Slow plant growth

fault

So first time growing indoor, there's 2 plants and they only grew about 5 inches in a month veg to flower, I'm at my end of l the first week of flower. It's also doesn't have a lot of branches, how often can I fim or top, also when does the plant grow the most in flower.

If you are in veg you can fim or top almost as much as you want, but if you are into flower there is almost no point in it. The plant will stretch the first few weeks of flower, basically till drastic bud development starts then most of the growth goes to the buds. You should have been fimming or topping while in veg. and let the plant grow in veg till its big enough to flower. If it only vegged for the one month and was 5 inches tall, you will probably only end up with a 10-12 inch tall plant. If you start topping while in flower you may stress the plant and cause smaller yield and possible hermie problems.

i topped and fimed in veg but i probably didnt do it enough so it would get bushy, and i fimed in the first week of flower. i just see alot of ppl plants just grow a shit ton in like a week and mine isnt, so im just alil nervous

Any high stress, like topping or fimming, is gonna causethe plant to shut down and regroup, Usually a few days. You need to let her go 2 weeks with no extra stress and you will see her kick in high gear sir! :goodluck:

No but yes. I assume soil grow? If so they have nothing to eat. When you feed your girls it strips the soil (if you are in soil) . Generally you flush every 2-3 depending on how heavy you are feeding. Or if harvest is soon. :)

they are in a dwc. im going by the nutrient feeding schedule. maybe i need to let them be and stop checking on them every min lol then maybe ill notice a deference lol

I strongly suggest checking with one of our sponsors, Blue Planet Nutrients.. The owner is something of an alchemist and has a superior range of nutrition for your plants, including such things as vita blue that greatly increases a plants resilience to shock and improves shock recovery time....love your plants, give them the vitamins they need ;)

You should not really be doing any topping or fimming at all in the flowering stage. there are only 2 styles of plant torture that are really acceptable during flower and that's LST and Supercropping.

LST during flowering is mainly all about opening up the branches for increased light penetration or maybe filling up the allocated space.

Supercropping during flower is really all about evening out the canopy for best use of light distances, if your tallest branch is significantly higher than the rest of the crop, then it stands to reason that even with shock, the overall benefit of being able to lower the light for a better average outweighs the shock cost.

Back
Top Bottom