Spouses and your grow

My spouse only said one thing. Don't go crazy! I do have a habit of that. Since I started she will water for me if I can't.

Now the Mom in law who lives with us and is a child of the 30's was leary about it but since she is also a gardener got interested in helping me grow, She will help feed, prune and is facinated by it(Wont use it). The wife likes to look every once in a while but says "When you can grow rum I'll be interested."

Wow never knew rum grew on trees. I guess you`re never too old to learn something. Ha...Ha...Ha.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

the emotional lift from growing it is as good for you as smoking it,and even non smoking retirees are growing for income its great.my dad had 20 plants in a bedroom growing when he died. never grew good bud ,but he just liked growing it. He never smoked a joint in his life.
as for wife , she did not like clone closet, but shes coming around . She has been hitting more joints and even her own sometimes.
I'm 44. Got multiple medical issues and pretty bad PTSD. Started using medical marijuana this year. My wife didn't like the idea but was ok with letting me try it. It helps with so many of my issues and has change my life so much for the positive that she now accepts the idea and the lifestyle that comes with it. She doesn't smoke it at all.

She never minded me buying the stuff, or having it at home. But, for some strange reason she has been very reluctant and absolutely didn't want me growing at home. Anyway, after a while of very subtle coaxing, she finally relented and let me build a box. It's 3'x4'x6' tall. With a 600w MH/HPS. I also built a small clone box. As long as I keep it within reason, she is now supportive of me growing.

At this point, it's pretty much up to me to succeed or do something stupid and ruin a good thing.

If it wasn't for all the positive effects of MMJ growing wouldn't ever be an option for me.

i've had a few grows and a few girlfriends only had one that had a problem. The summer of 2004 i had 56 ladys in my backyard and my girl hated it cause when i got off work i had to tend to em for a hour or so. Now i found the perfect lady she dosent smoke but she dont mind me doin my thing she even helps me work in the garden, she says as long as im happy she is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually getting ready to start a pretty big garden and will see how she like this one im sure i will be way busyer then my prevous gardens.

my wife tends leans towards not enjoying my new endeavor of growing, but at the same time i see her coming around more and more to the idea as the days pass. even let me take over the entire closet!

I was wondering how your spouses feel about your grow?
What surprised me about mine is that he has been incredibly
tolerant. Not one "you shouldn't be doing that!" Or even
suggest I get rid of it. OR maybe after 25 years of marriage,
he knows Im going to do exactly as I please.:)
We both grew up during the 60's and 70's, and both at one time
or another have smoked pot.
Is your spouse just as enthused as you are about your grow?
:Namaste:

My fiance' is waaay cool about my grow and the fact that I smoke like a beast... she also knows that it helps me and my health situation and that Im not gonna get high and crash my car, get into a fight or even worse... get violent with her. She always tells me that she is glad that I smoke... and not drink.

My fiance' is waaay cool about my grow and the fact that I smoke like a beast... she also knows that it helps me and my health situation and that Im not gonna get high and crash my car, get into a fight or even worse... get violent with her. She always tells me that she is glad that I smoke... and not drink.

oops, sorry

My spouse only said one thing. Don't go crazy! I do have a habit of that. Since I started she will water for me if I can't.

Now the Mom in law who lives with us and is a child of the 30's was leary about it but since she is also a gardener got interested in helping me grow, She will help feed, prune and is facinated by it(Wont use it). The wife likes to look every once in a while but says "When you can grow rum I'll be interested."

LMMFAO...Growing Rum! too funny:laughtwo:
Im still trying to grow $100 bills.
The Flyin Hawaiian

when i approached my wife about growing for (desperately needed) extra cash, you would have thought i was asking to start up a meth lab to sell to local school children. to say that she over-reacted would be an understatement. her only point of reference is the show "WEEDS" on showtime. she thinks that local law enforcement, FBI, DEA, and the RUSSIAN MOB are all poised to swoop in on my massive operation (planning 8 plants in a 4x6 room) and ship us all off to guantanamo. so extra super-duper ultra stealth mode is gonna be my mantra until i can convince her that it can be done without Tony Montana and his "lee'l fren" showing up and murdering us in our bed. any and all tips and tricks to help would be greatly appreciated. thanx y'all

when i approached my wife about growing for (desperately needed) extra cash, you would have thought i was asking to start up a meth lab to sell to local school children. to say that she over-reacted would be an understatement. her only point of reference is the show "WEEDS" on showtime. she thinks that local law enforcement, FBI, DEA, and the RUSSIAN MOB are all poised to swoop in on my massive operation (planning 8 plants in a 4x6 room) and ship us all off to guantanamo. so extra super-duper ultra stealth mode is gonna be my mantra until i can convince her that it can be done without Tony Montana and his "lee'l fren" showing up and murdering us in our bed. any and all tips and tricks to help would be greatly appreciated. thanx y'all

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get the spouse to flip in their thinking. If they aren't hip to it, they won't budge. I found that talking about it makes things worse. Just shut up and keep on reading/learning and let them (her) come around on their own. I even printed out the statutes about California's position on it; gave them to her and that didn't help a bit. I doubt that she read all of it, but by taking my time with her, she came around by herself. I really wish I could offer some simple solution but cannot. Maybe if we stop the chatter, the spouse will get curious as to why we abandoned the discussion; cause an increase in curiosity? IDK, I was fortunate in that it only took me 2 years to get her on-board!

well, i'm figuring on just going ahead as planned and building the room in the garage ( which just so happens to be right under our bedroom ). if it's undetectable to her, then i guess that LEO won't be any the wiser either. but if she finds out about it, then i suppose the shit will hit the fan in a very big way ! should be interesting either way.

Actually they do very well under the same conditions as pot. I used miracle grow tomato food for the nuts when I tried
hydro on a tomato plant outside years ago. I've never tried it indoors but have seen some in other forums.

Here is a photo of the plant before it started producing tomatoes. It grew up over the roof and half way down the wall.
Picture_001163.jpg

holy shit ! that monster is growing out of that cat litter bucket ? were they like volleyball size tomatoes ? i see you were doing your part on trying to end world hunger. i guess you would have needed a cathedral ceiling in your grow room, huh ? impressive

My wife has been with me from the beginning. She is especially knowledgable when it comes to defoliating and how the plants will react. After over a decade together almost everything we do is as a team and growing my medicine is no different...what a lucky guy I am
:Namaste:

lol! If I got seed free like that, I wouldn't mind at all. You are right. A seed
is a seed.

A seed is not just a seed. Not trying to start an argument. But there is a major difference in what a bag seed can mean. Yes bag seeds mean they came from a bought bag from someone and you didnt buy them from a store. If your buying (regs) this is most likely when this term was coined due to the high amount of seeds in the bag. BUT if you buy bag of some quality, and you know it never has seeds (meaning youve bought from the same person before, or you bought a large enough amount to only have one or two seeds) your seed is female. and is an exact genetic copy of the plant it was taken from. See, because there was no male plant to actually pollenate the female plants, those seeds wont have the male genetics. And yes anyone whos grown alot or bought alot of weed will tell you, once in a while you get a seed. "mother nature finds a way" so to speak. It IS ALSO true tho that weed is suppose to be unisex, this is only because nothing is 100%. but Seeds that come from bud or any clone or plant that was never pollenated, will have an over 90% chance of being female. IF it matters every single one of my seeds from that situation is female.

Back
Top Bottom