Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

I really like that grow closet. You have given me many Ideas for mine..I will keep you folks posted on my build and grow...oh yeah..You will love the white widow...She's AWESOME!!!!

puff, puff, love!!!

I really like that grow closet. You have given me many Ideas for mine..I will keep you folks posted on my build and grow...oh yeah..You will love the white widow...She's AWESOME!!!!

puff, puff, love!!!

WOW im getting comps today! you guys are filling me up lol i think my days been made with all the compliment im getting around the boards today, thanks for coming in man and update me when you get going with your build im exited to see where my design leads another beautiful mind,
Best luck!

TODAY I TILL THE SOIL

ok well today im going to fix the miracle grow, i put the soil in to a tube bucket poked a thousand holes in it and started poring the water threw.
its funny MG soil is a very low ph my meter said almost 5... but my tap water is over 7 so the end result became pretty much 6.5 which is great lol.

so iv been flushing it for a wile now but i see all the time release ferts floating to the top (The little yellow BB's that pop) so any ways i went on the net... like always and found that if you want to get rid of thous balls QUICK use hot water so now i have the hole bag in a bucket of water, YAAAAY I MADE A SWAMP... its steamy to lol,..

so i will let that sit in the bucket for a wile im stirring it now and then and really trying to brake it all down, im already noticing less balls and the ones i see and grab nearly fall apart, so once i don't see any more im going to drain the bucket and start flushing again to get all the chemicals out of the soil because esentialy all im doing by brakeing them down is refertilizing the flushed soil..

now i know this seems like a lot of work and it all could have been avoided by going and getting a good soil but this is a lesson to me and to you who read this.. moral being DONT JUMP UNTIL YOU LOOK, i went out and got all the things to grow without really reading up on it... so i have MG..

any ways im hopping that all this work will make the soil more livable for my baby's cause im going to need to transplant them in about a week

Yay for the swamp! How's the smell of that thing ?

dirty...... very dirty... and a bit chemical like...... im beginning to think the steam coming off of it is poisons to, i have a headache like no other and im a bit dizzy...... i really will never buy MG again.... ever...

dirty...... very dirty... and a bit chemical like...... im beginning to think the steam coming off of it is poisons to, i have a headache like no other and im a bit dizzy...... i really will never buy MG again.... ever...

it migth be something more than just water, i'd try and vent the fumes from that out

:grinjoint: The things we will do for our girls huh........

ya..... well next girls i get are getting ocean forest, f**k miracle grow...

my mix now is one bag of MG potting soil + one full bag MG perlite + one full bag MG seed starter.. honestly i would have liked another bag of perlite,

the MG soils ph is just below 7 i dont have an exact number but my meter reads under 7 so thats good compared to just above 5, i drained it all day long... i had a work flood light right on the soil.. the steam coming off of it was ridiculous but even so it was still pretty wet so i started picking up clumps of it and squeezing it over the toilet... water would poor out of my fist like a spung,
after makeing about 50 dirt balls i said screw it mixed it up and im just letting it dry in the pots im going to use for planting,

im already seeing little roots by the drain holes of the pots my girls are in now so i think im replanting on monday, i like to keep things on a week to week bases, HOPEFULLY the soil ens up being ok.. we will see

I second the FFOF, I have one of my plants in it and the rest in some DUMBASS NEWBIE CRAP that I made up......I think my plants are adapting but the one in ocean forest has became the queen (Whitney) and is DEMANDING space from the other ladies....and she is quite pushy about it. Told me all I needed to know, FFOF rocks and I am stupid :grinjoint:

Edit: Also told me I need to find smart people and listen to them and I have since then which is why I settled here.

Sounds like you put in a lot of work clearing out that soil. Seems to me like it should work much better now without the fertilizers. Good luck, man.

so on two plants i see like, pale spouts around some of the leaves not to bad but still looks like something isn't right, they are in the MG seed starter soil and iv herd there are no problems with that stuff, so anyways i replanted them. figured id give them some room, the roots where all really white and fuzzy so that looked good, one of the plants even had a little very little brown spot like it got bit by something, I HAVE NO PESTS so i know its not that im just using that as an example of what it kinda looked like anyways hope replanting clears it up
any ideas what that could be?
i was thinking maybe root bound but it didn't really look that bad A LOT of roots at the bottom of the pots but not all over he sides
maybe Nute deficiency, seed start soil doesn't have much to offer

so on two plants i see like, pale spouts around some of the leaves not to bad but still looks like something isn't right, they are in the MG seed starter soil and iv herd there are no problems with that stuff, so anyways i replanted them. figured id give them some room, the roots where all really white and fuzzy so that looked good, one of the plants even had a little very little brown spot like it got bit by something, I HAVE NO PESTS so i know its not that im just using that as an example of what it kinda looked like anyways hope replanting clears it up
any ideas what that could be?
i was thinking maybe root bound but it didn't really look that bad A LOT of roots at the bottom of the pots but not all over he sides
maybe Nute deficiency, seed start soil doesn't have much to offer

Hey, link. Can you post a picture of the two plants in question?

so i wanted some suggestions, should i top my plants, or maybe FIM.
im also debating LST of some kind any thoughts on this and when should i start any of them??

I FIM'd mine after 3 sets of leafes had formed and from what i can tell i'm getting atleast 3 new tops on her now about 4 days after the cutting.

Personally i'm inclined towards FIM vs just normal topping since it can create more tops if done rigth

I never really got FIMing until my friend explained it. You know how the plant top divides into different leaf branches but before that stage it is like 3-4 little green starter leaves pushing out, he told me to cut those individually (exacto is much easier than a razor blade btw) so a tiny piece of the leaf still remains.)

I was wondering if I should FIM then LST the three tops to different sides, would that fill in faster than just using one top or does the plant just have so much grow in it based on the root condition?

:nicethread:

:UPDATE:

TWO WEEKS FROM SPROUTS,

this is again the family together in there new permanent homes each in 4gal buckest, its funny cause last time you could clearly see princess was the biggest and baby was the smallest, but now sprout is the smallest lol o well good job baby, oh and thats hash plant haze germinating in the background!!!
IMG_16462.JPG

this is my lovely princess she is really reaching her leaves outwards and is nice in size, she seems to be the strongest
princess_wee2.JPG

and baby not so much a baby anymore! she has spots aswell as sprout.... i dont know whats going on im being very careful and paying a lot of attention to them to make sure they dont turn for the worst....
baby_week2.JPG

hear are the spots on baby
IMG_16473.JPG

and then there is sprout.. who was bigger then baby but i guess decided to veg out lol and slow down a bit, again she has spots also
sprout_week2.JPG

and the dam spots on her
IMG_16492.JPG

so all in all not to bad, i got a lot of growth in just 1 week so im happy, i think im going to FIM one Super crop one and leave one alone as the control, so i can see what works best for me and what i want to do with there eventual clones

ON TO WEEK 3

Back
Top Bottom