Smart pot Aeration containers test

It's nice, the medium dries out from the outside in, instead of from the top down.

My cuttings have been fed twice since planting in SP. in plastic only once. This is in about 2 weeks.

I'm already seeing roots grow thru it.

So, DB how are your smart pots doing. Mine are kicking butt. The plants overall are healthier in the smart pots, or maybe in a more advanced stage of growth would be a better way to put it. The stems are thicker as well. It's pretty clear that they work well. I do have to water the smart pot 2x as often at this point. I'm certain that will change as the consumption rate increases.
I will try to get a photo update soon.

budlydoright Very happy the smart pots and you working well together.
Is there signs the hard pot are lagging behind the smart ones? Looking forwarded to pictures. Thanks for doing this set-up, Smart pot are a good answer for many growers. :rollit: :peace:

budlydoright Very happy the smart pots and you working well together.
Is there signs the hard pot are lagging behind the smart ones? Looking forwarded to pictures. Thanks for doing this set-up, Smart pot are a good answer for many growers. :rollit: :peace:

Without a doubt, they are behind a bit. The smart pots cycle or go through a wet/dry cycle faster. I can water the pot to runoff and it will be ready to be watered again within a week. the plastic can take 2 weeks. Of course the frequency changes as the plants get grow.

I have 6 in smart pots and 5 in plastic. Both 1 gallon, although the smart pot appears to hold considerably more medium. don't know which is truley 1 gallon. 100% coco coir.

All of the smart pot plants are pretty even. There are 2 in plastic that are doing almost as well and then a few that are farther behind.

I will do some photos this week. Just been real busy.

So, DB how are your smart pots doing. Mine are kicking butt. The plants overall are healthier in the smart pots, or maybe in a more advanced stage of growth would be a better way to put it. The stems are thicker as well. It's pretty clear that they work well. I do have to water the smart pot 2x as often at this point. I'm certain that will change as the consumption rate increases.
I will try to get a photo update soon.

Well i had a problem with the root zone getting to cold and I left a fan blowing on them when thay were wet.This led to a phosphorus deficiency,plants can't absorb it at cold temp's.Put a heater in the room and three of the four plant have come back strong.The smart pots take more watering but thats fine by me.The only thing i hopeing to see out of this test grow in the smart pot's is a bigger root ball in the end.Useing them to grow a plant from seed will be the real test for me.

yea mine are on a cement floor, i was thinking about setting them on a round paver from lowes or something along those lines.

This is BETTY two week's into smart pot

rsz_nov31_036.jpg

I haven't had a lot of time for this thread and it seems to be getting little attention. So I only have one pic. the smart pot is doing better than the plastic but I have a situation in which i have no place to put these plants. The temps are getting a little too cold in the temp shelter they're in. Will figure something out soon.

6416.jpg

Thanks for stopping by potpie, just went through your journals. Very nice. Check out my box when you get a chance, I'm 3 weeks from a nice holiday bonus!

Back to the smart pots. I would have to say they are way better than plastic pots. The plants in the smart pot is about 2 weeks ahead in growth and just looks healthier.

The true test will be when the are in accelerated growth and flowering.

Hey Budly, just subscribed to your 'box' journal. That's a nice setup! Vertical water cooled light and an oh so luscious garden all around. Looking forward to the vertical scrog!:smokin:

I'm getting ready to go visit them tonight. It's kind of strange, it's about 15 degrees outside, snow on the ground and then my secret garden is at 80+ degrees 40% humidity and summertime lush! Just don't seem right!

Now that i have corected for the heat problem things are moving nicely.Ya budly this thred is not going to get the veiw's like your journal will but this is where things are worked out so dont stop posting here....peace

Ok, I will post what I can. Things are getting to cold in my clone area, so I gave 6 of the 10 plants to a friend who coulds give them a better home. So I have 3 in smart pots left and one in plastic. The one I have in plastic was topped very young so it will be a little less side by side now.

I will likely veg these 4 out take a bunch of clones then flower them.

Thanks for the post.

I grew a few plants years ago, in a closet, and am setting up a MMJ room.

I have a few bag seeds, in third week, growing under a Quantum T5 Bad Boy and they are BEAUTIFUL!! Soon I can try my hand at cloning.

Yesterday, I received some feminized seed and will germinate those soon.

After reading your postings, I decided to try these smart pots.

I've ordered some 1 gallon for veg growth, 5 gallon for flowering and a few big ones for the mothers.

I was thinking of also trying the LSTing and am wondering how heavy the plants are in the bags. Perhaps starting the 5 gallon bags in a milk crate will make the process easier?

Please keep updating -

Back
Top Bottom