Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

I think a temperature around 80-83 is acceptable, but in the 70's would be better. If you are making CO2 generators from 1 gallon jugs (a pound of sugar, 2 quarts warm water, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and a packet of dry activated yeast, do some google searching for them), then you can safely run the temps a little bit hotter. I've been giving my plants CO2 almost since day 1. I give the 2 1 gallon jugs a little shake just before the dark cycle begins to stir them up some to produce more CO2 while the fans are off.

Also, don't overwater, I've been giving my plants 16 ounces of PH'd RO water every 4 days and they seem to be doing well with that.

My grow topic here --->First Time Grower, 20 Plants!

i have a soil ph reader
thermometer and humidity meter
You can't fail this time. Those 3 things are all you need to keep everything in check & perfect.
EDIT: Ok I just read over your grow, seems like your doing a good job, though you could have saved money by doing a few things differently. About your ventilation, why do you need an intake? You could use both vents as exhaust & have 120CFM of venting. I don't see anything wrong with a passive intake, just hook up the fans w/ a Y pipe and your done. Well then again, I don't know how easy that would be since your using bath fans... what you could do is return the 70CFM you bought & buy 2 more 50CFM fans & use all 3 together for exhaust giving you 150CFM with out spending any more money. Also, if your looking for more reflective material consider an emergency blanket, also known as a space blanket. They're a few bucks at walmart & work well & don't create hotspots like foil.

well i just figured if i could force some cool air in it would keep the temps down low, but i was thinking the same once i saw how little a difference it seems to make, tho 120F to 84F is a good jump for 13 lights but i was shooting for 75F-80F

I just drew this up. If you go with a passive intake, the intake hole/pipe needs to be a larger diameter than the exhaust or your fans will work harder to pull the air threw & performance will dwindle. GAHH I've written a ton and keep erasing it cause I keep contradicting myself lol. I can't put my thoughts onto paper. Oh well I'll be happy to keep thinking about venting if you have any questions.
fffff.JPG

i hear what your saying
i do however have the plan to install a passive intake when i add a normal in room fan for strength growth and i really don't want to go threw the walls agen lol

my big thought now
is should i use LST'ing because has i read more and more i like the idea, i also like the idea of installing a net over the plants so it bushes more idk im still reading alot....

well i sent out for seeds Monday, on Friday i sent an email to the company asking if i would receive some sort of payment confirmation, and they said an email would be sent to me to confirm payment delivery. its Sunday now im hopping i get at least the confirmation tomorrow so i can get this going im getting very antsy, if i dont hear from them this week i think im going to go with bag seeds... and i will consider my $40 lost to a good try....

hears to hopping :bongrip:

i was looking for mylar at lowes but i couldn't find any what is it and what section of items would it fall under ill look agen

thanks agen for stopping in!

checking out your set-up and it's looking great, seems you got a handle on the heat issue.
As for the mylar I don't think the local home depot/lowes is gonna stock it...but a good hydro site will carry it...

here is a link to a place I deal with often..

Mylar : neHydro.com, Hydroponics and Gardening Supplies

(mods may delete this if links to outside sites are not allowed):ganjamon:

thanks for the recommendation man unfortunately im not a CC guy anymore (payed off my debts and keeping it that way) so in person local stores are all im able to provide my plants with...
debit my man ;) If you looking for something cheap I recommend using emergency blanket. Not as good as mylar but better than foil. Only a few bucks & it's in the camping section at walmart.

If you looking for something cheap I recommend using emergency blanket. Not as good as mylar but better than foil. Only a few bucks & it's in the camping section at walmart.

hey dfw thanks for coming by again i was thinking i would do that with the top box i alread have the first box cut int and stappeld and ready to go and im broke i ost the job i had so this is it no more to bring in to it :(

hey dfw thanks for coming by again i was thinking i would do that with the top box i already have the first box cut, stapled and ready to go and I'm broke i lost the job i had so this is it no more to bring in to it :(

Wow,
Sry to hear about the loss of employment.

At least your setup is good so you'll have something to do !

Check my Grow out,
just posted a pretty cool macro pic.

Luck !
MJ420:peace:

Looking god so far. White Widow is a little tricky to grow. That's why we went with something a little easier. Don't fret though, with all the help you can get on here, I'm sure you'll do fine. :grinjoint:

I agree with dfw, spend the $3 and go get an emergency blanket at Walmart. It'll be worth your while.

Sorry about the job. It sucks not knowing how you're going to pay the bills or eat.

Back
Top Bottom