First Grow - Hawgs Kush- Information Appreciated

update 1.23.10 (day 76 flower)

the news we've all been waiting for....drum roll please:tommy:... well i cut 2 of the smaller plants down. the trichomes were milky mostly . i only cut 2 so i can see the difference in the highs and so my mom has a choice. the total weight weight branches included(as seen in pics) is 387.6 grams...or 13.8 ounces and thats only those 2, which i know the branches are part of the weight but their not huge thick branches but nonetheless even if only 20 percent of that is the dry weight ill still come out with like 2 zips!!! im hella juiced... imma let the other 2 go about a week while these ones are drying. ill put em in jars to cure after that to get the best buds i can get.:slide:.... I DO HAVE 1 QUESTION!!!... do i just put the small buds that wont hang up in a paper bag to dry?thats what i did so hopefully thats cool.... well heres a few pics.........
IMG_0177_1_1.jpg

IMG_0183_1_.jpg

IMG_0184_1_.jpg

IMG_0185_1_.jpg

IMG_0186_1_.jpg

Nice haul there Zills! :cheer:

The little buds will dry pretty fast in a bag. You could double or triple the bag to slow the drying. Or let them dry so they have a little moisture in them and burp them in a jar over a few days to slow dry them. Don't let them get moldy now. lol

+Reps to add to your good day!

:peace:

Nice haul there Zills! :cheer:

The little buds will dry pretty fast in a bag. You could double or triple the bag to slow the drying. Or let them dry so they have a little moisture in them and burp them in a jar over a few days to slow dry them. Don't let them get moldy now. lol

+Reps to add to your good day!

sounds like a plan ill just jar em after a couple of days.. thanks LabRat for the info and the +rep

My mouth is watering. You crop looks really good. :cheer::rollit:

I've got to figure out soon how and where to dry mine. Is it supposed to be dark when drying? Til what point do you dry till and then start curing.

Very nice look haul. Those buds look amazing. Great job.. Enjoy those buds, you earned it for sure...+ rep

Ahh Hell YEAAAAAAA!!!! Fat Harvest brother!!! Serious lookin nugs there. Get that cure perfect and your in heaven my friend!!! How was the trim session? Hands all sticky icky?? Well done, can't wait to see the rest. +reps if I can.

L8ER

hey guys i have another question that I need answered by someone with drying and curing experience...I had my plants hanging drying for like 4 days and due to unforseen problems i had to take them out of their drying spot. they felt dry but the stems didnt really snap in half like people say to let dry first. i put them in jars and was wondering if that will ruin my crop by curing them that soon? or should i put them in a paperbag in a drawer for a few days more then jar them up?

the weight when i re-weighed em was 86.3 grams down from 387.6(stem included, as seen in pics from previous post)... i figured that was alot of the water weight gone. i just dont wanna mess this up so some feed back would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks to everyone also that saw the half of my harvest and commented:thanks: sonzor,grooster,bass bong, and cocojoe!!! i appreciate you guys following me all the way thru

hey guys i have another question that I need answered by someone with drying and curing experience...I had my plants hanging drying for like 4 days and due to unforseen problems i had to take them out of their drying spot. they felt dry but the stems didnt really snap in half like people say to let dry first. i put them in jars and was wondering if that will ruin my crop by curing them that soon? or should i put them in a paperbag in a drawer for a few days more then jar them up?

the weight when i re-weighed em was 86.3 grams down from 387.6(stem included, as seen in pics from previous post)... i figured that was alot of the water weight gone. i just dont wanna mess this up so some feed back would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks to everyone also that saw the half of my harvest and commented:thanks: sonzor,grooster,bass bong, and cocojoe!!! i appreciate you guys following me all the way thru

Crop looks great! You should be fine with the dry/cure thing. Just make sure to burp them a few times a day at first and give them a smell. Also, if you want to continue the process of drying, just go to any grocery store and get some paper bags. They're free. Put the buds loosely in there. Like only one good layer across the bottom of each bag. Then roll the top closed leaving some air in there. Cool dry place. Good dry. The cure is the important part. That should be in the jar in the dark. Mold is the enemy. Frequent burps and a good nose and you'll be fine.

edit: I just saw the numbers you posted for the weights. That's more than 20% wet still so I would def use the bags in the drawer first.
+Reps for the harvest!

Hey Zills.

The way I calculate my dry weight when freshly trimmed is Wet Wt. x 0.235 which = 91.1g. So you'er under that. You want a little bit of moisture in the buds for curing in the jar. Once the bud is bone dry it won't cure anymore. If you have somewhere cool to store them while burping the mold has a harder time to get going at lower temps. Just keep your nose busy for the first few days and leave the jars open for a while or even dump the pot out if they seem too moist yet. I just take the lid off and wave the open jar in the air to freshen the air without disturbing the bud.

Enjoy! :bong:

update 2.23.10

the final weight was.........drum roll please..........:tommy:..
5oz 8 grams pretty good smoke too and crystly as hell... i figured that was a good outcome for a first timer with a 250 watt light... the molasses helped with flavor. my mom says its sweet going down... so i guess this is it for this journal. ill be starting a new grow soon

Re: update 2.23.10

the final weight was.........drum roll please..........:tommy:..
5oz 8 grams pretty good smoke too and crystly as hell... i figured that was a good outcome for a first timer with a 250 watt light... the molasses helped with flavor. my mom says its sweet going down... so i guess this is it for this journal. ill be starting a new grow soon

How many plants did you harvest for that weight? And when are you starting your next journal.:goodluck:

zills ..., i give you a commendable hand for helping your mom the world needs more " family advocates " , your plants look healthy i have used the super thrive with my fox farm soil after they got past the first two weeks ( didnt help ) it says you can use it in your water applications ... personaly i stopped using it and my girls are big
mine_1_017.JPG
:yahoo:

that has to be some of the greenest looking plants I've seen... is that really just using fox farm soil (what kind) and super thrive?

Back
Top Bottom