Split Stalk - Can it be saved? Pics

I've found this method clones taken in flower are more vigorous in growth and branching. Of course it's the sample plant with the same genes. A quick reveg of the clone and you have a clone ready to explode.
The ones i took in flower were 3 weeks past pistils so I'm looking forward to seeing what I get.

Mad branching on that plant in your pic :thumb: , but I would imagine with that many buds sites they'd mostly be pretty small. ??

Found this from an old post elsewhere. Not sure how far along they are here. It was a long time ago. After this grow I started clearing out a lot of leaf to expose more light into the screen. I remember this grow getting out of hand...what a problem to have..lol

Screenshot_20231124-164959.png

I'd get so much branching they could quickly overgrow a space.
I have read this 3 times and still not fallowing what process you are doing. Are you saying you take cuttings in flower to clone (not unusual), causing you get more lateral branches? You then posted pictures of plants you repeatedly topped from seed? Am I missing something?
Have you done this to a plant after the second generation? causation vs correlation. A clone always has more lateral branches than the seed grown plant. No matter how or when you take a clone of a clone they will grow to be the same shape. When you cut only determines how long it takes to get there.

I figure they take the cutting then because that is when they realize that they actually have a healthy plant;) and that they should have started the cloning process several weeks earlier.:)
some folk can tell if they have an exceptional pheno by that time and concentrate on those. otherwise there's no real reason not to take a cutting earlier.
I am thinking more along the lines of the new growers who are on their first, second or sometimes third grow and have realized that they can successfully grow something. They take a photo of their buds which look like marbles glowing in the dark because they are already two weeks past the stage of the first stigma/pistils developing.

Then they say that they are ready to start taking cuttings and getting clones so they can grow the same plant over and over. To make the situation even more interesting they admit they have never ever tried to get a cutting to root.

Rooting success rate drops and veg time increases the latter you take a cutting. The clone is still a genetic twin to the mother. They both have the same growth predisposition and response to growth manipulation.
This that Sativa1970 mentions. I have found it is easier to get the cuttings to root if they were taken before the flowering hormones have started to flow while at the same time the vegetating and root growth hormones have been reduced. Especially so if the environment in the grow area is not optimal for rooting.

Take the cutting while the plant is still in a full force root growth stage and the success rate seems to be much higher. As soon as I have a couple of rooted cuttings successfully transplanted at least once the mother can go into the flowering tent.

I'm pretty brutal with my girls. Twisting and cavorting my way through many grows in the past. Sometimes inflicting damage on purpose. Most strains respond very well to stress. I look at it this way. A tree falls on a cannabis plant in the wild. She simply recovers and grows around the obstruction while repairing along the way. They aren't indestructible but they are very hardy plants.
I agree.

one thing i would look at.
The string you used for your net your find alot of the fibres in your sticky bud IF your not careful.
I find nylon string works better.
The plant looks fine tbh. :)
That is interesting your comment about the scrog net string. I just started using this because I figured string made of hemp would be natural. Unless somebody says otherwise, I will take your advice and thank you. I also took yours and others advice and did nothing to the split damage. Here are some new pics.

IMG_20231215_095214.jpg

IMG_20231215_095315.jpg

oops, wrong plant. Here's that one.

IMG_20231215_095321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom