about a third of what the plants have now. So far they seem happy together.

I haven't given any nutes aside from a sprinkling a tablespoon or two of bloom fertiliser on the mulch for each plant, but to be honest they didn't look like they needed anything.

Here is a post I did last week ---> pic of the plants in the trough.

My garden trough is 1.8M/6 foot long with about 300L/80 gallons of living organic soil. Previously I grew in pots where the quantity of soil would only be about a third of what the plants have now. So far they seem happy together.

I haven't given any nutes aside from a sprinkling a tablespoon or two of bloom fertiliser on the mulch for each plant, but to be honest they didn't look like they needed anything.

Here is a post I did last week ---> pic of the plants in the trough.
Lovely garden! but you need to give them nutes(you should have already mixed it in with the soil at the beginning!!) They look Hungry(besides the center plant).
I always used Bat Guano and GHE/TA nutes in soil. Although if you can get get the right Guano you could do the entire grow completely organically!
Heres my Guano Info;
20240303_204120.jpg

I'd recommend you make a TEA and water them.

Lovely garden! but you need to give them nutes(you should have already mixed it in with the soil at the beginning!!) They look Hungry(besides the center plant).
I always used Bat Guano and GHE/TA nutes in soil. Although if you can get get the right Guano you could do the entire grow completely organically!
Heres my Guano Info;
20240303_204120.jpg

I'd recommend you make a TEA and water them.
That's an amazing mix of guano you have. Where I am there isn't that diversity on offer, but I built the trough soil before I planted with a lot of nutrients/amendments, the lower third consists of a bit of super soil layer with a lot of composted chicken poo.

That's an amazing mix of guano you have. Where I am there isn't that diversity on offer, but I built the trough soil before I planted with a lot of nutrients/amendments, the lower third consists of a bit of super soil layer with a lot of composted chicken poo.
I've. seen this "super-soil" mentioned a few times recently, ive never used it. Nor for chicken poo :). but your plants want alot of BLOOM at the very least!

WEEK 8 - DAY 56

Been trying to even out the canopy as much as possible this week. Bent down 4 plants this week (squeezing the stems to bend them over), last 2 still recovering. There are 4-5 high-riders in the very back, im leaving them to be as is, they will bulk up on the sides.

PPM@1350. Though its been as high as 1740 this week(after not checking on them for 3 days).
20240310_183521.jpg

From right side;
20240310_183739.jpg

LightsOUT;
20240310_201304.jpg

:slide: :cheer:

Some root pics.
This is the first time i looked at them in Real light for a long time, they are definitely brown(even with H.Peroxide). but the growth is good so that's im all concerned with :)

Looking into water Res;
20240310_232127.jpg

Bottom left--looking inside;
20240310_233415.jpg

20240310_233419.jpg

20240310_233502.jpg

:cheer: :rollit:

WEEK 10 - DAY 70

I missed last week. Been too busy. the girls PPM has been jumping up alot over the nights and i didnt have time to care for them. They've been stressed this week, the PPM was @ 2000+ a few days ago. They got nute burn.
They still have atleast 2 weeks left. Only 1-2 brown hairs. They'll recover.

20240324_133003.jpg

20240324_133035.jpg

20240324_133104.jpg

20240324_133256.jpg

20240324_133316.jpg

PPM @ 1200 today.

Lights OUT - DAY70

They would be thicker if for not my negligence..
20240324_200054.jpg

20240324_200125.jpg

20240324_200134.jpg

The top left girl that i bent over a couple weeks ago (squeezed the stems to bend them down) was a bad idea! i knew it was not recommended to do. You can see the top left coalas still somewhat small/ fluffy..
Never bend in FLOWER!

WEEK 11 - DAY 77

Doing ok, i trimmed off alot of leafs this week, to give light to the bottom as much as possible(since they're such tall bastards!!).
I've released alot of the ties aswell. Most from the top left plant. One can see they are alot more bare(popcicles) on the top left.

20240331_125733.jpg

20240331_125850.jpg

20240331_130002.jpg

20240331_131054.jpg

20240331_131157.jpg

PPM @ about 1340
All of them are filling in nicely besides the top left. Bending her down only made her concentrate on repairing the stems as appose to producing bud.

Bend in VEG never in FLOWER!!
Also today, the lights are turning OFF 1h early (11/13). Never done it before but i think it should help the plant kick in to late flower cycle, simillar like it does when growing outside.
:rollit: :cheer::slide:

WEEK 11 - DAY 77

Doing ok, i trimmed off alot of leafs this week, to give light to the bottom as much as possible(since they're such tall bastards!!).
I've released alot of the ties aswell. Most from the top left plant. One can see they are alot more bare(popcicles) on the top left.

20240331_125733.jpg

20240331_125850.jpg

20240331_130002.jpg

20240331_131054.jpg

20240331_131157.jpg

PPM @ about 1340
All of them are filling in nicely besides the top left. Bending her down only made her concentrate on repairing the stems as appose to producing bud.

Bend in VEG never in FLOWER!!
Also today, the lights are turning OFF 1h early (11/13). Never done it before but i think it should help the plant kick in to late flower cycle, simillar like it does when growing outside.
:rollit: :cheer::slide:
Hopefully it speeds up the harvest :thumb:
Garden is amazing Buddy :bravo:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom