South Indian Sativa LED SOG Experiment

Quick question,

When people say that PPM should be checked and the right PPM should be used, does that mean that instead of following the nutes feeding chart,... I should just add more or less nutes to my water, regardless of what the charts recommend I use?

Well it's been the strong beating the weak past week...

lol, 2 out of five of my Indian Sativas have fallen, the remaining 3 seem to be OK right now, the soil was severely overwatered.

They're 3 weeks old now, and I they're kinda recovering now.. so let's see what happens.

I'm trying to finish my growbox and I'll be putting up pics of ideas soon.

Here are the plants, 3 weeks :-

420-magazine-mobile141689689.jpg
420-magazine-mobile57698528.jpg

Alright so here's something I've sketched up:-

420-magazine-mobile1785405988.jpg

The white box is the exhaust fan, the purple is the led light, there is a fresh air inlet at the bottom of the left wall. Everything will be light-proof.

I've got some small fans which I can place anywhere in the box for some circulation.

Ultimately, all the hot air will rise up and go right out of the white exhaust fan, which is right above the led, so I'm thinking this will be the most optimum way to get all heat and stale air out.

Any tips/suggestions?

Another plant went down..

Now that I have a TDS and ph pen, flushed my plants once and the runoff measured about 1800 PPM per plant! Now I know that's too much for seedlings.

I got hold of some distilled water and then I flushed the plants down till the PPM was about 350ish. I think the plants have been suffering due to this problem.

So I've got two plants now, and plus I've sprouted 3 more local seeds, cause I've got hundreds of them with me lol...

I'm back to 5 plants again, 2 of them are 23 days old and 3 haven't sprouted yet.

I moved the 2 surviving plants to 1 gallon smart pots and just gave it a very light watering, coz the new soil in the 1 gallon pots should suck in moisture from the heavily soaked plant base.

So let's see what happens now.

Here are some pics:-

Both plants:-
420-magazine-mobile1630309469.jpg

Plant 1 in a 1 Gallon smart pot
420-magazine-mobile1194980546.jpg

Plant 2 in a 1 gallon smartpot

420-magazine-mobile1975447684.jpg

Stay tuned!

Big hello from a fellow indian!!
I am out for some months on a long euro trip..
Will start growing once i am back next july.

But till the time i am keeping a close eye on this.
please do let me know how long it took you to get those lights.
And i too will start off with some bagseeds..

Big hello from a fellow indian!!
I am out for some months on a long euro trip..
Will start growing once i am back next july.

But till the time i am keeping a close eye on this.
please do let me know how long it took you to get those lights.
And i too will start off with some bagseeds..

Hi and welcome

The lights should reach this week hopefully, till then I'm setting up my box.

Will update more as soon as there's something.

Cheers

Hi and welcome

The lights should reach this week hopefully, till then I'm setting up my box.

Will update more as soon as there's something.

Cheers

You are using RANDON grow nutes now??
And which region's bagseed are you using. I have some i picked up in pune and hyderabad.
Both were sativa dominant green long buds.

You are using RANDON grow nutes now??
And which region's bagseed are you using. I have some i picked up in pune and hyderabad.
Both were sativa dominant green long buds.

My guess is that we are both using the same South Indian Sativa bagseed which u find in Tamil Nadu/Karnataka/Hyderabad.

I'm gonna use RadonGrow 3 part nutes and I've got some calcium and Magnesium as supplements as well.

Hey guys my growbox is built, made sure everything is set up well, it's nice and light-proof.

I'll post pics later, once my lights arrive. Hopefully in a day or two. I'll update on the plants in a bit.

By the way, I ordered some seeds recently. I got the FastBud #2 (5 + 2 complimentary seeds), and I've got two White Widow and 1 G14. All feminised and all auto flowers.

Anyways, I'm gonna start on these as soon as this grow is done, I've never "flowered" a plant since I've only grown autos before, so let's see what happens. .

Hey guys my growbox is built, made sure everything is set up well, it's nice and light-proof.

I'll post pics later, once my lights arrive. Hopefully in a day or two. I'll update on the plants in a bit.

By the way, I ordered some seeds recently. I got the FastBud #2 (5 + 2 complimentary seeds), and I've got two White Widow and 1 G14. All feminised and all auto flowers.

Anyways, I'm gonna start on these as soon as this grow is done, I've never "flowered" a plant since I've only grown autos before, so let's see what happens. .

Nice!!

Which site did you order from?? did it ship to india?
or bought them on ur trip to europe?

Alright so till my lights arrive, i ran another test yesterday.

I took some of my organic potting mix soil + added 20% perlite to it for a bit more aeration/water retention. My aim was to measure the PPM of the runoff from this soil.

Now, i put some in a cup and watered the soil till i got runoff, and the PPM Meter showed a reading of about 3000 PPM! after i flushed it a few more times the runoff kept dropping in PPMs

This soil is a mix of washed and sterilised coco-peat and organic "Phased" fertilisers. I've learned that Phased fertilisers are also called Slow-Release fertilisers, and basically they release the nutes over time right? now are my plants really absorbing 3000 PPMs all at once or does the soil "slowly release" PPMs into water as and when they're watered?

what i'm wondering is, should i wait to i see if i need to use my 3 Part Nutrients right away? maybe the soil's already got enough ferts for now? and if i see any deficiency, i could then start with a very weak strength nute solution?

I did a soilless coco-perlite grow in my college days, with water soluble nutrients and runoff at 800-1000ppm during the first 2 weeks. And went till 1400ppm thereafter in veg. Flowered with 1800ppm and plain water the last week before harvest.. Had nice fat buds. That was a feminized white widow though. Not sure about the demands of landrace bagseeds and soil grows.. I had the problem of overwatering in soil and had bad root rots. Never tried soil ever since.

Btw u said you are gonna be doing a SOG. Any plans of germinating more bag seeds? I have friends in northern part of india, who had great success doing 12/12 sog grow from bagseed with 150 W of CFLs. They germinated 9 seeds and had 6 females. they had a decent harvest of around 40gms dried after 3 months from seed. I feel 2 plants are too less going into your grow. i would suggest germinate some more and put them in 12/12 directly after ur lights come.

Green parrot delivers to india??

Yes they do deliver, i got my seeds within a week! :)

i'm gonna sprout a few more bagseed and i think i'll be able to fit in about 4-6 plants for the SOG attempt. i'll wait for plants to get about 2-4 nodes tall and then force them into flowering right away. I know bagseed is a hit-or-miss kinda deal, but i wanna try anyway, just to see how good this stuff could be if you can grow it yourself and not buy nasty shit from shady sources.

i've got high quality autos with me as a backup, which i will grow later. but first, i'd love to see what this bagseed attempt brings, just for my satisfaction :p .

how was the bagseed stuff your friend grew? was it way better than what we generally buy? i'd love to know.

and regarding your grow back in college, did you water ur plants with nutes every time? or was it every other time? how often did u flush them for avoiding salt-buildup?

In the initial week it was plain water with sprays for applying nutes..
We then proceeded by adding nutes to the water as per the ppm i mentioned earlier..
Always measured the ppm of runoff too.. If its going high we did a flush.. Flowering had no problem of salt buildup. During veg we did flushing once every 5-7days depending on the ppm of runoff.. In flowering we flushed only once, even though the runoff was steady around 1800-2000ppm... Had some strange spots on leaves in one of the plants... we were not sure of the reason... but it was just one of the 5 plants...So dint worry much... It just magically recovered on its own... Had problem of insects though... just dilute some neem oil and spray it on the ladies whenever you find any bugs around...

yes definitely better than the stuff on the streets.. the stuff on the streets is improperly cured and many of the times infested by mold.
Potency doesnt change but the quality of smoke definitely does.. light years ahead..
In pune the stuff on the street is properly cured. atleast the one i used to get..

Alright so this gives me enough motive to go ahead with this grow, cause the main thing I care about is clean stuff, which smokes well, and is free of pesticide and adulterants and other things which make the stuff really harsh.

Thanks for ur info man .

And all the watering was for coco.. soil is a different beast..
the nutes and fertilizers we get in ind are so generic... cant really predict much..
coco was fun and easy.. especially with auto fem seeds... you really cant overwater with coco or overfeed if you measure runoff...
i will definitely be doing a coco bagseed grow next year..
i am thinking of going with hydro wick system for watering cos i myt need to move around cities a bit for work.. and the herbs may have to survive unattended for days...

sure man..
i am really looking forward how ur grow turns out..
also how the LEDs pan out...

btw which city are u based in??

Back
Top Bottom