Spouses and your grow

Should start my first grow in abouta month. I actually had 3 pages of notes, showing my plans, cost and the benefits of mj. We say together on the bed and I did a little presentation, 30 minutes later she said OK. We both smoked like freight trains in high-school.

Seven years ago I was diagnosis witha brain tumor. I've now had two surgeries and there is still some there. If the tissue is removed, I will be paralyzed on my left side. I take two hands fulls of pills every day. And I STILL have seizures every day. My marriage nearly ended because of my addiction to pain pills and I spent two weeks in a detox/mental health hospital.

She had two cracked vertebrae, had surgery and is in more pain than before. She refuses narcotics because they cannot be in the house. She had tried nerve blockers, narcotics, injections and just about every pill made, nothing helps. Now she suffers from insomnia and some mornings she is in tears because she is so tired and frustrated. She is suffering from liver damage, ulcers and , currently, a stomachs infection (because of damn pills). Hopefully it is only an infection. In two weeks she will need a biopsy if things don't improve.

Even after insurance paid, will still have accumulated $50k in medical bills over the last seven years.

And the worst part.... We have a 9 year old son who has watched his father, and now mother, physically deteriorate because of prescription medicine for 7 years.

She is now 100 percent on board with my growing. September 11 we will celebrate our 15th year anniversary. She is a strong woman and my best friend

Your in my prayers brother, stay strong, fight hard and most importantly hold your head high!

As for my fiancé, she loves it. I introduced her to the herb 4 years ago and she has loved it ever since lol. Even thought I might get blamed for giving my girls more attention than her.

My spouse had the plan long before we got the license. He does not partake but has always been supportive of my use. He researched and bought our SuperCloset and is out there tending, up grading and cleaning along with me. I couldn't have a successful grow without him. (OK, and our adult children, who do a lot of the physical labor for us.)

I was so surprised when my wife said to go ahead and encouraged me to grow. She asked for a checklist on what needs to be done when so she can help as we have different work schedules and she wants this to be a success. "Behind every great man is a great woman" can't beat a supportive wife mate.

Signed on this thread shortly after it started and have kept up on the reading of peeps posts. Enjoyed reading everyone`s little story. Funny, when you start growing and then find out how many of those around you are into growing also. Stealth, the only way to grow...now. State by state, soon the whole country. Now, I do believe I will see this happen in my lifetime. Turned 67 last month and am making plans to go to my second Cannabis Cup next summer. Went last summer and had the most fun I`ve had since I retired (2000). Later. Peace.

PS,
Hi RolyPoly, how ya been ?
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Formsome reason my wife hates weed, she knows I love it, but to her it's tbe devil incarnated. I really don't understand it since she's been there done that. I just have come to the point where I just do t give a f£@# anymore. Thank you for letting me vent

Formsome reason my wife hates weed, she knows I love it, but to her it's tbe devil incarnated. I really don't understand it since she's been there done that. I just have come to the point where I just do t give a f£@# anymore. Thank you for letting me vent

Hahaha. Yeah well it could be worse your wife could help zero and smoke 90% of your personal then bitch that you complain and take to many hot tubs. Oh and the old I'd help but I'm tired. Your god damned tired cause you smoke like 4 grams a day.

Sorry I had to vent as well.

And for the record we have a crazy daughter that is almost three so she's got her hands full when I'm busy getting my dutty on.

These entries are great! :popcorn:
I wish i had something more funny to add but the wife went along with it on the condition that i grow during the cold months and take a pause during the summer. Im cool with that...until i run out of smoke. :bitingnails:

The wife has no issues with my hobby though she doesn't help out in the garden other than with money sometimes.
She enjoys smoking the end result as it helps with her Crohn's disease and comes to look at the plants quite frequently. It's our thing and we don't talk about it with anyone we know.
She was real clear that there was to be no smell and it had to be 100% discrete when friends or family come to visit.

My wife is good with it. Her only complaint is when the veg light comes on at 6 am and hits her in the face! Hahaha. The bright light comes through the gaps of the closet doors. Just until i finish my two flowering plants in the other bedroom closet, then they will go into flower and no more light. At least that's what i keep telling her, :winkyface:
Other than that she loves em and has even named them all.

Husband and I are both Smokers, but we were both very risk averse when it came to scoring smoke, due to our age and 'respectable' lives. So when I spotted a growshop in a city 90 mins away two summers ago, I purchased some seeds and quietly did all the research and legwork. When I was happy that I had it all figured out, I told my husband I was going to start growing weed. Even though I am an avid gardener, it was not an interest we shared.

He said if it was that easy how come everyone isn't growing their own supply, and also obsessed over secrecy as its illegal where we live, also I work from home and people/outsiders are in the house 5and a half days a week. I reassured him and showed him my plan - So far the grow was outdoors on our property hidden, there was no risk anyone would find out as only us and my 20 year old daughter know about it.

Once I got the go ahead, I started my first ever canna grow March 2014. I harvested my first plant a Buddha Purple Kush at the end of June '14. From the minute we smoked our first home grown, the Supreme Leader; (cos that's my husbands nickname) has thrown his support and his wallet enthusiastically into the exercise. So I guess he's alright with it ....... :grinjoint:

My mrs was cool with the idea of growing but now is freaking a bit at the electricity bills and will hopefully calm down when the benefits of not spending £300+ a month buying weed can be seen. Then when she is happy it's saving us money I'll hopefully get some of it to spend chasing better results and build me a nice wee grow room instead of having one cobbled together out of bits of whatever I could find.

I am fascinated by these stories as well!!!! I live on my own and have not been in a relationship since 2013, since I started my garden i have been scared to get back into the dating game it's hard enough when i have to tell them what i partake in, but to tell them i have this going on in my home........ F NO!!!!!!

This is a great thread, with a lot of good stories. My wife, she's not a smoker, or really a gardener. But, she knows it's in my blood and with the medical card now she is much more accepting. Plus, I think she knows I'm not stopping now, so why fight it. But, I take great care to not let my hobby change our life. Great thread!:thanks:

My present sweetheart girlfriend of 7 years is good with it. She's happy to help out when I need it. She thinks it's 'cute' how devoted I am to my plants. I can tell her that line of Teldron's from page 5 (I laughed my ass off at that by the way!) and she just laughs. Having said that, it took years for her to come around. She was convinced from a young age by her parents into thinking herb is a terrible thing that turns people into drooling retards. Somehow they believed cannabis was absolutely terrible stuff, though apparently for no particular reason. They never seemed to make the stretch and look at the benefits of it, or what alcohol, which wasn't on their blacklist, is capable of doing to the people around us.

My ex is a very different story. Knowing that I grow would seem like a gift from the gods for her and she wouldn't lose a second using it against me in court. A truly toxic and disturbed person in my painful experience, she's done everything she could to seperate me from our kid, until at age nine he spoke up and said he wanted to move in with me, where he's been ever since. She would jump on this in a second and go for my throat. I don't think she could do much. I have a small personal grow- it's not in our home and there is no involvement with him or safety issues of any kind. But it would still be ugly. She would make sure of that. I used to sometimes get paranoid and think 'I can't believe I'm risking this'. Now, especially after a lot of careful attention to safety and 'anti-paranoia' countermeasures, common sense prevails. I'm really so happy I stuck with it throughout, because I love growing. I know I did the right thing by following my heart in this and sooo.... HA! Ha Ha!!! You'll never get me now, you silly witch.

Back
Top Bottom