Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

well im not sure yet, i might if i can find some. i know ill do a big flush one week before harvest, and the 24hrs of darkness before i harvest, and i may even put her in water with a bubblier, im using miracle grow soil and feed so flushing will be a must

i di however use carbonated water to foil feed and water a couple times
and they always seem to respond really well, so im going to give the hole CO2 water debate my vote for working,

im in the midst of creating another grow box to house the vegys but heat is a problem as of right now..... if i cant get it down in the next hour i have no place to veg the girls tonight.....

Hell yeah. Looking damn good Link. I'm loving your grow.

thanx man, quick update
the second room i made for veg has to be taken apart... to noisy to noticable so im in a steal mate... i don't have any other place really to put them as of right now.... the only thing i can think of is, we have a second attic that has no access.. i don't know how tall it is up there cause again i cant get up there.. BUT if i can cut a small access hole in the ceiling of a closet, and find it to be a good height im going up there!... i will be looking in to it tomorrow and ill keep you all informed, lets hope i found my official grow lab lol

if it is nice up there and a good size, i may expand my operation!!!!! we will see

oh yes!!!!!

ok you stealth heads are going to love this, you old growers might be taken back by this and for the noobs you may want to look up some times!!!

i found my offical grow ROOM not box not closet ROOM!!!

check this out in a closet in my house, i cut a hole in to the attic that is inaccessible... almost 5ft in hgt at the mid point and about 30ft long i have a lot of room to work with up here!!!

going up
IMG_1701.JPG

almost in
IMG_1702.JPG

and wala!!!!!! look at this space!!!
IMG_1703.JPG

im going to tarp a room out in there make some vents get some electricity going and see what i can do with this, ill let you all up here soon but for now........ i need to go to work!

Babies are looking good! +rep :goodjob:

HEY THANKS MOUNTAIN! glad you like, im hoping to get some nice bud!
princess is being flowered at 5 weeks old
baby will go under at 7 weeks and sprout at 9 weeks so i may end up
with more bud as each one grows logner, we will see (oh they all have pre flowers!!!!)

Hey Link! Not bad. Tons of space up there, just be sure to be safe. Would suck to come crashing through hehe. I'm sure you'll hook it up right. If you lay boards across the stringers I wonder how much weight they will hold. Well, let us know how it goes. You could have a lot more plants going real soon!

L8ER

From the beginning, I knew your grow was gonna be amazing, and it is! Those plants are really looking great and it sounds like you've got your scheduling and whatnot all planned out.

Excellent job with the LST. Only two bands on that one? Amazing.

And then, what is this ? ! News of a newly discovered attic space? Shweeet ! ! !

:popcorn:

Hey man, plants are looking good. And that crawl space is huge that you have there, just remember that its uninsolated so it'll get real hot/cold and emit a nice red hotspot on your roof if you start up a grow there.

Otherwise things are looking real good there :D

From the beginning, I knew your grow was gonna be amazing, and it is! Those plants are really looking great and it sounds like you've got your scheduling and whatnot all planned out.

Excellent job with the LST. Only two bands on that one? Amazing.

And then, what is this ? ! News of a newly discovered attic space? Shweeet ! ! !

:popcorn:

gang i always love it when you come bye , the plants are dong great, even tho i have battled heat and cold for 2 weeks now, by box with the fan goes down to 66F some times without the fan can reach 95F and has but the plants dont seem to be botherd much, heats under control now and my night temp for Princess is always around 55F so she should frost u nicely
thanks for the comps on my LST im trying!

Hey man, plants are looking good. And that crawl space is huge that you have there, just remember that its uninsolated so it'll get real hot/cold and emit a nice red hotspot on your roof if you start up a grow there.

Otherwise things are looking real good there :D

Stakkur its funny you say that, i was thinking about an episode of cops or busts or something i saw when they used an inferred heat camera to see hot spots in this guys house and they busted him for 20 plants... good news is he got off cause his lawyer turned it in to an illegal entry of his home using cameras lol
as far as heat gos it should hold off till at least spring so i got about 4 months to worry about cooling, but the cold.......... well.. i set it up (ruffly still work to be done) and with the lights on the temp was 49F this morning.. the plants looked fine and seem fine but i put my work light in there cause it gets HOT HOT HOT so i figure ill use it has a heater for now, don't worry its facing the wall so the light wont interfere with them much, just trying to worm it up, i know it will be warm in there with it on because when i was working in there it got really warm, i was sweating so that light should do the trick

ill leave you guys with my a picture of what its looking like remember im not done yet, im going to install a fan, a vent system, paint it white and a couple minor adjustments... i did over shoot my estimate of height in there its actually just about 3 feet not 5 o well wishful thinking lol i made a room out of a tarp 4ft by 4ft with 3ft hgt and lots of room to expand if need be but i dont see that happening any time soon, hope you like it

OFFICIALLY DUBBED LINK'S LAB

IMG_1704.JPG

Good job on the lab Link. Looks all clean and neat. You do good work dude. How is it getting up and down? Especially with supplies/water? No matter its worth it! More pics!

L8ER

Good job on the lab Link. Looks all clean and neat. You do good work dude. How is it getting up and down? Especially with supplies/water? No matter its worth it! More pics!

L8ER

yaaaaaa no.... up and down is a crawling bitch... i have to get up there and lie down and military crawl about 3 feet before i can crouch in there lol but like you said its worth it, if i was 30 pounds heavyer it would be imposable, so no becoming a fat kid any time soon lol, thanks man im glad you like my work, complements build my self esteem lol

Quick thougth, getting the plants down ? Isn't that gonna be a bit of a hassle ?

um.......... SHIT!!!..

Stakkur, fuck i didnt even think of that.... it was hard enough getting
them up there that size... why would i think i could get them down
after they get bigger....

OK NEW IDEA what if i turn the lab in to the flowering room... use sprout
as a mother.. finish up flowering princess and baby and then go to
work switching the rooms...
if i did that i could just clone a hole bunch, flower them after 2 weeks
to keep them small seeing how its a bit.. um cramped.. and i could start
a SOG lab...
if i did..... i dont know how many little plants i could fit up there but i
could yield more biweekly in theory... if i had 4 rows of small plants
each being about 4 or 5 plants starting every other week then i would
be harvesting 4 or 5 smaller plants biweekly rather then one nice
size plant... i bet weight wise i would end up with more...hmmmmm?????

any body got some good links to a SOG grow that starts from very
young clones

dammit Stakkur why do you step on my dreams lol J/K

I like your "Lab"! Bet controlling temps is easy in there.....:grinjoint:

I seen a guy that has a tiny box and does it but it really isn't a SOG, but his buds finish at maybe 8-10 grams per plant dry, he buds them between 3-6 inches tall, does 3 per week every week. He does it in like two square feet though. I am sure you would want bigger plants with all that space.

What I would do is get a little mover and get some crates/boxes up there (to level the younger plants) and you could use one light to do a perpetual grow down the center of your lab. Just a thought.

:peace: +rep

dammit Stakkur why do you step on my dreams lol J/K

Because i'm evil like that :biglaugh:

Well hypothetically there is nothing against transporting the plants under a angle(even horizontal) if you can stop the dirt from falling out. Personally i'd keep the veg room in the hard to reach spot since i belive flowering migth need more tending than veg.

But yeah in theory a biweekly yield would possibly give more if you can fit more plants there than downstairs and you won't have to deal with huge amounts of bud at once to dry/cure/dispose of.

Back
Top Bottom