Small 250 Watt Grow Please Help a Newbie

My opinion, no need to put the screen up yet. Flip 12/12, after 2-3 weeks you'll find all the males. Switch back to 20/4 for 3-4 more weeks. That should leave you with about 6 females at 2.5 feet tall. You may want to top the females or at least trim off some clones before you switch to final lower. That way as soon as the 8 week flower is done you have a couple mothers waiting to carry on the genetics with more clones.

I agree completely. It would be best to switch em to 12/12 now and get rid of all the males since you plan on revegging anyways.

Increased periods of dark beyond 12/12 will force the plant into thinking winter is approaching very quickly and force it to flower. I am not 100% sure how it will affect yields or how much stress it puts on the plants. I have read that you can force a plant to finish early by cutting the lights down at the end of flowering as well, for a decrease in yield of course. As far as nute set up, you will want to switch to a flowering formula; something like 15-20-15? (it is what I am using at the moment). I don't have any recommendations as I haven't really had a chance to try different types.

Right now im using nutes i was given for free its this stuff called GENERAL HYDROPONICS
Im using FLORA GROW, FLORA MICRO, AND FLORA BLOOM. I know its made for hydro setups but it says it can be used for both and hey they were free and so far the babies look good. They are getting a full strength feeding at beginning of the week and a half stength or less as needed throughout week.

When do u think I should flip em?? Are they ready now??

Whether they're ready or not depends on what approximate final size *you* want them to get to, taking into account that they will at least double their height.

If you're doing SCROG or LST, then things change because you're in charge of canopy height and have more latitude as far as veg time.

SCROG grows can be tricky, especially for newbies, because they add several more things you have to get right in order for the screen to fill in well and be effective. There's other ways to keep plants short without adding the complication of a screen.

I think going with individual pots would be better so the plants don't have to compete for food and light.

Your plants are 7-8" or so now, and your tent is almost 6' tall, so you could veg them a bit longer if you wanted. I wouldn't go any taller than 12" for sure, although again, if you're using a screen or LST, the rules change.

sure will its as good as done :) At 6am the light will be going out for the first time. I have heard that a 30 hr dark period will move the process along a lil quicker?????????????

Yes, I've heard that from several growers whose knowledge and skills I respect.

Oh and should i change my nute set up for the switch?

If you're using the GH three-part hydro, which is fine for soil, you just adjust the ratios of each bottle. Here's a link to their schedule:

Hell ya man!! Its good to hear my nutes are ok to be using i was a lilttle skeptical about them but they did say that they were good for soil as well. The only reason i am wantin to do a scrog grow is because i want my little 250 watt to produce as much bud as possible. If there is an easier way for me to yield just as high as i would with a scrog grow then im def all for it. The whole scrog process seems so cool and good for my small light and space but at the same time im very worrried about acually doing it... I will continue as planned for now. Thanks alot setting sun you've been a great help to me. :)

Personally, I think LST is an easier way to keep plants short and increase yield with 250w.

I don't mean to discourage you from doing a SCROG if that's what you wanna do, but here's a good thread to read if you're interested in what I consider an easier and less complicated alternative.

I think an experienced SCROG grower could probably get better yields than using LST, but not sure the difference is worth it for the difficulty it adds on first grows.

LST How to do

any of tunes420's grow journals would also be a good read

Well iv decided to go with the LST for the simple fact that it isnt going to be as difficult. Iv also figured that im going to just let them go in 12/12, and go with a SOG with the training. Ill get my mother when i find there sexs. Iv got the 2 cabnets for the clones and for the mother. Im going to try to keep it as simple as i can for this go round. Maybe since there still short ill be able to just let all the females, except for one, finish. I think with the LSTing ill be able to get a pretty good yield.

ok all went well except it wasnt as light stressed as it says ;) lol
I didnt train them all though. Iv got what i think are going to be males along the back. Iv got one that just keeps climbing and has less leaf growth as the others. I took tons of pictures but its 2:00am here and i just worked a double, tired... tired... tired. But heres one and ill have some real good ones up tomorrow. My babies look so good. Makes me happy :)
MY_ROOM_223.jpg

Back
Top Bottom