Split Stalk - Can it be saved? Pics

I've used pliers to crush stubborn stems. Crush crush bend over baby. Once they repair growth above that knuckle usually explodes with growth. Like I mentioned I do it on purpose sometimes..lol BDSM bud

it's called super cropping.

I know that's what folks call it. I've always associated super cropping with flowering clones and all that mad branching which can produce some huge plants.
I always refered to simple bending and slight damage to LST or in most of my cases..Heavy Stress Training..lol

I guess we all look at it different but get results.
That one's actually called Monstercropping.

That one's actually called Monstercropping.

monster cropping is when you partially harvest then reveg the original plant for a second harvest.

edit : pulled the wrong quote.

I know that's what folks call it. I've always associated super cropping with flowering clones and all that mad branching which can produce some huge plants.

now it's following me lol

I guess ya could do it that way Ive found regeneration of a clone is much easier and faster. If taken at least two weeks or more into actual flowering.

that's just regular cloning. monster cropping involves a whole plant with established root structure.

that's just regular cloning. monster cropping involves a whole plant with established root structure.
Do you think that a clone from a flowering plant won't have the bushiness characteristic of flowered plants that get revegged? That's what I'm testing out right now, but my clones are just newly rooted.

Okay, I stand corrected. I am guilty of label fraud..lol. Whatever the method used they both produce beautiful plants. One has an advantage and the other doesn't. Theres a larger window in reveg of a harvested plant. Clones rooted, ready , and growing in 1/3 of the time.

Lots of ways to create monsters. Flowering clones are not the norm when taking clones. Most do not do that. Most clones I see taken here on site are from folks topping their plant or harvesting from a mother. To me that is normal cloning.

Do you think that a clone from a flowering plant won't have the bushiness characteristic of flowered plants that get revegged? That's what I'm testing out right now, but my clones are just newly rooted.

usually they revert to an earlier stage then branch like a normal clone. monster cropping needs the roots and more of the plant present.

it can happen if your clone turns around fast enough but is not common.

One has an advantage and the other doesn't. Theres a larger window in reveg of a harvested plant. Clones rooted, ready , and growing in 1/3 of the time.

monster cropping is not cloning. you don't take a cutting. the whole plant is used.

monster cropping is originally a pre-legal underground commercial practice. we used it to avoid having to replant and then veg the plant to a decent size before flip. you can save on inputs, but sometimes the time to turn the plant around negated the advantages.

Most do not do that. Most clones I see taken here on site are from folks topping their plant or harvesting from a mother. To me that is normal cloning.

clones taken in flower will often require double the time to root and retake as clones taken in veg. they then need to be grown to a harvest size again.

the most common practice is to take them at 2wks past flip, before bud set happens. it's the most common time folk lollipop and do final defol in the flower run.

clones taken at this time usually don't have to turn around, and root in as quickly as a cutting taken in veg. the further you get in to bud set, the longer the time frame to revert and root in.

I figure they take the cutting then because that is when they realize that they actually have a healthy plant and that they should have started the cloning process several weeks earlier.

some folk can tell if they have an exceptional pheno by that time and concentrate on those. otherwise there's no real reason not to take a cutting earlier.

also a 2wk defol after flip is pretty standard across the board for several training and grow styles. just makes it convenient to grab them at that time.

another reason is time/space. i've had 120 day flower period plants. a clone taken 2wks in is going to be a monster by the time there is room to have it flower. i've had several clone plants go bigger than the original on long running sativas due to time stalled in veg waiting for the others to finish.

I run up to 3 strains on perpetual grows for years before shuffling in new genetics, taking clone cuttings monthly. When, you take your cutting for perpetual, is the key to maintaining a flowing schedule. Most of my cuttings are from 2 weeks before to 2 weeks after the flip. I have taken the first branch all the way to 2 weeks before harvest. It makes no difference in the cloned plants final growth. Rooting success rate drops and veg time increases the latter you take a cutting. The clone is still a genetic twin to the mother. They both have the same growth predisposition and response to growth manipulation.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. They do not typically take longer to root than veg clones.. I take clones in flower. They generate roots and growth just as fast as one taken in veg +- a couple days. It works for me. I've found this method clones taken in flower are more vigorous in growth and branching. Of course it's the sample plant with the same genes. A quick reveg of the clone and you have a clone ready to explode.

flowered_clone.JPG

Oct04007a.JPG

Nov09004.JPG

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. They do not typically take longer to root than veg clones.. I take clones in flower. They generate roots and growth just as fast as one taken in veg +- a couple days. It works for me. I've found this method clones taken in flower are more vigorous in growth and branching. Of course it's the sample plant with the same genes. A quick reveg of the clone and you have a clone ready to explode.

flowered_clone.JPG

Oct04007a.JPG

Nov09004.JPG

i don't actually see any sign of a reveg in there.. there are no smooth or single leaves.

edit : if i reveg or monster crop i can get single leaves the size of palm leaves.

i don't actually see any sign of a reveg in there.. there are no smooth or single leaves.

edit : if i reveg or monster crop i can get single leaves the size of palm leaves.
This is past the clone stage. The leaves you mentioned happen as it flips back into veg. The quickly disappear. I'm showing you the branching of a mature flowering clone. I'll be doing some on my grow journal on the next grow. I've had to start from seed this time.

for reference this is a cutting that revegged back to singles.

full

if i monster crop the singles will be 3 - 4 times that size.

This is past the clone stage. The leaves you mentioned happen as it flips back into veg. The quickly disappear. I'm showing you the branching of a mature flowering clone. I'll be doing some on my grow journal on the next grow. I've had to start from seed this time.
i'll watch for the journal.

i've always found they go back to the classic clone structure with alternating nodes and normal branching. the only time i've had branching like that is on a true monster crop reverting a whole plant with root structure already present.

i'm not sure how you're retaining that structure. suspect it may be related to you running rdwc, but it's only a guess.

Back
Top Bottom