South Indian Sativa LED SOG Experiment

Greetings, Hasnain. I've been following a bit and thought I should come in out of the shadows. :)

First, some off-topic questions about that photo of your PVC light stand. Is that a wall outlet and lightswitch in one? Is that a common arrangement in India, and are they always placed so low?

On topic, I'd suggest that you put your clear plastic cups inside red plastic cups. Roots don't like light. And I don't see any but I'd presume you have drainage holes in the plastic cups, right?

Greetings, Hasnain. I've been following a bit and thought I should come in out of the shadows. :)

First, some off-topic questions about that photo of your PVC light stand. Is that a wall outlet and lightswitch in one? Is that a common arrangement in India, and are they always placed so low?

On topic, I'd suggest that you put your clear plastic cups inside red plastic cups. Roots don't like light. And I don't see any but I'd presume you have drainage holes in the plastic cups, right?

Hey man thanks for tuning in.

Regarding the light stand : nope that's not a common arrangement, that's just a regular wall outlet with some switches (some of those switches were for other room lights, not grow related)

Regarding my current grow : the plastic cups are long gone; I've transplanted from those plastic cups to fabric smartpots. I'm gonna be posting an update in about with new pics.

Thanks for reading!

Maybe I wasn't clear. The light stand is incidental to the question. I know that wall outlet isn't grow related. I'm wondering if that is a common placement in India. An outlet and switches at thigh level is so different from my experiences, and I've traveled extensively. I've been from Chang Mia to Malaysia, to Burma before it became Myanmar, to Cambodia (well, almost. got arrested before I could get into the country), all over Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan. I've never seen anything like it. It's like an outlet and light switch for a midget. :)

Basically I want to know if I wake up in a room and don't remember where the hell I am and I see that type of wall switch, is it safe to assume that I'm in India? Kerala is on the travel plans.

Alright guys here's the update:

Day 31

The 2 surviving plants are beginning to recover well. Leaves have become bigger and they've also become more "waxier".

Just to remind you, these are bagseeds of a landrace, so there will be a lot of variation in growth from one plant to another I guess. Maybe the three plants which died were treated well but they just died coz they were not superior enough, that's always gonna be a point worth noting.

I've also germinated 4 more bagseeds and I've planted them in cocopeat plugs, just waiting for them to pop out.

2 days back I flushed the plants with drinking water till I got a good amount of runoff, I measured the runoff of both plants and they were both similar. 3000ish PPM and ph of 6.5ish

Now I was told not to worry too much about the PPM of the runoff coz this is an organic potting mix with slow release ferts, so yeah if that's true then it's all good. I have noticed a slight burn on the tips of the leaves, so I'll have a close watch. If anyone knows what I should do; please let me know.

Here are some stats: after I flushed my plants (2 days back), both the pots weighed about 2kg. I filled another pot with just dry soil and it weighed about 700grams, so basically the soil in the watered pots are 3 times the original dry weight. If I was using weight as a guideline, at what point should I water the plants again?

I've switched from CFLs to LEDs now, using four 30watt LEDs hanging 1.5 feet above. The plants seem to like them.

I'm still waiting for my main LED Light to reach, its held at Customs, should be cleared soon, fingers crossed.

Here are some pics:-

Both plants under LED bulbs
420-magazine-mobile415846879.jpg

Plant 1
420-magazine-mobile1424258250.jpg

Plant 2
420-magazine-mobile628285492.jpg

Thanks for all the inputs so far, once my main lights come, the real deal begins then!

Stay tuned!

Maybe I wasn't clear. The light stand is incidental to the question. I know that wall outlet isn't grow related. I'm wondering if that is a common placement in India. An outlet and switches at thigh level is so different from my experiences, and I've traveled extensively. I've been from Chang Mia to Malaysia, to Burma before it became Myanmar, to Cambodia (well, almost. got arrested before I could get into the country), all over Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan. I've never seen anything like it. It's like an outlet and light switch for a midget. :)

Basically I want to know if I wake up in a room and don't remember where the hell I am and I see that type of wall switch, is it safe to assume that I'm in India? Kerala is on the travel plans.

lol... my well travelled friend, that socket is just placed that way, it's got nothing to do with specific Indian standards :p

and hey, Kerala is an amazing place, make sure you go there! check out the houseboats in Kumarakom and Allapey.

Just out of curiosity Hasnain, how easy is it to get good Cannabis is India ? I practically live on Indian food and love Cricket, I want to come and see either the IPL or some Test Matches and of course some of wonderful culture that India is famous for. I was suprised to see you talking about buds when India is so famous for Hash.

Just out of curiosity Hasnain, how easy is it to get good Cannabis is India ? I practically live on Indian food and love Cricket, I want to come and see either the IPL or some Test Matches and of course some of wonderful culture that India is famous for. I was suprised to see you talking about buds when India is so famous for Hash.

Well yes Hash is famous here.. but good hash comes from good bud right, so we've obviously got good stuff growing in the hills, but I live in South India, in Chennai.. Home of the Chennai Super Kings, sure you know that .. I'm a big cricket fan myself and my fav. Team is Australia!! (How patriotic right...? .)

So here in South India we get this strain called Mysore Mango, which I think is the best stuff available in South India. But... it's only available at a certain point every year, coz it grows best during that time, that's what the weed farmers and dealers say.

Almost 60-70% of the time you get stuff which isn't grown well, or which isn't cured well.. too many seeds and stems.. airy buds.. etc.... sometimes you could get lucky can hit the jackpot..

I love hash, but I love Bud even more. .

That's awesome! What did u grow and what was your setup?

Thanks! I just grew a few bag seed plants and they managed to make it and so far are turning out to be pretty good weed. I use Coco and Advanced Nutrient line for Nutrients. I'm using marshydro 300 but started them with a couple CFL plant lights...then outside...then back inside when it got cold and basically everything you could do wrong or have a problem with I did and had! Lol.check out my journal if your interested, I'll be starting a new one for this new grow. . happy growing
420-magazine-mobile1571880707.jpg
420-magazine-mobile368940472.jpg

I am suprised to hear you follow Australia !! Having said that, so do I and I am originally from N.Ireland - so I get it !
Most weed that is sold by people who don't grow it is pretty awful, its often harvested too early and grown simply for a quick profit. When you get buds that have been tended by someone who really cares, the difference is like night and day.
Good luck with your grow, with that LED and your CFL's too you should get a good result, just be patient and keep them well fed and give them lots of light and they will be fine. I run my lights at 20/4 and they love it, Autos can be given 24/0 if you really want to, but I like to think a bit of dark does them good.
India did well against New Zealand, they are a great ODI team. I watched that match, I watch just about any Cricket on TV. We have the Ashes series here soon, I live near Melbourne, the Boxing Day Test is an incredible thing, 100,000 people at the MCG - almost all baying for English blood its all in good humour and thats what I like about Cricket, it can be very competitive but its not violent. I loved the CPL, that looks like a good holiday, watching Cricket in the Caribbean with the fun of the party atmosphere. If I had the money, I would travel to various countries to watch sporting events !

Hey guys so i'm still a bit confused about this part,

my two plants which are a month old, are growing in a soil which has coco peat and organic slow release ferts... now can i add nutes to this soil, or will the soil have enough for the plants? like i said earlier, when i ran a PPM test after flushing the soil, the runoff showed about 3000 PPM! but the plants seem to be growing well now...the growth doesnt seem to be stunted anymore.. i do see a very slight burn on the tips... so i'm a bit confused now..

bottom line is, can i feed nutes to the plants or should i just let the slow release ferts in the soil do it's work?

i've also got 4 plants which have broken out of cocopeat rootplugs, and i'm gonna be using a different soil which is ONLY cocopeat for these 4, so it's got no slow release ferts in it... and i'll have a better command over the nutes these 4 plants will feed on. so theres not gonna be much complications there..

please let me know what u think of the first 2 plants??

thanks!

Here's another quick pic:-

My one month old plants (A and B)
And in front of them my new babies (1, 2, 3 and 4)

Once my main LED reaches, I'm gonna flower then. This will be a nice experiment as A and B are a month older than 1,2,3 and 4.

A and B are seeds rom Chennai and 1234 are seeds from Bangalore.

I'm interested in seeing how many of these bagseeds will be female.

Also, if someone could reply to my previous post, that'd be great!

Thanks and Stay Tuned!

Here are the plants :-
420-magazine-mobile1572049936.jpg
420-magazine-mobile600517311.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1761095571.jpg
420-magazine-mobile199778642.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1434480188.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1432294845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2144032705.jpg

Looking good H! As far as adding more nutes to the bigger girls I would feed them and respond to their reactions. Build up slowly. The plants don't look burnt so I think your good to feed a little. Just don't get carried away and listen to the girl's they'll show you what they need.

Back
Top Bottom