Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

Those spots look worrysome, you checked if you see any bugs crawling about ?

DONT THEY LOOK LIKE BUG BITES, nop only lady bugs, iv watched my plants for over an hour here and there just enjoying there company and no bugs, on top of that if there were bugs they would be dead, the lady bugs would eat them..... lady bugs dont eat plants so i dont suspect them but as a percation iv removed them from the box
it started with just one i found in the bx but i collected 4 or 5 of them and put them in there, plus baby started these spots before they were in the box and has continued to spot, nothings really changing it doesn't look any worse but its doesn't look much better ether????

Maybe some of that time released gave you some nute burn?

no they were in seed starter soil and this started to happen so i replanted in to the big buckets, just in case this gets bad im not risking stressing the plant later in a worse stage rather then now wile still ok.. the seed starter has no time release nutes and is rated at like 0.# in NPK values....

SIGH... i have no idea honestly,...

the only viable suggestions would be,1) light burn, but the lights are not that close and it would affect all three of them, yet princess has none, 2) calcium deficiency, but again princess is not affected this one could be debatable tho, or 3) a ph problem but my ph is clearly under 7 about 6.5.................

the only thing i can come up with my self is water spots from foil feeding... maybe the lights reflected in the water making hot spots?!?!?!? is that even possible???

WHERE ARE THE WEED DOCTORS????

p.s. thank you for the kind words and again for the reps!

Hey Sup Linklorien I just caught up with the grow. I dig your room setup and love the babies. I don't really know what to tell you about the spots...I am a n00b grower. Hope you get it figured out quickly there are plenty of resources here, just search some keywords 'spots on leaves' etc, I have been able to find pretty much any topic of interest at least discussed. Chances are someone has encountered this issue plenty of times. Good luck bro I will be watching the grow and I am rooting for you!

no they were in seed starter soil and this started to happen so i replanted in to the big buckets, just in case this gets bad im not risking stressing the plant later in a worse stage rather then now wile still ok.. the seed starter has no time release nutes and is rated at like 0.# in NPK values....

SIGH... i have no idea honestly,...

the only viable suggestions would be,1) light burn, but the lights are not that close and it would affect all three of them, yet princess has none, 2) calcium deficiency, but again princess is not affected this one could be debatable tho, or 3) a ph problem but my ph is clearly under 7 about 6.5.................

the only thing i can come up with my self is water spots from foil feeding... maybe the lights reflected in the water making hot spots?!?!?!? is that even possible???

WHERE ARE THE WEED DOCTORS????

p.s. thank you for the kind words and again for the reps!

Hey Link. If you've been foliar feeding and/or misting, and then letting the plants sit under the light, then I'm guessing the spots may be little burns, just like you guessed. I burned my plants like this when they were in veg, only it was much worse because I had the lights a bit too close. I am practically certain it was the misting that did it too and it affected both upper and lower leaves. Wherever a particular-sized water droplet formed (i'm guessing) there later appeared a little yellow burn, lots of them, some of which turned brown. The plants recovered just fine, though, and rewarded me kindly anyway. Your plants are looking awesome, my friend!

Hey Sup Linklorien I just caught up with the grow. I dig your room setup and love the babies.

whats up man thanks for coming in, and im glad you like the room i put some thought in to it and so far so good.
i love when you make an erffort and things go the way you hoped, now lets just hope i get a nice yeild!!!

Hey Link. If you've been foliar feeding and/or misting, and then letting the plants sit under the light, then I'm guessing the spots may be little burns, just like you guessed. I burned my plants like this when they were in veg, only it was much worse because I had the lights a bit too close. I am practically certain it was the misting that did it too and it affected both upper and lower leaves. Wherever a particular-sized water droplet formed (i'm guessing) there later appeared a little yellow burn, lots of them, some of which turned brown. The plants recovered just fine, though, and rewarded me kindly anyway. Your plants are looking awesome, my friend!

gangalicious again you are f***ing great, if you had this happen it must be it, like i said its not getting worse, and guess what i haven't been watering them or misting the leaves!!!!! so im going to stick to soil water only for the next 2 weeks to confirm that! if nothing happens we have diagnosed the problem, gata love team work!
as always thank you, im really walking the path you paved, awesome work.

. . . if you had this happen it must be it, like i said its not getting worse, and guess what i haven't been watering them or misting the leaves!!!!! so im going to stick to soil water only for the next 2 weeks to confirm that! if nothing happens we have diagnosed the problem, gata love team work! as always thank you, im really walking the path you paved, awesome work.

I'm still spritzing my clones and my plant in veg because the humidity has been low, but I don't put the plants back under the lights until the water (or sometimes I use a dilute kelp solution) has been completely absorbed by the plant. Also, for this second grow, I'm keeping the plants a little further from the CFLs - more like ~ 3-6 inches from the canopy rather than 2-4 inches. No more burn spots or yellowing; the plants are much greener this time around. The burns did resemble a nutrient deficiency though; looked a lot like some of the pictures I've seen of nitrogen or magnesium deficiency, I think. They were burns tho.

Also, I've read that a fan blowing directly on the plants can increase the rate of water evaporation from the foliage, so I'd be careful if your box humidity is really low. Also, what kind of water did you say you were using and how are you draining those buckets?

I must say, the plants are looking great, especially Princess! I feel very confident that ur ladies have the potential to turn out even better than my plants, since you've got a much better handle on the environmental conditions, especially the temps.

It's good news for CFL growers, let me tell ya! Believe me when I tell you that my CFL-grown buds are not as "light and airy" like so many folks would have predicted (including me), and the the potency is stellar. Super sticky and waaay more dense than anyone would have predicted so, yes, I'm very excited for you. :popcorn:

Hey bro just caught up with everything the babies look real purdy. Water spots the babies will be o tay grow well bro

what kind of water did you say you were using and how are you draining those buckets?

as always gangalicious thanks for the kind words!

right now im using wally world gallons of distilled water and the bottom of the buckets have 9 half inch holes drilled in the bottom

Untitled55.jpg

they have different levels the way they wer molded so i figured a good amount would let the water out any witch way it goes, i also added a big bag of perilite to my bag of soil to increase drainage because im using the moisture control mix wish is in my opinion is worse then regular MG soil....

i just found a store one hour away from my house witch has all the FOX FARM suplies i need AND IN STOCK, so when i get christmas money (hopefully) im going to take a day trip.
i want my clones to have what there mother didn't growing up, lol (the dream of every parent!!!)

sorry im just throwing this in hear, i just smoked some good herb, i haven't smoked in about 2 weeks now but i was able to get a small something.
im the guy who most of the time is just like.. (i don't care just cheap weed)
but all that was available was expensive stuff, which i just go to someone els ALWAYS
but its Christmas and now very merry one lol im feelong very nice
im naming this feeling (eyes wide high)
my head feels cloudy and loose, my arms and wrists feel light, my body feels dense, and my legs are bricks but my eyes feel absolutely fine if that make any sense...

no this is not a trick, no this is not a small lighter it is a normal bic, yes this is that frigen big,

this is for any one who wants to know how big you can get with cfl

this is for my flowering 65watts 2700k and 3900 lumen!!!!!!

IMG_16503.JPG

ITS BIGGER THEN MY HAND

Bet you end up with at least one more of those...:grinjoint:

I, ummmm, ended up with 8 42watt 2700k bulbs with clamp lamps so I can adjust for best overall light, and a 150 watt HPS.....things just happen.

They look great btw, glad you found the source of your spots. :peace:

Bet you end up with at least one more of those...:grinjoint:
. :peace:

actually...... your right... i got 2.... :grinjoint: nice guess, AND 4 - 24" florescent grow tubes for the walls!!..... LET THERE BE LIGHT!!! so i dont know what my light watts lumens and crap is going to be as of this moment, but im going to adjust it all over the next few days and see what happens, will update asap

it will be bright!

Back
Top Bottom