Slower Grower Of Northern Lights

I'm a first time grower, so I'm not the one to ask about what's best. Generally, if you want to go organic, bone meal is normally used for phosphorus. Used coffee grounds are great for nitrogen, and won't burn the plants - also tend to be acidic. You banana peel looks like a good addition for potassium. The wood ash can work for potassium, but rinse with water a couple times first to get the lye out. Be very careful and use gloves.

Well howdy to my fellow Texan! . thanks for the info!

There's also Dyna Gro Foliage Pro and bloom. Just two bottles, so it's pretty basic. One you use in veg and the other for bloom. I use it on my outdoor garden and it works great. I also used it on my first grow.

Butttttttt what did you think about . one ?
If yer looking to grow "outside the box" I say go for it...

But I'd get a know reputable nute, makes it so much easier if you need help with strengths or issues that arise, because they will, lol

Haha. It seems legit. But the amounts listed doesn't seem like enough to last long. It says enough for 16 gals of soil though. I'm not an organics guy so my knowledge is a bit limited especially with the list of ingredients that's in it.

If yer looking to grow "outside the box" I say go for it...

But I'd get a know reputable nute, makes it so much easier if you need help with strengths or issues that arise, because they will, lol

I've been so completely overwhelmed this afternoon with the pressure of this decision. I'm pretty frustrated and debating if I should even continue with this grow or just start a new one later on when I'm more equipped. I certainly feel like I'm more knowledgeable at this point, but far from being capable of making sound choices for the plants. Ya'll are some troopers for real! Hands down the hardest thing to grow, much respect for anyone who is able to harvest! if my anxiety is already getting the best of me over picking the right "nutes" I think I went down the wrong road. . anybody need a set up? .

Okay so I know I'm an emotional female y'all . but when I just got home I had a package in the mail from my friend that moved to Colorado. She just randomly sent me some seeds!!! Maybe it's a sign . Scorpio I was just asking you about seeds!
420-magazine-mobile577525277.jpg

I've been so completely overwhelmed this afternoon with the pressure of this decision. I'm pretty frustrated and debating if I should even continue with this grow or just start a new one later on when I'm more equipped. I certainly feel like I'm more knowledgeable at this point, but far from being capable of making sound choices for the plants. Ya'll are some troopers for real! Hands down the hardest thing to grow, much respect for anyone who is able to harvest! if my anxiety is already getting the best of me over picking the right "nutes" I think I went down the wrong road. . anybody need a set up? .

It's really not that difficult. Give it water, give it light, give it soil; it will grow.

Will it be the best plant it could be? Eh.

Will it be a fantastic harvest? Eh.

Will you learn? Most definitely so.

Remember most people on here are trying to maximize the bud for the space and other limitations they have; that's why it gets all science-y.

With some good soil, good light, and water, you will have plants. You will have better plants if you can supplement their growth with some nutrients, but with good soil you shouldn't have to go too crazy.

One advantage of supplemental feeding is that you are providing easily accessible nutrients to a plant that is very fast growing. In a perfect world, those nutrients are unlocked by bacteria, fungus, and yeasts in the soil. Growing under artificial lights in a tent in a pot does not make a perfect system for a plant evolved to grow outside.

Don't stress. Lol

I'm a first time grower, so I'm not the one to ask about what's best. Generally, if you want to go organic, bone meal is normally used for phosphorus. Used coffee grounds are great for nitrogen, and won't burn the plants - also tend to be acidic. You banana peel looks like a good addition for potassium. The wood ash can work for potassium, but rinse with water a couple times first to get the lye out. Be very careful and use gloves.

I may seem like a broken record in this thread, but big up on what BigBearNTexas said. Coffee grounds are effective, but should be three times filtered or mellowed because it's too acidic. High pH problems in the medium manifests itself through nutrient lockout, the plants will seem like they are not getting nutes.

It's really not that difficult. Give it water, give it light, give it soil; it will grow.

Will it be the best plant it could be? Eh.

Will it be a fantastic harvest? Eh.

Will you learn? Most definitely so.

Remember most people on here are trying to maximize the bud for the space and other limitations they have; that's why it gets all science-y.

With some good soil, good light, and water, you will have plants. You will have better plants if you can supplement their growth with some nutrients, but with good soil you shouldn't have to go too crazy.

One advantage of supplemental feeding is that you are providing easily accessible nutrients to a plant that is very fast growing. In a perfect world, those nutrients are unlocked by bacteria, fungus, and yeasts in the soil. Growing under artificial lights in a tent in a pot does not make a perfect system for a plant evolved to grow outside.

Don't stress. Lol
Couldn't have said it better! If your really stressed about the nutes, just try some. If they work GREAT, if not try something else. That for me is the best part. I get to experiment with nutes, pH, light schedules, and end the end I get to smoke MY OWN CANNABIS!!!! Your girls will grow with out added nutes, they may not be the best but for a first try who's are? My first was this scraggly White Widow that I've barely gotten an once off of. But I learned SO much from the forums and actually growing that this time I'm going to knock it out of the park.

Relax and enjoy the grow, and then enjoy what you grew.

Back
Top Bottom