Link's poorman CFL grow 11/20/09 FIRST GROW

You're gonna have some sweet buds soon! Thanks for the pics man. Nice family garden photo. And look at Princess too, showing all her tops. LST is paying off. :goodjob:

Yeah, in four more weeks it's gonna be better, but after a proper cure, it will be unbelievable!

:popcorn:

You're gonna have some sweet buds soon! Thanks for the pics man. Nice family garden photo. And look at Princess too, showing all her tops. LST is paying off. :goodjob:

Yeah, in four more weeks it's gonna be better, but after a proper cure, it will be unbelievable!

:popcorn:

GANG!!! ya its awesome hear man im lovein this and your plants are looking nice to.
i have plans to change things up soon im getting money and i think im going to drop $250 on a HPS for my next flowering cycle...... ill make a new entry journal with the clones and the new light,
the CFL's work, yes they do, you and i have proven that beyond a doubt, but iv been going over my room, my tools, everything for almost 2 weeks and im realizing that i dropped almost $150 on my lights already... in total between my rooms i have 22 - 26watt lights and 2 - 75watts at a total of 722watts, PLUS the flood light im only using as a heater at 150watts making 872watts of light for both rooms, 260watts of that is light for the lab plus the 150watt heat light is 410watts total leaving me with a total of 462watts of flower light... (still with me?) the CFL's simply do not penetrate deep in to the canopy and anything past a foot or so is wasted, i truly believe that now.
so if i get a 400watt HPS light for the flower room im saveing 62watts, if i take the light box i made for the flower room and install it in the lab i will only be saving 10 watts of light at that point with no heat lamb, BUT more bulbs so rather then running 260watts in the lab it would be 462watts... the reason why my light in the lab sux is because i have no reflectors, the bulbs are in the air so i lose concentrated light and heat,and there are few bulbs.
with that reflector in their, my conditions would raise for my clones, and the lab would grow better thicker bushier plants like the original plants, im noticing stretch and week growth due to lighting deficiency already. PLUS my flower room would go nuts with bud, all signs point to bigger better bud with more light, and HPS lights go deep past the tops... i cant argue with it.. so this is going to be my fun start in to the world of home grown with CFL's but HPS is the future for me i can grow small really tight nod, bushy thick plants with the cfls to keep them small and fat, and burst them in to monsters for flowering with the HPS!

ok gang is bugging me for pics again, lol i love you, you keep me attentive, i have ADD so i forget to post sometimes because a butterfly passes my front door... any how YAY PICS!!

INSTEAD OF ROSES THIS VALENTINES GIVE BUDS!!!!

ok first off like always is princess the wonderful, now here is the big noticeable difference in her to last time.. a lot of little buds are gone.....srry.....
lol my GF had a stressful week so we grabbed a few small nugs all week.... oh well, the smoke is nice tho not to bad of a tast and as of right now the quality of smoke and high is about mid grade smoke at 5 weeks with 3 to go so im happy so far, the other thing i thought of is if i take a few amall buds then the big ones get there energy in the end (right?) idk HERE SHE IS
IMG_17251.JPG

yaaa
ok so next up we have Baby the second LST i did, she is MUCH bigger then Princess because she had more veg time, this is the difference between a 6 week old plant put in to flowering and a 8 week old plant (P6) (B8) the extra 2 weeks in veg shows
IMG_17272.JPG

next is sprout this plant ended up being an amazing grow... i had to cut A LOOOOOOOT of leaves out of this it just was to bushy everything below the canopy was turning yellow so take a look and think of it covered in leaves that was what it looked like
this plant is amazing because of how fast it grew how fat and dense its just a high quality plant and it is the mother of 3 clones the other clone i have is princess and she doing awesome to, be we will get there as of now sprout
IMG_17241.JPG

and lastly the shity little hash plant i have no care for and little love and should consider its self lucky i allow it to consume my resources......
oh FYI this was my FIM job i got 3 points
IMG_17231.JPG

i dont hate her..... its like the fat kid you make fun of but actual hes your friend.... one of thous typ deals... its just stupid looking...

the family in the sun
IMG_17282.JPG

so thats for my flowering room i finally got some flower nutes cough MG cough bloom boost cough...... lol they are all doing well

now i do have this to say.... i use CFL light..... Do my plants look good?
i use miracle grow for veg nuts and flower,... Do my plants look good?
I USE MIRACLE GROW SOIL, PERLIT, VERMICULITE, AND STARTER MIX..... ALL BY THE MIRACLE GROW BRAND.... NO problems NO lock outs NO burns NO NOTHING NO problems.... so i truly have one thing to say, dont let people tell you you cant......

enough of my ranting lol if youll follow me we will take a trip to the LAB
now and see how our little clones are doing

wait a minute this isn't little this is lil-princess dubd Lilly
IMG_17302.JPG

i wanted to keep princess alive so i cloned her before she went to flower but just one, i love her so she needed to stay with me for a wile

and these three are baby sprouts.... LOL yes they are baby sprouts and baby's of sprout,... whatever you guys get it
IMG_17312.JPG

the yellow leaves are the original top leaves of the clones thats why they look shity, they just never came back but the rest look good!

so that's it im almost 11weeks in to this all together, 5 weeks in to princess flower 3weeks in for baby and sprout and 1week in for hash

lastly id like to say for anyone about to clone, just do it, don't worry about it don't look up 1000 ways to do it just do it, its so much more simple then you would think, take lilly for example, when i did the LST to princess i broke off one of the bud points, a good size one, i didn't realize it till almost 2 days later and took that BROKEN STEM cut the angle on it made a few notches and BAM look at her now.... no problems, they say take a cutting and put it completely in water till your ready to put it in the dirt.. the claim is that it might absorb a air pocket or something... well almost 48hrs of sitting broken completely off and no.... no air pocket... i call bullshit on that srry guys

anyways if been here long enough time to do house work!!!!!! YAY.... not..

and these three are baby sprouts.... LOL yes they are baby sprouts and baby's of sprout,... whatever you guys get it
IMG_17312.JPG

the yellow leaves are the original top leaves of the clones thats why they look shity, they just never came back but the rest look good!

Happens with my clones all of the time, too. Original leaves rarely seem to fully come back to life.

What up Link, Princess is looking adorable. You're thinking three weeks left to finish? We're pretty close in time, I think 5 weeks left on my grow. The other plants are looking great as well. I really liked what you said about the cloning. I have toyed with the idea but still haven't pulled the trigger. I probably will next go around though. Gonna get a new strain to try next time as well. Keep up the good work and the pics are great. See ya.

L8ER

Your girls are quite impressive looking bro. You keep up the good work! Lilbit and Princess are pretty close to same age I think. They are real similar, Lilbit is more spread out, they actually look real similar in strain, kinda.

:peace: brother and I keep watching.

so i cut princess down today, i got 6 really nice buds off her and a few popcorns i plucked and will smoke tonight lol, but the 6 big buds are drying in a box and i wont be touching them til i cure them and there ready, all in all iv been smokeing her everynight for about 3 weeks now but i never touched the big top colas, so i have 6 nice ones, she smokes great already so im happy to get her drying ill post pics when i find my cam USB

Nice job link. she looks maaad glittery. Glad to see you're doin well ;):slide:

Effin sick Link, awesome job. I agree with you about the CFL's, they do the job but a HPS during flowering would just be keen. And just buying a 2 pack of CFL's every now and again adds up. My wife said, instead dropping all the cash on CFL's why don't you just buy one of those big lights, lol.

Effin sick Link, awesome job. I agree with you about the CFL's, they do the job but a HPS during flowering would just be keen. And just buying a 2 pack of CFL's every now and again adds up. My wife said, instead dropping all the cash on CFL's why don't you just buy one of those big lights, lol.

OMG, the demons that stepped up on your shoulder when she said that I imagine :slide::yahoo:....I would be thinking, does she know I need fans and tubing and....MORE. :grinjoint: But I would guilt myself out, buy crap and end up buying the big light later down the road when I should of just bought it up front.

:peace: brother.

OMG, the demons that stepped up on your shoulder when she said that I imagine :slide::yahoo:....I would be thinking, does she know I need fans and tubing and....MORE. :grinjoint: But I would guilt myself out, buy crap and end up buying the big light later down the road when I should of just bought it up front.

:peace: brother.

LOL, exactly right MountainHigh. After the harvest I had three boxes of supplies. Just one of the boxes were lights. Mabe I'll hint for a HPS for easter, lol.

OHHHHH Wonderful Bud, let me count the ways....

the princess with her head chopped off..... mario was to late!
IMG_17333.JPG

and the limbs
IMG_17343.JPG

and the roots
IMG_17322.JPG

and the bud
IMG_17351.JPG

and the final dry buds
IMG_17361.JPG

and the crystals
IMG_1736_-_Copy.JPG

and thats the end of princess

WEIGHT REPORT 18.6g all together dry, plus 3 weeks of 2 popcorn buds per day = almost 2-Oz at 28.6g....... so close

SMOKE REPORT, 2 or 3 hits im done....... this stuff smokes well, very good taste, burns nicely, the smell.... well in the jar it smells... off... not moldy, and there is no mold, iv checked, and checked, AND CHECKED... but it smells like weed and a hay bale.... not sure why.. maybe i picked to soon, maybe i didnt flush properly or maybe i didnt let them hang long enough to dry before the cure, who knows, all i know is it gets me STONED AS HELL and im loving it, and theres more on the way, so ill try different things and different ways to see what i can improve on, id like a better raw smell, and id ike bigger buds, and more color, but thats it, grow successful!

Very, very nice Link! Those roots went deep! Love the smoke report - and the honesty of how good weed can smell 'off', sometimes. Look forward to the next one.

You do realize, of course, that that shitty hash plant is probably going to produce the most potent bud and blow your head off, right? :grinjoint:

Very, very nice Link! Those roots went deep! Love the smoke report - and the honesty of how good weed can smell 'off', sometimes. Look forward to the next one.

You do realize, of course, that that shitty hash plant is probably going to produce the most potent bud and blow your head off, right? :grinjoint:

ya probably lol!

Back
Top Bottom