Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

:update:

OK we are 3 weeks from poping out of the ground, and there doing great

i added 4 new grow lights, they are tube lights i got them on sale with some Xmas cash, they are rated at 6700k and 17watts a piece, i dont know the lumen unfortunately, i got them so i can stand them up the tall way next to the plants as they grow to kinda get that undergrowth a little light, i know CFLs don't get in deep.
i also added 2 big mutha.. CFLs at 65watts a piece, they are 2700k and 3900 lumens, only thing is now i need to point my fan right at the lights to cool them or it reaches temps of almost 90F
all this makes a grand total of 510watts at more then 27,000 lumen!!!!!!!

to top it all off i added a humidifier to the room bringing me to 45% -55% humidity at all times, and let me tell you, just hours after i added it to the room, the plants seemed to be standing taller and stretching out, and in one day i think they have show substantial growth and change in attitude, and i believe its 100% because of adding the humidifier, i would say the plants wer a bit stressed without the humidity, i was running 20% most days.
and in my opinion the spots wer intierly heat related and or dry, or a combination of the 2.

so this is princess, as always shes tall and lush, she has room in and around her for air to creep past her leaves, less dense as the others but big leaves and strong

Princess_week3.JPG

this is baby, we started out with her being the smallest and running in to some leafe isues nothing to startaling, but now she is a dense and full plant her leaves nearly mach princess in size, but babby is much more tight in her growth with less lank she also has the thickest steam of them all

Baby_week3.JPG

then last there is sprout, a very interesting grow, she started out big and looked similar to the others but now seems to just be different... she has sharper more curved leaves, her leaves are also much darker and green they also seem to be much tougher like a holly leaf compared to a maple, shes tight like baby if not tighter,the nods seem to grow one on top the othe but her leaves are smaller, much smaller, shes cute.

Sprout_week3.JPG

and the hoe family

family_week3.JPG

OH!!!! and thats 1 week old hash plant haze in the background

iv given no nutes and very little water to the soil tho i foil feed daily due to the humidity, which now im going to stop, but i will continue to foil once a week with carbonated water, i picked some up and fed them a litter and they seem to like it, it perked them up a bit!

ON TO WEEK 4

Hey Link what up ?? Great update love the pics. You were around 20% humidity? Thats were my girls are at right now as well. I didn't notice anything unusual with the low humids. But now, on one plant there looks to be a bit of lighter green on the fan leaves outer edges just like in your photo #2 (Baby, I believe.) I thought my nute mix was getting imbalanced but mebbe its the humids? I have my girls in a large open basement so will be hard to raise humids until I get a tent and humidifier.

So, after you added the humidifier they perked up? I bet the low humids is slowing down my grow :(

Let us know how its doing on yer next update. Thx for sharing buddy.

L8ER

So, after you added the humidifier they perked up? I bet the low humids is slowing down my grow :(

that's the one thing i can say is a definite, i added the humidifier and within
2hrs the plants seemed to be standing higher with there leaves up.
ever since then the plants seem to stretch there arms up in the air
much higher then they did with low RH..

Thats alot of new growth, and an insane amount of lumens!! How many per sq ft does that make ?

Seems like the humidifyer was a strong move with that a low humidty.
+Rep on the ligthpower you got there

no this is not a trick, no this is not a small lighter it is a normal bic, yes this is that frigen big,

this is for any one who wants to know how big you can get with cfl

this is for my flowering 65watts 2700k and 3900 lumen!!!!!!

IMG_16503.JPG

ITS BIGGER THEN MY HAND

I put some 150 watt CFL's that were the same size in mine

Heya Link, new member here. After reading over many journals (yours being one of them) and guides, I have finally decided to join the friendly community of 420 and begin growing myself. Just a few questions: I have a simliar sized space available for growing with almost the same setup in mind, I may even grow some WW. It might be to early to tell but how strong has the odor become so far? This is one of my biggest concerns, seeing as it will be more a stealth operation going on in my room. Looking forward to your next update. Happy new year!

Heya Link, new member here. After reading over many journals (yours being one of them) and guides, I have finally decided to join the friendly community of 420 and begin growing myself. Just a few questions: I have a simliar sized space available for growing with almost the same setup in mind, I may even grow some WW. It might be to early to tell but how strong has the odor become so far? This is one of my biggest concerns, seeing as it will be more a stealth operation going on in my room. Looking forward to your next update. Happy new year!

first off happy new year to you as well my friend, and welcome to or community.
so far they don't smell to strong, when i open the box i do get a sweet plant, and earthy smell, but not wile the box is closed, keep in mind im 1 week away from flowering so i wold be much more prepared to ansewr that question in about 4 or 5 week

there are however some things yo can do to mask or eliminate the odor, a carbon filter is often used to clean the air coming out of the box, or you could use odor absorbing gels, iv herd they work well, or even an ozone generator which if used properly and carefully can remove the smell all together

don't worry about smell to much with your stealth grow, there is lots you can do about it, all depending on how much you want to spend and put in to it.
my tip to you would be if your building a box from scratch and your looking for stealth, a small closet or a wood chest, maybe a converted book shelf, use your imagination, make it blend in to your environment and most importantly seal off all light and glows coming from the box

if your box is air tight or at least close, then the smell of your plants will be contained or limited to your exhaust..... coking, sealer tape, weather striping duct tape, all of these are your friends in the odor battle

good luck my friend stop in again and tell me how things go, or start a journal so we can follow along with your success

thanks for the advice man, carbon filter is what I was thinking of getting but since im kinda tight on cash at the moment I wanted to see how long I had before needing it.

I found the perfect spot for my box and measured out the dimensions today, 3'x2'x4.5' Went digging around the house and was surprised to find that I already had the majority of the supplies just missing soil and a few more light fixtures. I guess i'll be starting my grow sooner than expected. Anyways still looking forward to your update, keep those babies growin! :grinjoint:

Good looking family of "girls" you got there Link. They are looking awesome. Keep up the good work.:goodjob:

ok sorry i didnt update on week 4, this coming Monday will be week 5 and ill add up some new pics, i LSTed Princess and i trimmed a buch of fans off all of them to let some light in, they resounded really well to the light hair cut and have bushed out A LOT wait and see them they're getting big.....

ok sorry i didnt update on week 4, this coming Monday will be week 5 and ill add up some new pics, i LSTed Princess and i trimmed a buch of fans off all of them to let some light in, they resounded really well to the light hair cut and have bushed out A LOT wait and see them they're getting big.....

Its all good link cant wait to see that princess in some hardcore bondage and you said you slimmed her down :bongrip:

:UPDATE:

5 weeks from sprouts!

ITS THAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
ok sorry i missed week 4 im more disappointed then you trust me,
i wanted to have a full week by week journal but now im missing
week 4...... its like a collection of Pokemon cards missing one card.....
huf puf... o well

ok so its week 5 and the last day PRINCESS will see 24hrs of light!
my plan is to flower her for 2 weeks then add baby, 2weeks later
add sprout, and 2 weeks after that add the haze plant, thats 4
plants on 2 week schedules with a predicted 8 week flower cycle,
each takeing clones, (no haze clone, just using it up, was free,...
will double clone a widow to make up for it) all that should equal a
harvest ruffly every 2 weeks.... we will see

ok so this is princess under some LST very mild i bent her main stalk
down and took the longest branch and stretched it the opposite way
now look at her thats almost all natural growth patterns, i only have
2 ropes in there

Princess_week5.JPG

and from the top you can see about 6 or so good bud points coming along

Princess_week5top.JPG

ok now this is Baby the little bitch that could....lol i love her im
kidding she just annoys the piss out of me because of her spots
in the beginning and her STUNT in growth in the beginning, but
low and behold a beautiful women

Baby_week5.JPG

and from the top a nice view

Baby_week5top.JPG

And now my prize Sprout, i love this plant, such dark green lush
growth this plant is amazing, it smells great it looks great, the bud
points are just crawling out from under the fans all over the plant,
i really dont know what it is i just want to keep this one going, in all
honesty i think i may eventually clone the other ones out using her offspring, but we will see whos bud is best

Sprout_week5.JPG

and from the top this is great LOOK HOW UNIFORM SHE LOOKS like
a perfect circle (good band) its just beautiful and i love her

Baby_week5top.JPG

oh and i almost forgot, remember that hash plant haze i was talking about???

IMG_1700.JPG

the big one there is her!!! the little one is my very first successful
clone
she is mini princess lol she has roots and is really starting
to REgreen herself it took about 2 weeks, and all i have to say to any
newbe is this CLONING IS AS HARD AS CUTTING A TOP AND PLANTING IT....... it wasn't hard, i used root powder, i used a razor, i used dirt,
water, and a dome top....... AS A MATTER OF FACT the clone i took
from princess, ya that one growing in the pic.... that was a broken stem
i accidentally broke wile LSTing and didn't find till the next day and BAM
still cloned it....

so this is it, im on to flowering princess tonight at 12, i will try to get in and
update you on the next week iv been busy so IDK but hope this can
hold you over

BRING ON THE BUD
ON TO WEEK 6

them lady's are looking great Link keep up the good work cant wait to see the budding start. Do you plan on use molasses to plump them girls up

Back
Top Bottom