Small 250 Watt Grow Please Help a Newbie

iv got the room in there its 3ft wide 3 ft deep and almost 6ft tall iv left the top open and finished it. But do u think my 250 watt can cover that much area?? Man i really dont like the ballest being connected :( Its on the left part of the light it kinda makes it a little diffacult to get the plants spread apart far enough. Im sure the higher the light the more spead out the light will be but im not sure how far away i can have my light with out causing stretching??????

A 250w will cover up to 3' X 3', so you should be OK. At 12-16" from the canopy, you should still get pretty good spread.

If you get stretching, you know you're OK to drop it down closer. It doesn't happen so suddenly that you won't have time to adjust things.

ok i changed how i was set up i have them setting on a board on the floor now with the light around 14 inches away, we'll see how they react to that. Ill be goin here in a few to get new containers. Worse comes to worse i can always get rid of the less healthy ones which they all are very heathly lol but i only need 2 or 4 of em so i dont think it'd b a big deal to lose a few for space purpuses.

Thanks alot charlie mopps :) I enjoyed makin it. I wanted my babies to have a proper home. And i hope it goes well 2. I dont think ill run into any problems they've been through worse with there first transplant and they hardly skipped a beat, This one should b no problem

all_closed_up.jpg

This is the finished product all sealed up
from_the_top.jpg

And this is lookin down into the tent

One thing you want to be sure of is that you don't have any light leaks in your tent because light getting in there will mess up your flowering.

Best way to check, if the tent is big enough, is to get inside, zip it all up, and see if you can spot any light coming in.

If the fluoros above the tent are just there to light up the room, I'd place them farther away to reduce any chance of light coming through into the tent.

they are there to light up the room but the room isnt being used for anything else. Its in a cellar so when i turn off the light they are completly out. The florecents will go out with the hps on the timer. Right now they are on 24 hours. The tent isnt light tight by any means but it works when theres no light to get in :)

iv got all the pots and some new soil today. I was only going to transplant 16 but when i got down there with the pots i seen that iv got the room to transplant all 20. Gotta go back n get 4 more pots.
Oh n setting sun... Iv heard that if my plants were to get light during there dark period they can develop seeds without a male???? Is this true????? Just a question id like to know if its a myth or not :)

No, it's not a myth.

Most female plants, to some degree, have the ability to produce male flowers and pollinate themselves in response to stress.

Light stress is one of the stressors that can make a female plant produce male flowers.

Keeping a female alive past the normal harvest date can also.

There are also plants that are true hermaphrodites and will produce both male and female flowers without any stress also.

Glad you've got enough room to transplant all of them!

Thank you :) Iv started to notice that there is like two different looking plants. I wonder if that indicates sex in this strain????? These are bag seed so i know nothing about this strain. Not sure if my guesses are right or if this is a completely different thing goin on with them????????????????????????????????

Back
Top Bottom