Slower Grower Of Northern Lights

420-magazine-mobile307113798.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1686143017.jpg

It just wouldn't be right to leave my babies without some hugs & kisses! .

I make decals as a side job .

Be Jelly

That should be fine...I like the ingredients...I would only use maybe 1 dose to a gallon to start when the girlz are young...when the plants are young, I would feed/water/water...let the pots dry out between feeding and watering...when my girlz are in their final homes(7 gallon fabric pots)...its feed/water/feed/water... usually that is every four or five days...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

An ounce of the good stuff here is about $400. I would be happy with an ounce of home grown.

Bummer prices. In legal states, where I experienced legal cannabis, they sell $250> per ounce. Then I took on to growing where I pulled an ounce each per plant on my first grow, both were afghan landrace plants, both ounces consumed in a month turned me into a bear (full hibernation/sleeping and appetite boost mode). If we're talking prices, growing will save you more in the long run, even more so if you plan to take a buck off it and sell some product.

420-magazine-mobile1547375466.jpg

I just bought this. It's a 2-2-2?
They had a fish one that was like 2-3.6-2 I think
Then a flowering one.

Is this gonna be okay?

Looks like a 2-2-2, yea. Those types of fertilizers are generally referred to as "complete" nutrient fertilizers, it will work for an all-around healthy plant, but if you're looking to boost your plant's vegetative state look for a hi-nitrogen type of fertilizer. If you want the beesknees, look for anything with bat guano in it. In my country, bat guano fertilizer is somewhat of a trade secret of horticulturists and farmers, they grow human-sized fruit and vegetables deemed unfit to be sold in the local markets but all grown organically and pesticide free.

And could somebody recommend a feeding schedule? Please & Thank you

For a feeding schedule, mine is simple enough:feeding happens once a week. The amount of fertilizer is gauged on the size of the plant, and it really is something you will experiment on. Personally, I learned the trial and error way. The very best way to approach feeding is to not go overboard and practice a "less is best" principle in applying fertilizer. Nothing too intricate.

If we're talking prices, growing will save you more in the long run, even more so if you plan to take a buck off it and sell some product.

I'm interesting in growing to medicate my chronic pain, and for a buddy with insomnia. I just started medicating this year, so it's all a new experience for me.

I'm interesting in growing to medicate my chronic pain, and for a buddy with insomnia. I just started medicating this year, so it's all a new experience for me.

Insomnia and chronic pain are the keywords you'd get for Afghan if you search them up in Leafly. It's the perfect 100% indica, I got mine from Spliff seeds Amsterdam, and they're a backcross-to-stabilize original landrace (means they're easy to grow, very disease and mould resistant). The only backlog for the Afghan is that it's extremely appetite boosting; some experienced smokers can fight-off the munchies, but it's one side effect of a perfect indica. Also heard there are conditions and treatments (like chemo) that lead to loss of appetite, so the afghan helps.

Have I told you how wondrous the afghan plant is yet? I'd go over it again because it is the perfect medicine.

Bummer prices. In legal states, where I experienced legal cannabis, they sell $250> per ounce. Then I took on to growing where I pulled an ounce each per plant on my first grow, both were afghan landrace plants, both ounces consumed in a month turned me into a bear (full hibernation/sleeping and appetite boost mode). If we're talking prices, growing will save you more in the long run, even more so if you plan to take a buck off it and sell some product.
Indeed, the wife and I sampled some of our first grow last night. Shit knocked us out! Some sweet White Widow that had been dried in the fridge in paper bags, then cured for a week in glass jars ( still curing but wanted to try some). We got some serious body high with tingles and MAD couch lock. A very body high, we didn't the "chase thoughts" as we call the mental high we get from smoking some BHO we have. Good stuff! Looking forward to trying different strains out.

(Didn't mean to highjack your journal, but I wanted to share my success!)

Well folks, sadly, my plants look pitiful! They have not grown even in the slightest and I'm starting to lose hope. I think they just may be stunted? I forgot some information that might be helpful to you guys...

The plants were outside the first week after germinating. Where I live temps get up to around 91 degrees. Think this could have any impact on there slow grow? They literally are the same size as the most recent pics I have posted. I'm still gonna keep them up there and see how it goes. Also one of the little goobers leafs looked slightly burned. ouch. Maybe from my SPACTACULAR, AMAZING, OUT OF THIS WORLD homemade fertilizer. ha.

On another note, I popped 2 more of the Northern Lights seeds I had. This time I germinated using the papertowel method. I got 2 solo cups and drilled 4 holes in the bottom of them. And guess what ya'll? I only almost lost ONE finger...haha. Seriously took me like 30 min. Idk how you men know how to operate all of that complex machinery. Filled them up with the soil I have (that I posted earlier in this thread) stuck them in there, covered them up, LIGHTLY watered, said a prayer, and placed them in the tent with the others. Is this okay to do? I'm not sure if you can do that with the LED's or not. It was really nice and cool in my tent, I think the fan has helped a bunch! It felt humid-ish but nothing too bad. I know this is only my opinion I plan on getting a hydrometer in the near future I just haven't been to town and live about 45 min away from the closest... anything lol. I have 2 more seeds germinating of the Purple Cream strain but no luck yet....

I solemnly swear to keep these seedlings inside and avoid over heating at all costs. In a weird way this group reminds me of girl scouts... or wait, boy scouts? I was never in boy scouts but i'd think it would be similar to girl scouts? Idk, but I feel like I owe it to you guys at all costs to be honest about my pitiful plants. I really just wanna be cool and be like "oh, yeah plants are great yeahhhh" but .... sigh..... yeah there not.

Anyways, gotta go fix my hair...hot date tonight whattttttttt

I'll post pics later.

not of my hair of course... just the plants ;)

...personally I like to use cfls for the first few weeks...because you can keep them so close and let them develop without too much stretch...things don't always go as smooth as we like...especially starting out...you have a support team here, so just keep at it!...good luck...and keep posting pictures...plants not hair...lolool...hot date eh!...good luck with that too...:rofl:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Indeed, the wife and I sampled some of our first grow last night. Shit knocked us out! Some sweet White Widow that had been dried in the fridge in paper bags, then cured for a week in glass jars ( still curing but wanted to try some). We got some serious body high with tingles and MAD couch lock. A very body high, we didn't the "chase thoughts" as we call the mental high we get from smoking some BHO we have. Good stuff! Looking forward to trying different strains out.

(Didn't mean to highjack your journal, but I wanted to share my success!)

Well that's just bomb diggity. I'm gonna have to hit you up if I ever get anything growing. Paper bags in the fridge whattttttt?

Well that's just bomb diggity. I'm gonna have to hit you up if I ever get anything growing. Paper bags in the fridge whattttttt?
Oh yeah!! Check out Doc Ziggy's low and slow curing method. DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest
By putting it in the fridge it slows the drying process to retain more terps and cannanoids (I believe). It's a good read, but some of it is over my head and you have to infer the method it not specifically spelled out in the thread. What I did was: harvest, trim (saved the trim for an attempted at quick wash iso using Everclear), then put the nugs into paper bags and into the fridge for a week shaking/stirring every day or so. After the nugs where dry I but them into a glass jar in the fridge with the lid on and "burb" the jar (open it and leave it open for an hour or so) every day for a week. I'm continuing the fridge curing till I smoke it all, but I'm spreading out the burbs to every 2 days the 3 days till I do it about once a week. I didn't wash my harvest, I've heard it does wonders, but for my first grow I didn't want to screw something up by drowning it in a water/lemon juice/baking soda(I think) solution. Maybe next harvest I'll set aside half to wash and see if there is anything to it.

Waiting for pics of your plants, Kelsey. Need to see the type of burning that occurred or is occurring, it may be the lights, it may be overfeeding. I wouldn't attribute burning to overfeeding mostly if you're using organic fertilizer, organics make it hard to OD your plants. It really could be the "hot" soil, but we need to see the kind of burning to diagnose the problem.
For the stunting, I really wouldn't worry much this early on, just wait for it to recover and it will be back to normal. Did you water any of them lately, btw?

Well folks, sadly, my plants look pitiful! They have not grown even in the slightest and I'm starting to lose hope. I think they just may be stunted? I forgot some information that might be helpful to you guys...

The plants were outside the first week after germinating. Where I live temps get up to around 91 degrees. Think this could have any impact on there slow grow? They literally are the same size as the most recent pics I have posted. I'm still gonna keep them up there and see how it goes. Also one of the little goobers leafs looked slightly burned. ouch. Maybe from my SPACTACULAR, AMAZING, OUT OF THIS WORLD homemade fertilizer. ha.

On another note, I popped 2 more of the Northern Lights seeds I had. This time I germinated using the papertowel method. I got 2 solo cups and drilled 4 holes in the bottom of them. And guess what ya'll? I only almost lost ONE finger...haha. Seriously took me like 30 min. Idk how you men know how to operate all of that complex machinery. Filled them up with the soil I have (that I posted earlier in this thread) stuck them in there, covered them up, LIGHTLY watered, said a prayer, and placed them in the tent with the others. Is this okay to do? I'm not sure if you can do that with the LED's or not. It was really nice and cool in my tent, I think the fan has helped a bunch! It felt humid-ish but nothing too bad. I know this is only my opinion I plan on getting a hydrometer in the near future I just haven't been to town and live about 45 min away from the closest... anything lol. I have 2 more seeds germinating of the Purple Cream strain but no luck yet....

I solemnly swear to keep these seedlings inside and avoid over heating at all costs. In a weird way this group reminds me of girl scouts... or wait, boy scouts? I was never in boy scouts but i'd think it would be similar to girl scouts? Idk, but I feel like I owe it to you guys at all costs to be honest about my pitiful plants. I really just wanna be cool and be like "oh, yeah plants are great yeahhhh" but .... sigh..... yeah there not.

Anyways, gotta go fix my hair...hot date tonight whattttttttt

I'll post pics later.

not of my hair of course... just the plants ;)
Patience my friend. They won't grow overnight but if they're still green then you have a great chance at success. Remember it's a weed and you really don't need to go overboard examining every little thing. Take our knowledge with a grain of salt because only YOU control your plants. They're still growing just like the knowledge you receive here. Good luck girl, you got this.

Back
Top Bottom