Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

Looks good to me..I use cfl's and I've had good luck, I also use Miracle Grow potting soil. I'm anxious to watch your grow since your the only grow on a real budget which is my story. I have a UFO for blooming and it rocks inspite of the bad reputation. I'm going to try and attach a pix....good luck on your grow and keep on posting.Now to try adding a pix.......nope can't do it, anyway this is my first grow but my buds are into the 7th week and they're beautiful.

i might be able to get this.... is it good, should i try, and why? or maybe any other fox farm product???????

Grow Big® Liquid Plant Food (6-4-4) for veg
and
Tiger Bloom® Liquid Plant Food (2-8-4) for flower

in Ocean Forest® Potting Soil

Anything by fox farm is great my plant in not even 3 weeks yet and and the main stem is thicker then a straw and about 10'' long if i did not "LST".

well... called the store that carry's FoxFarm and no...... they get there stock in march/april.... just my luck

so im useing the miracle grow
but i think im going to drown it in water before i do, to try and flush out some of thous time release nutes.... best i can do i guess.

monday will be 1 week from sprout i will post pics then!

well... called the store that carry's FoxFarm and no...... they get there stock in march/april.... just my luck

so im useing the miracle grow
but i think im going to drown it in water before i do, to try and flush out some of thous time release nutes.... best i can do i guess.

monday will be 1 week from sprout i will post pics then!
you don't have to "drown" it. I would imagine it would be easier to run water threw the soil sitting in the pot.

Do you have a Lowe's or Home Depot nearby? If so, look for Jungle Growth Premium Potting Mix. It's what I use and it works great. Try checking there before you try Miracle Grow.

Thanks bro ill check next time im out, that's what i needed a good local recommendation, my "Supplies" all came from lowes so far

:UPDATE:

OK SO ONE WEEK FROM SPROUT
this is the happy little familly all together, i listed wich ones are witch "i named them so according to how i feel they have come in to the world"

the family, by really looking at this picture you can see the difference in the size of the leaves and heights of each plant
IMG_16282.JPG

this is princess up close, her name is such because she came up first and stands very tall about 1/2inch or a lil more over the others her stem is very slender and her leaves are big and bright, so shes my princess
1princess.JPG

this one is Sprout, she came up shortly affter Princess did by a few hours, a very typical looking beginning i feel, so i named her as what she seems to be... a sprout lol
3sprout.JPG

the last one is baby.. this little miss came up just a bit after Sprout did by a few hours.. and came up very small "as all of them did.. again iv never seen such small sprouts before" but baby came up really small, on top of that it had a hard time shaking its seed shell so i gave it a bit of a hand peeling off the shell and later the shells skin as i noticed it was still on, and kinda choking the young cup leaves, so this one needed a little help coming in to the world and has remained smaller then the other two, hence my baby
2babby.JPG

so thats the end of week one, i keep misting water at the very base of the stems just enoghuf to moisten up the roots but not to water the pot, about once every other day i give the pots a good water to pramot deep root growth so far they seem to like what im doing still on 24hrs light, about 1 to 3 inches away from plants
i must say i feel very lucky ordering 3 seeds and all 3 seeds have come to this beautiful point, i love this stage, its a wonderful stage in there life when they look cute and helpless, it makes me feel proud to bring new plants up, tho i have never been to the point of harvest and can bet that i will have much more love for that point lol

ON TO WEEK 2

hi just had a quick flick thru your journal and all looks in hand.....on your watering i don t think imo it is a good idea...to moiston the soil and water......plants root systems strengthen when in search of water they thicken to obsorb moisture.....keeping the roots wet all the time will be real bad for your plants......water then when dry water again etc....hope this helps..........be lucky weedtastic

well i was trying to more so, mist them a bit. trying to make up for lost humidity, its running at about 22% right now and there just little sprouts so i figured it wouldn't hurt for the first week
but thanks for the tip i know like #1 mistake noobs make is over watering so ill watch out for that thanks bro

Thanks bro ill check next time im out, that's what i needed a good local recommendation, my "Supplies" all came from lowes so far

Everything in my grows came from Lowe's. I like it better than Home Depot or Walmart.

well i was trying to more so, mist them a bit. trying to make up for lost humidity, its running at about 22% right now and there just little sprouts so i figured it wouldn't hurt for the first week
but thanks for the tip i know like #1 mistake noobs make is over watering so ill watch out for that thanks bro

I was petrified of over-watering as well. In the end, I came up with a really simple watering schedule. On Sundays, the plants got plain water, and on Wednesdays they received nutrients.

i just checked on my little buddy's and siting under baby, is a lady bug.... LOL they seem to be around the house hear and there but i just thought it was cute its right at the base of the stem like its getting some shade or something

it must be good luck

Good omen Link........the ladybug. Anyway, I sent pix's of my UFO buds to a friend yesterday and he says mine are nicer than his...he has a HPS light and is hydro. As far as MG potting soil goes the only problem I had was over feeding the first 2 month....those MG nutes work. Also, keep the soil packed loosely............those roots need space. Yesterday I had to put some stakes in to hold up big colas....if you post your email, I'd send you pics. If I try to post a pix here it is too big??? I got my UFO on ebay...for $160.00. I have no regrets...I have added 2 cfls to shine on top buds but wonder if I really need them.Good luck and if I can have awesome buds with 3 white walls and a sheet curtain....anyone can. Keep the planet green

. . . still on 24hrs light, about 1 to 3 inches away from plants
ON TO WEEK 2

Hey Link, the babies are lookin' nice!

Be careful when the lights are that close though, especially for plants so young. When my plants grew to less than two inches from the CFLs, I started having problems. The upper leaves began turning a light green-yellow (literally looked bleached by the light) and a couple turned crispy-brown and I had to remove them. Just don't want you to have the same issues. The plants look great tho.

Hey Link, the babies are lookin' nice!

Be careful when the lights are that close though, especially for plants so young. When my plants grew to less than two inches from the CFLs, I started having problems. The upper leaves began turning a light green-yellow (literally looked bleached by the light) and a couple turned crispy-brown and I had to remove them. Just don't want you to have the same issues. The plants look great tho.

thanks for the tip bro, its funny i look in the box about every 2 hours or so and yesterday on baby i noticed some light greenish yellow spouting on the leaf like little freckles so small you wouldn't really notice unless observing very closely, my first thought was to close to the light, so i moved them under the middle of the light witch makes the bulb about 5 inches away watered and held my breath... today the spots are virtually gone..... now thats catching a mistake early!

awww look at da lil cuties... you're officially in business Link. its about to grow down! ;)

Go babies go :cheer:

Hey was wondering about white widow, I am thinking of possible candidates for my next grow and my provider says these can be hard to grow, does that mean they are like more sensitive to nutes or what?

Anyway :nicethread:

Go babies go :cheer:

Hey was wondering about white widow, I am thinking of possible candidates for my next grow and my provider says these can be hard to grow, does that mean they are like more sensitive to nutes or what?

Anyway :nicethread:

its funny you say that, i have herd they are hard grows as well, on the other hand i have heard they are very forgiving... so my honest up front answer is i have no idea, and good luck to what ever you chose LOL

Might try some snow white clones from my friend, hope they don't carry mites......aarrrrggggghhhhhh the stress of someone else's clone almost doesn't make it worth it.

I need to go :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom