Troublesome's 250 Watt Cellar Grow First Timer

Troublesome

Hello to all. This is my first grow and im in my 4th week from seed. I started with bag seed and planted 20 seeds in 4 pots... big mistake i know. Iv moved along since then. Iv built a tent and transplanted twice. My plans are a scrog grow. Iv got the 20 going and there all very healthy. Ill post pics to show where im at. Iv posted in other forums from here but im not gettin the responses i need. I NEED HELP LOL. I am only keeping 5 females one for a mommy. If alls good im goin to throw into 12/12 soon to find males and then throw it back to its 24 hour lighting after i pull the fellas n get to fillin my screen which isnt built yet but will be soon. I am on a very tight budget but can spend when neccesary. IV PUT WQAY MORE INTO THIS THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD BE ABLE TO. WAY WAY WORTH IT IN THE END IM SURE. I dont have any measurng tools to test ph or like humidity n stuff like that im not sure the temp in there either but its not oo hot n not too cold. Im growing in a cellar thats cool anyways.
Iv recently aquired two cabinets on small and one big. One will be for clones and seedlings and the other for mommy.
If theres anything iv missed please ask. Im very much obbsesed with my plants and they gets tons of TLC. Im just a newbie lookin for some direction.
NOW FOR THE PICS :)

Re: Troublesome.'s 250 watt cellar grow first timer

all_closed_up.jpg

5342.jpg

2679.jpg

6in.jpg

6inches.jpg

Japan freak- Ya i know ill only be keepin 5 of the females from the bunch so im startin em on 12/12 tonight, light goes out at 6am. I will be flowering them until the males show themselves, take the fellas out then ima throw it back into a 24hour light cycle.
Iv got a large metal cabinet for the mommy i pick out then iv got a smaller metal cabinet for seedlings and clones. There not set up yet but there there waitin :)
Trust me iv made a few mistakes this go round but its my first time and i wont make em again... like planting 5 seeds in one small bucket, i dont have the pics on this thread but check out the link in my sig and youll see. Id like to not have to transplant at all on my next grow for sure i think theyll be healthier that way

I went down tonight and was surprised at how much they had grown :) No signs of stress or any health problems, so far. Sorry no pics tonight im tired and gotta get up early for work in the mornin :( Well any ways i noticed that there is now side branching, so tomorrow night i think im going to do a little LSTing. I fed them a little, not a whole feeding, but they were a little dry for my liking, fealt dry past my first knuckle. Still no males but i know that'll probably take at least two weeks. But im still going to check every day :) better safe than sorry.

ok its been a couple days now and iv started the LSTing. I didnt do them all for the simple fact tha i have 7 that im thinking are males by how they look and by there growth pattern. I moved them to the back of my tent and stressed the rest :) Still no feedback execpt for Japan freak???? Maybe i posted wrong or something?????
Oh well i like keeping this lil grow journal going anyways because nobody knows about this grow so i have no one to talk to about it. But heres some pics for the ones that just like to look at pics :)

High Troublesome, welcome to the party. I'll offer some advice based on what I would do. Let them run without messing with them. No screen, no LST, no supercrop, no FIM. You may end with half fems, which is a good number for a SOG with your light. They're bagseed, right?
Soon they will show, and then you can transplant the girls and cull the boys. Neither you nor I can guess sex till they show balls or hairs.
In eight weeks you may roll your own ;)
+Rep for luck

If you have much space/light/time but a draconian legal plant count limit, long veg/scrog/LST/FIM ect are compensators. Eight or ten 18" plants will crowd your light available with no heroics. 10 to 20g X 8 or 10 plants is it. You will only buy trouble looking for more with this first grow. KISS it, and gain experience plus better buds than the bagfull your seed came with. I want you to do well, believe me. Walk don't run, there are many pitfalls to avoid.
My present flowering girls will finish very short.
I use an advanced configuration but I've grown as I advise you to do. Take a look: Gators Cage

Hey trouble looking pretty good! :ganjamon: What kind of nutes are you using? Are you using anything else along with them?

You obviously have done your research... Most people won't try anything on their first grow but I don't see why you shouldn't.

I would get a thermometer and pH/TDS meter. They are good things to have!

The girls look healthy keep it up broda! :ganjamon::ganjamon:

Mr. Cheefa- I am using General Hydroponics nutrients, and no nothing else. Im am def. looking into getting a ph meter and thermometer within the next couple of days, didnt know is was such a useful tool or id already have one. And yes i have done tons and tons and tons of research lol This is the most amazing thing to watch these plants grow. I get more and more excited everyday, not just for the end result but to see what my future in growing holds. Iv always wanted to do this and now i get the chance :) So I very much want to do it right ;)

Propa Gator- Wow man thats more than i figured id get out of this grow. But i hadnt figured in the fact that im not doing the scrog grow anymore and i flowered them short. I didnt really find bending the plants too difficult and i can see where it is going to be pretty effective already. Im not going to do anything too drastic this time around.
And thats a bad ass cage. I read through some of your journal and thats good shit man and im greatfull to have u tagging along :)

No matter what you see, what you read, or whatever good great or lousey advice you recieve; your own experience will be more significant to you.
You will learn to grow well by growing. Even a Troublesome grow can't be all bad, eh?

^^^ What he said!

Nice I'm working with the General Hydroponics nutes also. I also use superthrive when they're pretty small and then I switch to Green Fuse growth stimulator. It seems to be working out pretty well. There always seems to be more stuff you can buy...

Hey I couldn't find it or I missed it, what kind of lighting do you have in there?

It's gonna be tough cutting some of the beauties down... They all look so healthy... Keep it up! :ganjamon::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom