Spouses and your grow

Ive suffered from epilepsy for most of my life, The toxic mix of medications prescribed to me was unreal.
I started smoking MJ at the age of 15 recreationaly(peer pressure, rebellion). I started growing outdoors at 19 yrs old.
when I lost my job in my 20s and couldnt afford that concentrated mix of downers they had been feeding me I turned to MJ
While on my meds I was still an active epileptic having siezures 1,2 times daily. Without the meds and daily doses of MJ my siezure activity reduced significantly down to 1,2 a week. When I met my wife she was absolutley against MJ with the fear of losing the woman of my dreams I gave up the lifestyle and medicine that I beleived to help me and went back on the "prescribed meds" for my epilepsy
As time went on my siezure activity returned to previous levels, My wife had never seen that and reluctantly accepted my MJ usage
years go by my wife developed a mastioblastoma (Tumor) in her jaw and had to have major surgery to remove it as well as part of her Jawbone several teeth and was in massive pain constantly. The obvious thing for the Drs to do was give her high doses of narcotic medications. in 5 yrs she had 3 jaw replacement surgeries and was hooked on oxy,soma,norco,flexidrill, you name it she needed to have it not just for pain but to feed her bodies need for it. After 8 yrs I couldnt take it any longer it was ruining our marriage, she couldnt care for our Children or drive ,talk to anyone and was becoming more and more depressed by the minute. She made the decision to use MJ
for pain control and to cope with withdrawal from all those meds I assured her I would never let her go without her meds and started my outdoor grows. My wife quit all those killer pills in one day and has smoked 4 times daily everyday since then it has been 9 yrs this febuary. Our life is great now my epilepsy is almost non existent and she still controls massive pain and muscle spasms with MJ sucessufully
So Does my wife mind my adventurous out door grows NO I just recently started growing indoors and she supports this as well and I can see that she is reassured that she will never go without what we both consider to be the plant that saved our lives and our marriage.

Mutt I feel you bro . unfortenatly I live in a stste run by tight assed republicans, so I cant let my wife feel the pride and enjoyment of putting it down and growing some kick ass pot.. the house and property are in her name and shes not a good liar , so if shem has to tell them people that "no i dont know whats in that room , its my husbands workshop and its off limits to me " she wont be lying. Its a shame too , i love her and she would it !!!

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but if LEO finds your grow, it can seriously fuck up your day

Teacher and her husband charged with growing marijuana « The Chronicle-Telegram - Lorain County's leading news source

Teacher resigned before pot conviction « The Chronicle-Telegram - Lorain County's leading news source

I feel so bad for these folks, and can't help but think someone sold them out.

Don't Tell and Don't Sell is my mantra, but sometimes shit happens that is beyond your control. Fire is a bigger concern to me than LEO.

Thank you for sharing that. It is unfortunate that your wife had to go through what she had to, to understand the miraculous aspects this beautiful "weed" affords, but "all's well that ends well" and you two are testament to the miracles MJ gives away each and every day! Perhaps your story will help another soul sitting in the same boat you were in a short time ago...

spouse? yep, had one of those once an a good friend took her (and my migraines) of my hands. I come from a sharing society.

Me too; me too. I had a spouse once too. You see, I owe my freedom to Alcohol. It took my blues away a long time ago... Thank God for Alcohol...

My wife supports my growing, mostly due to the financial benefits it will eventually provide. When we met many many years ago, I was not an active smoker. When I started smoking again, she didn't like it. Of course I wanted to know what the objection was. She acknowledged that she could see I benefited from using it, but her objection was because it was illegal. I'm in WA state, so now it's legal. Her opinions had been slowly changing over the years anyway. She had never been exposed to the MJ sub-culture. Her social circle just didn't include any smokers (that she knew of). She now has many friends that use MJ and has found that many of her oldest friends also use. She just never knew. Realizing this has helped shift her thinking about MJ. In 2011, we hiked the PCT together. There is a LOT of weed on the trail, so her exposure went up significantly! It's these experiences that have helped make her realize that all that BS the media tried to feed us about MJ is a load of crap.

I had already started building my basement before the election, so that really didn't go into the decision making process. She got on board when I assured her that it could be done in way nobody would every know we are growing. She still has her fears of LEO raiding the house, but it's not a real big concern. She understands the saying "loose lips sink ships", and is committed to 100% secrecy. I have told a total of 3 people. One is the buddy that will be acting as my broker. The other 2 are both long time (15+ years) friends that live in another state. Before I started anything, I knew these 3 people would know. She has told one long time friend in another state. Including her and I, there are a total of 6 people that know what's going on in our basement. Secrecy = security.

She does not smoke. She has tried it, but said it burns her throat when smoking. I made some edibles for her and it definitely affected her strongly. :rofl: I think MJ would help a couple conditions she suffers from, but she is still holding on to the stigma our media has created against MJ. I'm hoping that a vaporizer and the edibles will help her come around. Even if she never starts smoking regularly, I'm a very lucky man!

:Namaste:

My husband has pretty much settled down when it comes to my grow. I told him tonight
that he would have to get his crap out of the greenhouse, because I was going to use it
to grow my last three 8 Ball Kush in it this spring. All he said was ok.
Do you think putting a lock on the greenhouse door would be too obvious to someone who
might snoop? Not that someone would. But you never know.

My husband has pretty much settled down when it comes to my grow. I told him tonight
that he would have to get his crap out of the greenhouse, because I was going to use it
Do you think putting a lock on the greenhouse door would be too obvious to someone who

I think it's obvious that you SHOULD have a lock given what's inside. :)
Would it appear suspicious? To who?

I would def put a lock on the greenhouse door. I would also put bubble wrap up on the glass so no one can see into your greenhouse. If you are in a state where growing is illegal you need to keep what you are doing as secret as possible. Don't think for a moment that some random person who happens to stumble upon your grow wouldn't call LEO or rob you. Sadly, some people are just dicks.

https://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/02/24/joannabanana/a81da2.jpg

JMO

Actually my greenhouse looks more like a shed. My brother and I built it like 15-20 years
ago, and we used the corrigated fiberglass panels. So you really can't see inside of it.
It needs some work. Its got moss growing on the roof, I need to trim the peach tree its
under for more light, tho I don't think thats going to be a problem.
I was so enthused about having a greenhouse when we first built it, and had every intention
of using it as such, but you know how that goes.:blushsmile:

I've owed my life to her since we met. Bad downwardspiral I lived after closed head injury resulting in 2 week coma to awake with no short term memory of accident.Weeks later, Came home feeling top of the world but each day was a step down from the pedistal . The pills only made more problems that the docs gave. We were both rec users before meeting and shortly after marriage I finally realized the medicine part of it and how more stable and good I felt with use. She noticed to when money was tight and Mj was absent too long. The biggest issue with getting the card was we were starting a family and its still Illegal Federally. I already had a green thumb, sometimes embarassing, like gabage pickn some bathtubs and filling with soil for veggies and many other off placed garden beds around the yard. She has zero gardening skills and sad to say, little interest. I had offered an idea as for her to be my caregiver. Well basically the title but more as CEO on keeping laws followed. I get the therapy from growing and do feel much better by sticking to the rules because who isnt paranoid of a Raid and what comes after it. Now if need be she can get meds for me with same rights I have Oh and she can have a supply stored seperately for me curing than the meds I have access too in case I run out. Still working on not running out in between harvests with the goal of consistent cured medicine. You cant just stop taking scrip pills for a couple weeks without noticing withdrawals and bad thoughts. Medical marijauna is great for inconsistincies like that on me, snd No addictionwithdrawals for me with my situation, and Especially without the many known and unknown side effects pills can offer like the ones that had me get checked in. Getting ready to renew for 3rd year, like about 2 stable years no pills /admittings and we wernt able to start growing untill may last year, money saved now along with knowing what Im smoking. :green_heart:

Roly You will love greenhouse growing.Built mine 2 years ago.Your in a legal state,like me. But it probably has to be locked and secure.My wife was not a pot smoker till I grew some good stuff. lol now I find her roaches. Good luck.
Actually my greenhouse looks more like a shed. My brother and I built it like 15-20 years
ago, and we used the corrigated fiberglass panels. So you really can't see inside of it.
It needs some work. Its got moss growing on the roof, I need to trim the peach tree its
under for more light, tho I don't think thats going to be a problem.
I was so enthused about having a greenhouse when we first built it, and had every intention
of using it as such, but you know how that goes.:blushsmile:

I was wondering how your spouses feel about your grow?
What surprised me about mine is that he has been incredibly
tolerant. Not one "you shouldn't be doing that!" Or even
suggest I get rid of it. OR maybe after 25 years of marriage,
he knows Im going to do exactly as I please.:)
We both grew up during the 60's and 70's, and both at one time
or another have smoked pot.
Is your spouse just as enthused as you are about your grow?
:Namaste:

Yeah she's pretty tolerant BUT, lol it's hard when I have to be gone and we can't spend as much time together or she has to take all the kids to the store cause I'm not available to help. Must fill yall in though my show is at a remote 40 acre ranch where I am growing in my cabin and its still not completely finished or the way it will be so there are alot more hours than normal being put in. Overall I have to give her an A- for her tolerance. To Be Totally Honest, I am very pleased with the amount of slack she gives me on the old chocker and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Roly poly i feel like you do, me and my wife have been married for a few years now and when we first met i was afraid to even tell her i smoked pot. after a few months of dating i finally let it slip and after a lot of anti pot n drug talk she just said oh okay well atleast you arnt selling it or GROWING IT then about 8mo later she needs a place to stay! Uhoh now i gotta tell her not only do i smoke it. But i grow it too. so i do and this time she is a lil un happy she seemed to get over it quick and never has said anything more . but now it is a lil diff its been a few years i have moved up a lot and now have lots of crazy cool plants she likes not just mj and she really likes to come watxh me grow them she claims she dosnt have a green thumb so she won't let me teach her but i think it a lil deeper

It is so funny you say that bozzo cuz i swear i a found a few roaches i don't remember smoking in places i don't smoke and thought man i need to slow down it never even occured to me my wife may jave become a closet smoker now i gotta start. weighing out my stash all the time just too see lol

My fiance wasnt really onboard but once we purchased our own house she was totally kewl with it. She doesnt burn and im a med card holder but she supports me 100%.!!!!!! I gotta good one......and 7 beautiful girls lop

Back
Top Bottom