Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

Hey Link, love your grow space. Also, I'm really interested in seeing how your lighting arrangement works out. Looks likes it's gonna work great though. I might do something like that for my second grow. Also, thanks for the heads up on the bathroom fans. I went to lowes and, yes, the 1.0 sone fan is practically silent and the 2.0 sone is still very quiet compared to the noise coming out of my box right now. Thanks and can't wait for the WW to arrive.

Any day now link! I hope ya get 'em soon too. I understand ya tho, when i place an order sometimes I check my mail box even after mail has already been delivered for the day lol

Hey Link, love your grow space. Also, I'm really interested in seeing how your lighting arrangement works out. Looks likes it's gonna work great though. I might do something like that for my second grow. Also, thanks for the heads up on the bathroom fans. I went to lowes and, yes, the 1.0 sone fan is practically silent and the 2.0 sone is still very quiet compared to the noise coming out of my box right now. Thanks and can't wait for the WW to arrive.

hey bro thanks for the complement on the lighting i thought it was a pretty good idea myself... my only concern as of now is im out of cash and my lights are all 6500K rather then 2700k and im going to flower with them so i dont know how the end result is going to look... i hear 2700k is best for flowering but... oh well everything is a learning experience right!!!!!

and the fans to me are so over looked.... they are cheaper then most inline fans and actually move a lot of air. plus are a lot more quite then people realize... so many people are used to there own bathroom fan being loud that they don't realize what levels of ZONES they can get and how quite they can actually be... im so glad i could help you out man all the luck to you bro

Any day now link! I hope ya get 'em soon too. I understand ya tho, when i place an order sometimes I check my mail box even after mail has already been delivered for the day lol

dude i know just what you mean... i went out clubbing tonight and got back 2am in the morning, and still checked the mail lol im hoping tomorrow or Monday ill get them, im getting so antsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really cant wait for this to get going it will feel so liberating to have some sweet ass bud virtually free... if any of you hard core smokers out there knew what was around hear swag wise you would pity this town... kind bud, hydro, haze.... its all a myth around hear.... i actually make fun of my GF and her friends all the time... im a big smoker i know whats good, i know what prices should be and when i gat friends coming over like (dude drow dude omg drow dude it was $100 a g dude omg dude) i just shake my head like man you got ripped off and that's all..... poor son of a bitch..... once i get my shit growing my GF will know the real deal!!!!! and i will have something no one els has ever experienced in this place.... WOOO HOOO cant wait

thank you all for sticking around to see how i do, and thank you so so so much for all of your friendly tips and advise you all make me feel so confident in this grow, and i know any problems or questions i have along the way i can count on the great members of 420 magazine to assist me.
i really feel as if there is no other place out there that offers such a wonderful community

thank you

my only concern as of now is im out of cash and my lights are all 6500K rather then 2700k and im going to flower with them so i dont know how the end result is going to look... i hear 2700k is best for flowering but... oh well everything is a learning experience right!!!!!

ok scratch that..... well, scratch it in half lol.. after righting that i decided to go and drop the absolute last dollar on this grow.. i got 6 CFL's at 2700k and actually more lumens then the daylight 6500k bulbs so i upped my lumens by a few hundred which is good+++, and now have the proper bulbs for flowering.... so now my end result is 6-2700k bulbs and 6-6500k bulbs iv heard its good to have a mix of them anyhow so i hope this is good... i figured im running so many bulbs as it is i really dont need to follow a more to less ratio so im a little more satisfied now

HAPPY DAYS HAVE COME AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its hear its hear my seeds have come

right off the bat i must say attitude is the best talk about discreet my package has no return address the outer packing is marked DVD value 7.99 i payed $40 talk about doing it right and exactly 7 days after they got my cash

BIG THANKS ATTITUDE

will post pics

HAPPY DAYS HAVE COME AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its hear its hear my seeds have come

Sweet! How are you planning on germinating them? Also, don't sweat the light color temps (2700K or 6500K). It's really a personal preference. Some growers think that the slightly red tint of the lower kelvin light temps mimic the amber hue of the autumn sun. Personally, I don't think it matters. I have 4 - 6500K, 2 - 5000K and 2 - 2700K in my box and my plants did great.

Get us some pics already! :grinjoint:

sorry iv been away had lots on my plate but no worry's im still go for action!!!

ok so this is what i got from attitude

it came with my 2 bagys inside one is 3 white widow seeds the other is one free hashplant haze seed i got just for ordering, im not going to grow that right now maybe later after some widow success

i had to photo shop the words on to the bags, my camera cant pick them out

IMG_16212.JPG

i germinated them on Saturday as soon as i got them it was about 1pm, i used coffee filters as we did not have paper towel in the house, i used 2 on a plate and soaked them, put my seeds on top of them and put 2 more soaked coffee filters on top of them, then i put the plate in a shopping bag in a warm dark area..
on sunday i found them at about 1pm (24hrs later) all cracked opend.. there was signs of tail coming out but i didn't want the lil root out in the open to long so i went right ahead and planted them, i used miracle grow seed starter and added a good dash or perilite, plus a pinch of rooting powder to the area i planted them, so that's all 3 germinated and planted

now i have them under the light on 24 hours waiting for them to poke there heads out in to this world so i can say hello

IMG_16242.JPG

and now its less then 48hrs and i have signs of life... you know when you get impatient and you just need to stair at the dirt for an hour or so hopping to see that first pop like Richerd Hammond from Jurassic park does with the raptor eggs... well that's me.. i scrapped away just a lil ity bity bit of dirt from the tops of were i dropped the seeds and sure enough there they are.. lil curled rooting stems waiting to just stand up any minuet out of the dirt and grasp the new light

wich brings me to now..my temp is at a flux between 76-81 and my humidity is low like 25% 30% wich sux so i covered the cups with plastic baggys to try and bring there internal humidity up.. im going to have to find a quick remedy for my humidity i want it at about 50% i believe and im not even close

thats it for now lets hope for some morning sprouts!!!!!!

LESS THEN 48HRS LATER LITTLE SPROUTS

i have 2 little sprout coming out of the ground and one little curled stem sticking up trying to get thous leafs up in the air

remember when i said iv planted before... i have.... a lot... never any success. but still, i have thrown a few dozen seeds in some dirt before this grow
and let me say this never in my hole life have i seen sprouts as tiny as these ones are i mean LITTLE like smaller then a pea.... smaller then that even... i just think its cool iv got a good strain for once and im seeing something very different from a bag seeds sproutling

IMG_16272.JPG

I NEED A HUMIDIFIER!!!

what are the effects of having lower humidity during veg? I've noticed my humidity is super low this time of year and my seedlings are still doing well. The soil dries out pretty fast, but as long as you keep on top of the watering, I haven't noticed any difference at this point.

OK 5pm just a little more then 48hrs after making it in to the dirt and all 3 seeds have become little sprouts, im misting them and keeping the soil moist until they stand tall and straight i really must say they are so small...
anyways i guess this is going to be the BIG wait period now.. i will update as it gos and hope for the best

iv taken this journal from box creation to sprouts and for all of you who have stopped by thank you for your time, dont go to far because we all know how much these little guys shoot up in just a couple of days.

OK 5pm just a little more then 48hrs after making it in to the dirt and all 3 seeds have become little sprouts, im misting them and keeping the soil moist until they stand tall and straight i really must say they are so small...

Hey Man,

Congrats ! :grinjoint:

Now, A few things.

What kind of Soil/Mix are you going to do final potting in ?

On the Humidifier,
In my opinion you don't need it.

30-40% would run your whole grow !

Most likely I will need a Dehumidifer in flowering.
You should feel blessed my friend !

Watch the water right now.
The spraying them is good but definitely not too much.

You can tell if you are over watering a lot of ways, but look for kind of hard slightly curling leaves.

I think that over watering is the biggest problem for most first time growers. Hell, I just had a row with it ! lol

Great Job, I'll be following along !
MJ420:peace:

What kind of Soil/Mix are you going to do final potting in ?

well, unfortunately i plan on using miracle grows regular potting mix... i have nothing available to me in this area, i looked at a few different stores and this time of year theirs simply nothing around.

and the humidity; i herd at very low numbers it can stress the plant?, and that 50% 60% was a good numberbut yes wile flowering lower numbers are desirabl?

well, unfortunately i plan on using miracle grows regular potting mix... i have nothing available to me in this area, i looked at a few different stores and this time of year theirs simply nothing around.

Man,
Sucks I know

If at all possible though,
Stay away from Miracle Grow.
(I'm saying that with experience in killing plants) haha

You should just break down ( I know it hurts ) and get some FFOF .
You can get all that you will need for a few grows in that box for under 50 dollars.

If you decide not to do that,
Then I would try to find a bare bone mix.
Try to find something with little to no nutrients.

Time released nutes ( Especially Miracle Grow ) are little balls of an overnute problem !

Let us know what you plan to do.

well i was starting to think, after reading about flushing and all, wouldn't i be able to FLUSH the miracle grow soil before i even put the plants in it... i mean if i dump the hole bag in to a tub of water and let it sit, then strain the dirt out, wouldn't i have destroyed most nutes or at least broken them down? i dont know if i want to go that rout without some advise, but it was a thought.

otherwise i have no option but to use it, i really cannot afford anything more for this grow, and believe me i have nothing in my area beyond this option short of digging up some fresh dirt outside, witch could lead to disaster just as well as miracle grow...

any thoughts?

I didn't notice if you got feminized White Widow or just regular ones.

And are you gonna pull clones?

BTW I really like your setup, pulling up a seat for this one. :popcorn:

I didn't notice if you got feminized White Widow or just regular ones.

And are you gonna pull clones?

BTW I really like your setup, pulling up a seat for this one. :popcorn:

yes i went with fem widows,

and yes i am going to "TRY" clones,

thanks for the comp on the box im hopping it all gos well, im reading all i can and really looking at my Mgrow soil has last resort so who knows

thanks for coming in!!!:grinjoint:

i might be able to get this.... is it good, should i try, and why? or maybe any other fox farm product???????

Grow Big® Liquid Plant Food (6-4-4) for veg
and
Tiger Bloom® Liquid Plant Food (2-8-4) for flower

in Ocean Forest® Potting Soil

Back
Top Bottom