Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 1 veg 1 germ
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Black gold seedling mix
If soil... What size pot? cup
Size of light? CFL
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? none yet.
Type and strength of ferts used? none yet, need advice on that.

Hello all, this is my first grow and it will be interesting. Let me start off by saying that they are growing at a friends house. I've had the seeds (NL from Nirvana) for a while now and i just now have gotten the opportunity to put them to use!

We (my friend and i) will be growing in a closet that we are devoting to the plants. We plan on cutting a hole to the outside to use as an exhaust system of sorts.. still unsure.

As for the plants, one seedling is doing fine, but my friend has been leaving it next to a window to get light and it has grown much too tall for my liking. (dumb move but we couldnt move into the closet due to the AC being broken.. now fixed)

I will update more tomorrow as we are setting up the room in the morning.. until then, if you could point me in the right direction on what types of nutes to use and if/when would be a good time to LST this pretty girl.

(i repeat, she has not been under cfl's yet.. just sunlight next to a windown, hence why she is so tall)

:thanks::Namaste:
180s
photo_1_1_18.JPG
photo_2_1_17.JPG

Re: 180South's First - Norther Lights

subscribed. I use General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used in hydroponics, soil and soiless mediums. you can see them in use in my grow journal for my LA Confidential in my signature. you can also see how I have my equipment set up.

https://generalhydroponics.com Flora series

So there was a change in the plan today. when i arrived this morning my friend informed me we would be using t8 lighting for the majority of this grow.. i was skeptical at first but it should work out just fine. If anyone has any experience with t8 lighting please drop a line. total noob with this.

we transplanted the first girl into a bigger pot and put her in some Fox Farm soil. We have 5 t8 fixtures with 2 bulbs in each. for a total of 10 lights. we have 6500k and i believe 4000k(dont quote me on that) for a broader spectrum of light. it's still looking sloppy right now but just so you can see what im talking about

photo_2_2_20.JPG

we also put the germinated seed into soil today and we're hoping for another fighter!
One last question: is this yellowing on the edge of these leaves because of a lack of Nitrogen? they are under her main fan leaves as you can see.

(sorry it's sideways)

nute3.jpg

photo_3_1_13.JPG

thanks in advance for your response
180s

today i decided it was time for some LST for the girl whom i am naming Pocahontas. i used some pipe cleaners and some paper binders for the job and i think it worked pretty well.
photo_1273.JPG

view from above
photo_3192.JPG

the other germinated seed had grown up and still had it's shell on when i was there.
photo_2235.JPG

then my buddy swung by just 6 hours later and he sent me these pictures showing the progress
photo_4150.JPG
photo_593.JPG

(no that plant is not touching the light. yes, we are beginners, but not idiots)
i believe the yellowing on the tips are still from being so root bound in the small cup before we transplanted her (3 days ago). KingJohnC diagnosed it as that and i can't think of any other reason.

we're going to be starting nutes in the near future but the plan is to let the little one grown up to match (as much as possible) Pocahontas.

any and all tips welcome:thanks:
180s

Subscribed.
You guys are off to a good start. Nice LST with the pipe cleaners. +reps.
Its always fun to see new and interesting ideas people come up with.
Are you going to Scrog her or just do the LST and let her grow?
Good luck with the grow.

:rollit;

Subscribed.
You guys are off to a good start. Nice LST with the pipe cleaners. +reps.
Its always fun to see new and interesting ideas people come up with.
Are you going to Scrog her or just do the LST and let her grow?
Good luck with the grow.

:rollit;

Glad you're along for the ride! The more, the merrier :thumb:
i'm happy you asked.. i'm going to try and LST the more developed plant as much as possible to keep her busy and short with hopes that the wee seedling will catch up, then, at that time I will attempt the SCROG.

:passitleft:

wow, i just had to scroll down to post this update and it is crazy the difference 3 weeks does. i've introduced nutes and i've been lst'ing the fuck out of the big girl so that the wee lass can catch up a little.

here is a week ago:
*i'm aiming to take the main stem and basically lst it so it will follow the pot's edge
IMG_33951.JPG
IMG_3399.JPG
IMG_33962.JPG

and this was yesterday:
IMG_34143.JPG

as you can see it's working pretty well!
IMG_34183.JPG
IMG_34161.JPG

so far so good!

a little bit of recap, pictures from last week:
photo_1306.JPG
photo_2260.JPG

Pocahontas has filled out very well and has A BUNCH of tops. the idea of wrapping the main stem around the pot went well(the main "top" didnt make it all the way around, but another top filled out the empty space pretty nicely).

Cinderella(the smaller one((our plants just so happened to be named in a disney theme.. not planned) is very full and i have LST'd it just once to keep it from out-growing her older sister.

so, the time has come to flower! we have changed out all of the lights to 3000k and the light cycle to 12/12.
we've also implemented the SCROG.. i feel as though we should raise it another 3-5 inches to give the plants room to grow.

photo_4163.JPG
photo_3209.JPG

All commentary is welcome!
cheers
180South

Looking great!! Really nice job with the LST.
Don't raise the scrog net, when your plant starts to grow up and through the net pull it back down and move it or weave it through the screen a square or two to LST it more across the net. Space it out nice and even (as even as possible) so the canopy stays nice and level with tons of tops.
Keep up the good work. ;)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom