FirstGrow - Miss Northern Lights

Thanks for the info GMan, My local garden centre dont stock coco :( i was looking the other day since i checked your grow, Thank you for your wisdom as usual and rocking along on my journey of my grow :)

Ill remember what you have told me about the roots from now on, Least ill know when i next do a repot not to be scared of even touching a root lol

I took 2 pics for you, Check the great white shark, seriously its loving the pro grow!!!

IMAG00508.JPG

IMAG00497.JPG

Speak to you soon buddy, and thanks again <3

Hey G,

Let me rack your brains again, So ive repotted the ww a couple of days ago how long does it normally take for it to start growing again? She doesnt seem to be doing much, Isnt dying, No discoloured leafs, Just seems like its stopped lol

If the compacted soil broke up, it should start growing immediately. None of this "transplant shock." That's bullshit. Whenever I transplant, the gals perk up immediately and put out a growth spurt.

I'm guessing the soil is still compacted around the roots. You can either flush with lots of water to try to break up the logjam of crappy soil around the roots, or go whole hog and repot the plant. Personally, I'd go with the repotting. I never want to see crappy soil again!

If you do this, put lots of newspapers on the floor or the bottom of a bathtub and upend the plant. You can reuse the good soil (GroMIx, isn't it?) that's around the plant if you want to economize. Shake off the old soil or rinse the roots in cool water until the old soil is mostly gone.

Then transplant into the same pot. Dangle the plant over the pot as you add the soil so that the roots don't get compacted.

Fertilize immediately after the transplant with your regular nutrient formula.

I emptied the pot, Broke up all the soil around the root structure and untangeled them until it looked like some spaghetti, However i planted it a bit to low in the pot and some of the leafs are basically touching the dirt... What would happen to the plant if the roots became compacted? Root bound?

I flushed it 3 times its volume to btw

Sorry G-Man,

I just looked again its sitting at 85 Fahrenheit :p... Blonde moments are always good

Guiness is actually irish, Not many of us get to excited about the Guiness, Tennents is the scottish beer ---> Tennent's Lager lol

Sambucca seems another choice, Its great if you want to black out and wake up next to a farm animal ooaaarrrrr

Nice work on the girlz. :welldone: I think 85 is a little high try around 75-80 and your leaf curl might go away.

However i planted it a bit to low in the pot and some of the leafs are basically touching the dirt... What would happen to the plant if the roots became compacted? Root bound?

The roots will grow everywhere, so don't worry about it. The leaves touching the soil will die soon. Whatever is below the surface will become roots. The pot will fill up top to bottom with roots.

These ladies are always root bound. Everytime I transplant, the roots are wound around the pot at least three times.

Did you fertilize the plant after you flushed it?

It should start showing signs of new growth pretty soon.

New growth is looking good g-man, I however dont have a camera now as its broken... So no more pics for a while :(

Hence me not updating in a few days boooo

:( :(

Yes she is looking very very healthy now, If it wasnt for your help she would still be sitting there in a huff with me for compacting her soil to much!!

Cupboard is getting crowded, plants are basically touching each other now lol

I had a q for you about the Botanicare pro grow, can you use it when the girls are flowering? :x

Thought I'd answer your question here.

You can use it - it won't hurt them. But plants in flower require more potassium and phosphorus, which the pro grow doesn't have.

They'll be fine for a while, but you should get something geared more toward flowering. If money's a problem, pick up a fertilizer that's good for tomatoes. Both cannabis and tomatoes are fruit (people think tomatoes are vegetables - they're not). And what sweeter fruit can you imagine than a fine marijuana bud, Bud?

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro: N-P-K = 3-2-4

Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice: N-P-K = 4-3-6

As you can see, they're not dramatically different, but the Iguana Juice has slightly more potassium and phosphorus.

I am so tired (and sore!).I've been trying to get back into shape and have started jogging again. I took a hot shower, had a couple of glasses of wine, a couple of bowls and I'm toast.

Check out my journal tomorrow. It'll be a good post!

White Widow sounds great. It usually takes 5 - 10 days to see signs of flowering. Sexual maturity is not an issue. You can flower a two-week-old plant if you like!

How long have they been in flower?

By the way, the veg nutrients you're using are probably OK for the entire flowering cycle. There's not as much phosphorus and potassium as in flower nutes, though. You could end up with a slight deficiency, but I doubt it. However, the size and number of buds will probably be lower as there is not as much P-K (from N-P-K) as these ladies would like.

If the White Shark has been in flower for two weeks and is showing no signs of flowering, that would be strange.

Well white widow had already started popping white hairs all over her bud sites, Flowering began monday, GWS same time but she didnt have any white hairs showing when being switched so im guessing they will come within 5-10 days as shes not long been flipped

They got vegg'ed for 6 weeks :Namaste:

Im still using pro grow, they still seem to like it, Ive got Bio-Bloom that im going to introduce them to slowly over time as its with every watering, hmmm

What you planning for your next crop buddy? :Namaste:

So im sure ggman of all people has been wanting to see how these girls are doing, The auto out of all of them seems to just want to keep growing upwards, Hopfully the gman can tell me how to help with this as im seriously going to run out of room for this baby shes towering over the GWS and the WW

So lets show some pics will we?! *hear's grant cheering away*

spaceohoo2.JPG

Great white shark on the left, Bio Diesel Automatic on the right, Shes reaching for the stars thats for sure

baba3f.JPG

White widow, Shes flowering yey :)

baba2.JPG

Great white beside the BIO Diesel... Some difference!!

baba1.JPG

And the bio on its own, Check the size of this baby! Cant get over it lol
spaceohoo.JPG

White widow on the left, Great White on the right

I've had to do this in my whitehouse (greenhouse) six footers, what i did was slowly bend them into s shaped with cotton rope, string. For your situation you could drill (or use tape) your pots to tie some string and bend them slowly downwards. Start slow, everyday pull some tension in. You'll be surprised how far you can bend these girlz. This will also allow more light to penetrate the lower bud sites.

Oh by the way, lookin real good dude!:goodjob: You must be getting the "grin" by now, eh!:peace:

Thanks for stopping by whitehouse, Know my grow isnt as insane as yours but cant complain for my second grow and the limited amount of space ive got!, I dont get what you mean by bending her though, im scottish remember bit slow on the uptaking lol... Im guessing lst'ing her into 1 week of flower is ok? So bend the top of her facing at a angle to create a s shape? and just keep putting tension on it every few days? sorry im a noob, need to forgive me :)

Yep got the grin on, Just a bit worried about this bio d getting a bit tall for my space, other than that very happy with my results!

:morenutes:

Sorry, sometimes i can be the confusing one! Anyway the s shape was just an example, for you not practical. It's obviously too late to do a true lst, but you can bend her over! Tie it high on the plant and then slowly bend to 90 deg, well maybe not that much but you might be able to get to that point. Hope that makes sense?

But seriously GO SLOW! I don't want to hear you say something snapped. I Would feel terrible. :goodluck:

Yeah i'm a frenchy! lol

Hey V-Man,

"Bending her over" isn't what you think it means. It's a way of training your plant so that it will not get too high. It's similar to training peas on a trellis.

Since you asked so nicely, here's a preview of

My Next Crop

NewCrop.jpg

There's Big Clone, which a clone of Big Sister and she lives up to her name. She was lots bigger before I trimmed her top off to make another clone.

Big Clone

BigClone11.jpg

Since she's already at the upper limit for my space, I using training to keep her height down. Here's a couple of pictures:

Training #1

TrainingA.jpg

Training #2

TrainingB.jpg

What I've done is put garden canes (you can pick them up at a garden centre or steal a couple of billiard cues from your local pub) into the pot and used string (dental floss actually) to tie the cola over to the side. It's hard to see in the picture because the dental floss is green. Hopefully, the red outlines will help you to see what I mean.

If you plant is already too big, you can use this, too. When you tie the plant to the canes (or you could drill a hole into the rim of the pot as Maison Blanche suggested), don't pull too tight, or you will snap the stem. If you want the stem to go lower, just increase the tension day by day and you can bend the stem as far as you like.

If you plant is just at the upper limit, which I think yours is (so's mine), just tie the stem so that it is almost horizontal. As it continues to grow, it will grow sideways. The top of the cola will stll try to grow upwards, so you may have to adjust your strings or add some new ones. The plants in my third grow were so large and I had so many strings tieing the colas down, that my grow room looked like a bondage dungeon.

Whitehouse's comments were correct, V-Man. He just didn't know that you have to hit a Scot over the head with a board first to get his attention!

P. S. Someone I talked to recently said she had been served a "Cup of Kindness" at a wake. It turned out to be hot tea and Glayva. She said it was "lovely." Is this something they do in Scotland?

Back
Top Bottom