Sparks Pops Beans Indoors, In Soil, Under Boards: 'Bout Time!

Day 21 for the Jellybreathe bx1, Burnt Toast, and Royale w/ Cheese. Day 1 for Meat the Cookies × ChemDD in the bottom right corner.

Whats happening Sparks?

Nice group you have going there.

Thanks Bob. I like 'em too. :) Been kinda lagging on popping new seeds though. Home situation is up in the air right now. But knowing me...I'll probably just pop em either way and continue to roll with the punches as I usually do.
But since I have your attention, maybe you can help me out. Been finding little white spots on my leaves. Flower and veg. Bummer. I usually hit my plants regularly with Safers soap, and rotate with SNS 217, and SNS PC insecticide through veg up until first week past flip to 12/12. Been working great, or so I thought. Been seeing white spots again. Honestly, I'm not sure if its thrips or mites. But now my girls are at week 5 of 12/12 and I'm definitely not putting anything on them. But can u recommend a good IPM regimen? I'm indoors in tents in a small apartment. Don't know how I'm getting bugs. But there are trees and plants all around my place, and windows are left open when warm. So more and more lately in the summer months. I grow in a Coot style kit from buildasoil. So my mix has neem/karana mixed in. I clean/disinfect my tents with a mild bleach solution between runs. But I must be missing something. Maybe I need to pull plants and set off some foggers...I dunno. SMH.
Any tips?

White spots are likely mites.

I have them now. They like hot and dry - since it doesn't rain inside and summer time - its the heat.

I use spinosad. It's a bacteria - you can spray your flowers up to the day before harvest with no problems. It's organic - OK for organic produce for human consumption.

The mites can get out of hand pretty quick.

What you were using is hard on flowers likely why you don't wanna use that on them.

Basically any oils or soaps are gonna burn the pistols even a light mix is enough.

Spinosad works but you have to spray every 3 days for a month. Thats how you get rid of them with anything really. There's a life cycle on the mites. We have to break that cycle. Starts with the adult egg laying fvcks. Kill them, then kill the larvae after they hatch...keep on it until they gone, its a circle.

Here's what I use:
Montery Garden Spray - 1 tbs per gal water just for IPM no infestation.

3 tbs per gallon water with infestation. Thats the normal amount on the label.

This is what I use 1 x weekly @ 1 tbs or 2-3 times weekly @ 3 tbs with mites.

It will get rid of any/all insects.

I add in Pro-tekt and ful-power along with the garden spray.

Here's Monterey LG6150 Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad Concentrate 16oz

1666043548541.png

You need a decent sprayer if you don't have one this is 1 I've been using for years. Just gotta keep it clean after each use. 5 minutes rinse and drain easy enough.

1666043571710.png

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I believe them to be mites too. Thanks for the helpful hints and link. Already purchased. Should be here in a couple of days. And I have some ful-power already. No pro-tekt, but I have armor si. What do you think Bob? Should be ok? Or should I only use the Monterey and the ful-power, without the Armor Si (silica)?

Photo dump! Hahaha!

Sparks your plants look awesome GREAT job.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I believe them to be mites too. Thanks for the helpful hints and link. Already purchased. Should be here in a couple of days. And I have some ful-power already. No pro-tekt, but I have armor si. What do you think Bob? Should be ok? Or should I only use the Monterey and the ful-power, without the Armor Si (silica)?

You can use the Armor Si <spit> not a fan of General Hydroponics as they are owned by Scotts/Monsanto/Bayer.

Brought to us by the same companies that brought us Agent Orange and Round-up and heroin. Those dang jungles are still alive but the people that were exposed well not so much.

Go easy on the Armour Si.

Armour Si - Silicic acid (H4SiO4) and Potassium Salt at concentrations 10-30%
(Silica + Potassium Chloride).

The Pro-tekt I use is Potassium Silicate 15-35%

Here's an interesting read on Potassium.

Potassium and Flowering | The Story of Flowers | Adam Dimech

Sparks your plants look awesome GREAT job.

You can use the Armor Si <spit> not a fan of General Hydroponics as they are owned by Scotts/Monsanto/Bayer.

Brought to us by the same companies that brought us Agent Orange and Round-up and heroin. Those dang jungles are still alive but the people that were exposed well not so much.

Go easy on the Armour Si.

Armour Si - Silicic acid (H4SiO4) and Potassium Salt at concentrations 10-30%
(Silica + Potassium Chloride).

The Pro-tekt I use is Potassium Silicate 15-35%

Here's an interesting read on Potassium.

Potassium and Flowering | The Story of Flowers | Adam Dimech
Thanks Bob! I'm always grateful for the knowledge that you bring to the table.

I'm great on a lot of useless information. Ask me to remember where I was yesterday and I get lost. lol

Silica I take pretty serious tho. We have a lot of it in our native soil here where we live. I collect worm castings in the woods and horsetail fern. Both are very high in silica. The EWC I collect wild crafting actually sparkles its go so much silica in it.

We live on and extinct volcano and there's places in the woods with some serious geologic formations. They are very very old like 300-500 million years old so all the goodness is breaking down and in the soil.

Here's a good read if yer interested in that sort of thing.
There's some big assed trees old growth too.

W live walking distance to this place.

https://msaag.aag.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/6_Gasiorowski.pdf

Lol! As I said before..."a wealth of knowledge. "
I "always appreciate " when you stop by. And I know I've been lagging a little lately (or alot) on my journal (apologies to you all- been working 12-14 hour days in construction- not as young as I used to be) and yet, you still stop on by to check up on me. Many thanks to Bobrown! And thanks to any and all of you who've been tagging along. I'll post some pics and stuff either tomorrow, or the next day. Girls are coming up on 7 weeks.....I think. Getting close for the Royale w/Cheese.
Anywho- always grateful for the tips Bob. Talk to you again soon, I hope.
But for now I'm off to work!
"....I owe, I owe....so off to work I go....."
*walks off whistling like one of the seven dwarfs *

Ok. So I did cut 3 of the 4 plants down last weekend. Need to upload the pics. But I'm at worksite right now and the signal is terrible. Will have to be later on this evening.
Also, I have clones of all strains still, but still haven't popped anything new. So I'll either pop a couple new ones and run Jellybreathe bx1, and Royale w/Cheese again with 2 new feminized beans to make for four total girls.
Or maybe one more run of clones first, then pop the new beans...
....ah, decisions...decisions.
I will be updating you all this evening.

Well hello everyone! Been awhile, I know. So for the last pics that were never uploaded or posted, they never will be. That camera (phone) was lost/stolen and cannot be recovered. So that's that for the old grow.
Now for an update...
I've got 3 more plants just flipped to flower 12/12 today. So should get interesting soon. I'll upload some pics...not the best...but I'll be taking some more tomorrow. Fair enough? Good.
I've got two plants from CSI Humboldt "Sweet Pink Stink" (Bubblegum ×Purple Urkle), and Three Queens-(Wifi#43 ×Bubba Kush), and I also have a Glittlez ×Galactic Glue from a buddy on IG.
Also have a Sugar Black Rose from Delicious Seeds that was popped/germinated at the same time, but it was a runt or mutant, and didnt grow well. Almost tossed it in the trash but figured what the heck, ya know. Maybe it'll just make a miniature plant/bud. But now within the last week or so, it seems to be taking off and doing much better. So I'm going to hold off on her for a other couple of weeks and then she'll join the other three.
So that's where we're at for now. Apologies to all you fine folks that dedicated your time and thoughts while chiming in on my journal. But ol' Sparky boy might just still pull the ol' rabbit out of the hat just yet!

Good to see you back brother! GL with this round!

Thanks Bob! Glad to see that I didnt fully scare you away or run ya off. :) Yeah, its good to be back! Been almost a year since I've had anything going on in the flower tent. Feels good...I had stopped because of a new job and working 12-14 days! Didn't have time to even scratch my ass! Lol! But now with this pandemic ...well, I guess I've got more than enough time on my hands now.
Just took some clones and more pics. I'll be uploading a lil later on this evening.
Thanks again for stopping by and me to keep this journal alive.
Almost forgot, wanted to thank you again for the tip you gave me at the end of my last flower cycle for beating them damn mites. That Monterey spray worked wonders! Then with the down time, I've all but eradicated my mite problem. So just thought I'd mention that real quick.

Enjoy the ride brother you be back to the rat race soon enough.

Starting to see more traffic and we in the middle of no where-ville.

Edit:
Mites.... I just had Hemp Mites. Had to burn and start over

Thanks Bob! Glad to see that I didnt fully scare you away or run ya off. :) Yeah, its good to be back! Been almost a year since I've had anything going on in the flower tent. Feels good...I had stopped because of a new job and working 12-14 days! Didn't have time to even scratch my ass! Lol! But now with this pandemic ...well, I guess I've got more than enough time on my hands now.
Just took some clones and more pics. I'll be uploading a lil later on this evening.
Thanks again for stopping by and me to keep this journal alive.
Almost forgot, wanted to thank you again for the tip you gave me at the end of my last flower cycle for beating them damn mites. That Monterey spray worked wonders! Then with the down time, I've all but eradicated my mite problem. So just thought I'd mention that real quick.

Meant to say been working 12-14 days.....

Back
Top Bottom