Slower Grower Of Northern Lights

If they were outside in the hot bright July sun they will be stunted for a while under your much less bright lights. Just keep feeding them that Espoma stuff (I use it) slowly and eventually they will all the sudden take off. They also make a "start" fertilizer that has more micronutrients you might want to get some of that and mix it in a little bit with the stuff you have.

...I would think about putting them in bigger pots...
P10505271.JPG
...that's 2 weeks in a 4 inch pot...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

If they were outside in the hot bright July sun they will be stunted for a while under your much less bright lights. Just keep feeding them that Espoma stuff (I use it) slowly and eventually they will all the sudden take off. They also make a "start" fertilizer that has more micronutrients you might want to get some of that and mix it in a little bit with the stuff you have.

Okay... mental note. Thank you sir!

Plant A looks ready to punch in to the reserves and do a growth spurt. B shows stunting but will follow through. Everything looks well in order, I'd suggest just observe and report, no feeding or watering: this is so that we could get a feel for the plants' needs. Yellowing of the cotyledons and first set of leaves up to the 2nd or 3rd note is natural, the succeeding nodes will manifest larger stamina through lack of nutrients, so discoloration from them would suggest a problem. Right now everything is A-OK.

Okay question:

When do you start counting days for your plants. Is it from the time the seed germinates, or when it pops out of the ground? Ex. My seed popped out of the soil today with 2 new leaves. Is this day 1 or...?

420-magazine-mobile1536707198.jpg

I'm super forgetful so I made this dilly to help me remember what I do and when I do it. I'm sure it could be much more complex and I plan to make a plant stat sheet but do you think it will work?

420-magazine-mobile1536707198.jpg

I'm super forgetful so I made this dilly to help me remember what I do and when I do it. I'm sure it could be much more complex and I plan to make a plant stat sheet but do you think it will work?
Great job, little purty for me..lol

I do charts too, helps me a lot.

I totally forgot to mention don't overdo the coffee grounds. Coffee grounds are coarse material and it kills aeration in your soil. Do the coffee grounds "no-till"/put them on top of soil, just a small amount to avoid pH problems. If you plan on mixing it in the soil for transplant, don't overdo it and compensate for it by adding material that will "lighten" your soil up like perlite, vermiculite, coconut shredding/husks or rice hulls. Coarse material added to soil like sand and ground coffee will make your soil heavy, and root growth will suffer.

Kelsey, I have one bag seed that sprouted about the same time as yours and is just as stunted. I also sprouted it in soil outside. I was thinking that sunlight would be good for it. Unfortunately I think the high heat made it grow slow (95-100F/35-38c). Once I brought it indoors into the air conditioning it seemed to do much better.

Kelsey, I have one bag seed that sprouted about the same time as yours and is just as stunted. I also sprouted it in soil outside. I was thinking that sunlight would be good for it. Unfortunately I think the high heat made it grow slow (95-100F/35-38c). Once I brought it indoors into the air conditioning it seemed to do much better.

Thanks for chiming in! Helps me feel a little bit better I'm not the only one in the world who has ever slowed their plants down. How are yours doing now?

I totally forgot to mention don't overdo the coffee grounds. Coffee grounds are coarse material and it kills aeration in your soil. Do the coffee grounds "no-till"/put them on top of soil, just a small amount to avoid pH problems. If you plan on mixing it in the soil for transplant, don't overdo it and compensate for it by adding material that will "lighten" your soil up like perlite, vermiculite, coconut shredding/husks or rice hulls. Coarse material added to soil like sand and ground coffee will make your soil heavy, and root growth will suffer.

Got it boss!!

Thanks for chiming in! Helps me feel a little bit better I'm not the only one in the world who has ever slowed their plants down. How are yours doing now?

It's just the one, and I'm on vacation until the 15th so who knows? Lol

It seems to start forming more leaves once I moved it indoors.

I've grew plants with kolas longer than 30inch been doing it years yet I've got 2 tiny ones compared to rest so don't blame u u don't know it was u could be any reason

Back
Top Bottom