Spouses and your grow

When I met my fiance she was a teacher, and subject to random testing on a regular basis. She had never smoked herself, and her only real experience with it was an old boyfriend that had been a real slacker-stoner-loser. He just wanted to sit on the couch and play video games and get stoned all day long. Since he was so busy getting high, he figured she could do all the work and support not only his lazy a$$, but also support his habit, which was about a $20 sack a day.
Now she knew when she contacted me on a dating site that I was a non-card carrying MMP, and was cautious about getting too involved until she saw my usage, which at the time was pretty minimal. I mostly just smoked some when I was in an insomnia cycle, a hit or two to get to sleep, or when I was experiencing a FM flair-up. I had, in the past, had a card for a year, but my condition improved enough that no longer needed enough to bother with a card.
So we agreed that I would only keep small amounts at home, and it would always be stored and consumed out in the garage. She was still skeptical about it being medicine, but had seen that I wasn't a slacker just cause I smoked too much dope, so she was OK with the occasional use.
Fast forward about a year and a half, after I had a rather traumatic brain injury that screwed up my whole metabolism and endocrine system. I had run up over two million in medical bills over a one year period, and was taking several medications that were very expensive. I began slowly increasing my usage, and she saw an immediate improvement. We were also going through a financial crisis, and she had been hearing my son (also a patient and grower) talking about how much he was making growing the max allowed by law and selling the extra to a dispensary.
So she comes to me and asks "If you were to get your card, and grow for personal use and profit, how much could you show in profit?" Now right then this was just her asking for info, so I told her to talk to my son, and find out how much he had spent on set up, how much he was spending on utilities and supplies, and how much he was getting when he sold his excess. It wasn't a week later that she came back and said that she had some money she wanted to invest in me. She paid for my card, and she contributed about a third of my initial start up expenses.
My son came down from WA and gave me some stuff, and we went shopping for the rest. We built my room that day, and set in the starts he had brought me. That was the first weekend of June this year (2013). As I have gone through the process, taking care of my garden, she has not only seen my use increase from a hit or two a couple times a week to about two-three bowls a day. I still have only gotten high once accidentally when I tried a new vaporizer pipe (a very cool tool that you use a regular lighter to bring to vaping temps) Around the same time that I started growing we took in a room mate who is a patient. He and I began smoking recreationally on occasion, and so she has seen me high, or at least as high as I like to get.
Now she is totally supportive, helps me with my garden, and is even enjoying the aroma of buds hanging in the bedroom closet to dry. I don't know if she will ever try it herself, as her job may still test her, but she has expressed a curiosity about it. She's no longer teaching, so maybe after a while in the new career she may feel safer trying it. I do know that only reason she hasn't is the work issue.

By the way, here are some pics of the vaporizer pipe along with how it works:

This is the bowl. Notice how clean it is. This is after vaping at least a hundred bowls.

DSC013504.JPG

This is the cap. It has a ceramic plug that is porous. The lighter flame heats this plug up to vaporize the medicine.

DSC013514.JPG

This is the whole pipe assembled.

DSC013522.JPG

This makes for a great portable vaporizer! It never needs to be recharged, and I can put a dab of hash on top of the marijuana if I want. As long as there's enough pot in the bowl to hold the melt above the screen it works great, and as you can see in the pic, there isn't any residue.

My wife has never smoke anything, in the 25 years I've been with her, she is supportive in the fact she doesn't complain, about anything, my room is in the basement, under our bedroom and in 5 years she has never been down there, doesn't want/need to see it she says,has zero interest in it at all,

now outdoor gardening??watch out she is on it,,,i think when we move her practice to a better state, she will help with outdoor yardwork,hehe

She is my doctor, see's my lab results and cant deny the benefits of this wonderful plant

my wife isn't supportive yet but getting there I think after this grow she'll change her mind she's on the kick all smokers are lazy and do nothing... I'm grow and rarely smoke but the growing process has helped with my ptsd.

my wife isn't supportive yet but getting there I think after this grow she'll change her mind she's on the kick all smokers are lazy and do nothing... I'm grow and rarely smoke but the growing process has helped with my ptsd.

IMHO, most growers are NOT the stereotypical stoner that just sits on the couch playing video games. Sure, some growers do that during down time, but in general, I think you have to have an above average work ethic and ambition to actually grow well. Both characteristics seldom associated with people who smoke cannabis.

Maybe it's just the crowd here at :420:, but I think growers are usually just good people. :thumb:

well let me tell ya, i have been with my wife for 24 years 23 of those married,kids are grown, well we have 2 dogs that are basically our kids one 2 one 3 years
both of them came to us by fate but anyway. my wife and i are what you guys call hicks or some say rednecks back in the day country bumpkin was used a lot. we both grew up in texas in very small towns and moved to a larger city after marriage, so im used to stereotyping.i didn't marry my cousin and i don't hate strangers for no reason and we aren't inbred believe it or not
i have always been a toker and she had tried it around friends when young
well life gets in the way and i don't partake for quite a while
last year she decided to grow some bell peppers and was doing quite a good job,she loves crafting and hobbies
that is until our male dog decided they taste pretty good and ate every one of them right off the plant
she was mad for about a minute,she always forgives her kids with a quickness
anyway she said she was done,all her stuff was just sitting around and i asked if i could use it and she said for what of course
i told her and got the,are you crazy look, but she gave me the ok and i began soon after with some bagseed
she still wont try it and she swears if i say...i read on the internet today... ever again she will strangle me lol
she comes and looks at em,gives em pep talks sometimes,she says talkin' to them is good for em
anyway sorry to ramble, i guess this was a long trip to yes she loves me and i love her and she supports me, helps me some and tolerates me lots
good fortunes and long life to all

My wife is ok with it.. She has nothing to do with it, apart from a quick glance..
She just wants me to have some quality smoke and have it cheaply..

It helps with back/shoulder and joint pain and helps me relax..

She reckons im better on it than off it, so do i. I would rather smoke
than constantly take pills that make me sleep.

I have total support! I have always had a garden. Mom & Dad had a rockin 1/4 acre garden when I was a kid. So the natural thing to do when I was told by the doc that I could have any pain drug i wanted I chose the MMJ. My husband the wizard is busy as hell, but he moves my plants and my bags of dirt etc. He is a scientist so I always have the best advice, but he lets me make all the final decisions on the garden. I am in my first year and I just had my second big harvest. I am starting a new veg cycle and things are looking pretty good. Sending you all peace & blessings for a healthy, happy new year
Namaste' Nana

when i told my wife i was going to start growing all she asked was if i could grow some vegetables for her too.
so i also have Japanese eggplant and bitter melon in my grow room. i started them all from seed and they are all flowering now.
the bitter melon is actually starting to show fruit now.

-musshy

She knows but I dont show her my garden as Im in Florida and requires hours of sweating your ass off,feeding the 10s of thousands of mosquitoes and walking thru the worst briars and muck to even get to them. It is almost not worth it. She watches me smoke every day but thats it.She helps nurse the cuts and bites when I return.

support is awesome! My wife an i have been together for lifetimes! We have 2 kids, 24 an 17, we jokingly call ourselves hickups...(upper class hicks). Until a few years ago i spent time dodging an ducking like so many in order to smoke, and now i'm a MMP. SHE was not always so enthusiastic about me smoking an it took a while to get her to come around to the idea of growing. A master grower i am not but i like the struggle of the education process. My entire family supports my growing now as i have many issues and spent too many years a zombie on pills. Went small in the beginning an now have a 4x4 tent, 4x6 extra flower room, and 12x12x8 veg room, not all full as of yet. I spend a lot of time with all of my girls because they are so awesome to watch growing and she doesn't complain too much, she actually is getting very interested in the process herself. I am so lucky! For me it just makes sense to grow as i grew up with a horto mother and the prices at the dispensaries are too much.

HAHA I was just reading replies and she walked up behind me. Almost got busted lol. What she doesnt read dont hurt her.( or me)

My wife is a remnant of an earlier generation. We have a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy around here. At least I do. I figure what she doesn't know for sure won't hurt her. She knows I have been a heavy toker in the past, and I jump in with a positive word for cannabis' medical benefits every time I have a chance. I am fairly sure she knows I use it for an anti-depressant, but like I said, I don't tell.

been married for 26 yrs. and she still throws a smart remark at me from time to time how she's going to rip out my plants or burn them.
we have 3 kids that are 32, 30, & 18, the older ones smoke , but all 3 stick up for me because they know how much the medicine helps with my back problems.
I just let her get it off her chest but she KNOWS my growing and smoking is not going to stop. I think its more of the smell than anything, I personally love the skunk smell but I can see her point also.

Back
Top Bottom