Soil Growers?

vonb

If i am growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil using GH Flora series Micro, Gro, and Bloom, when do I start to use nutrients? Right away or wait until a few leaves?

If i am growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil using GH Flora series Micro, Gro, and Bloom, when do I start to use nutrients? Right away or wait until a few leaves?

3-5 sets of new leaves then start on 1/4 strength nutes. You should have enough nutes in the soil to last a while! ;)

It depends. Pot size, how fast your plants grow but it can be anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months. I mean if ya grow a plant in a 5 gallon container under a 25 watt light you wouldn't need nutes for 6 months. Also if your wanting to grow in organic soil I'd recommend organic nutes or use synthetics n switch to coco, hempy, hydro.... You can do great with any medium with any nutes but when you start mixing organic and chemicals it can cause issues. For a cheap comparison try Nature's Nectar 3 part system sometime in ocean forrest. Don't ph anything, feed every watering. It will do as good or better and produce better quality than any synthetic nute in ocean forrest. I been growing in ocean forrest exclusively for 10 plus years, I've tried damn near everything on the market.

That should work. Some people feed every watering. Best to start lower and work your way up. The plants will tell you what they need. Also, I HIGHLY recommend you start a grow journal. Lots of great growers here who will be happy to help you along the way. :Namaste:

There are a lot of variables. You should not use that stuff without first thinning it out with perlite.

I recommend for beginners a basic combo that requires no nutrients in veg. You only need to start adding in bloom.

There is a lot to the real definition of soil.

But if you use equal parts, 1/3 each that soil you have, perlite, composted steer manure, you won't need any nutes till bloom.

The foolproof way to guarantee you know when to start feeding is to get a ppm reader and check the water out ppm every watering so you can see where the numbere hit. For my clones I feed them GH trio at the seedling suggested amounts which is in the 400's on my ppm meter. I'm in hydro though. Even at the high 400s I was seeing slight tip burn while I'm on day 12 (with clones, not seedlings)

As long as you know the numbers roughly at what stages, you'l do great

The other way is to simply watch your plant for signs of deficiency.

Not sure about testing water run-off and getting any important results.

The only thing running out of soil with water would be leachate. That's the extra Nitrogen that can't attach to soil via Cation Exchange.

It's probably a thing when running soil-less media.

Others wood know about using nutrients. I'm an organic soil grower.

Not sure about testing water run-off and getting any important results.

The only thing running out of soil with water would be leachate. That's the extra Nitrogen that can't attach to soil via Cation Exchange.

It's probably a thing when running soil-less media.

Others wood know about using nutrients. I'm an organic soil grower.
Ya i wouldn't call it the most accurate but it will definitely tell you of your over feeding via too high a ppm number. Same for under feeding

Well your fox farm compost stuff should have enough nutrients in for several weeks.

So very little of what ever bottle nutrients ya won't need just yet.

Assuming the basic either seed or clone etc... one may think, that the soil is to hot nutrient wise for a plant at this stage & if i'm correct ? ocean forest would appear the organic range of fox farm composts etc & having a good PH of compost/soil perfect for growing MJ.

Not sure about bottle nutrients just yet ?

But ye, working on it.

If all go's well and ya don't get any funny leaf changing colours or spots/brown crinkled tips
etc which could mean all sorts of stuff.

You could get away with a reduced suggested application rate of said bottle nutrients with out ill effect & only applied in till the last few weeks off veg, depending on length of vegging etc & that would suggest micro & grow nutrients.
If growing in soil based compost feeding on a weekly basis should be fine once you hit flowering.

Ya i wouldn't call it the most accurate but it will definitely tell you of your over feeding via too high a ppm number. Same for under feeding

I don't test water run off. It's not a sign of anything useful with regard to potted plants in soil.

OP let the plants grow some and see how they do in that soil. They are young and healthy. It's a good time to read up on how to grow cannabis with bottles if that's your thing.

You can grow with or without them.

Back
Top Bottom