Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

you're running in the neighbourhood of 400 - 450w, which is plenty for that space. you should be able to park the light at 24 inches and run the whole grow there once you get used to the light and dimmer.

a lot of folk start at the 36 inch mark, i find 24 to be easier once you've gotten the dimmer down. 36 is the recommended seedling height for fixtures with no dimming capability.
I have taken your advice and lifted the light and turned the juice up. I am still getting a reading of around 4000 lux, At the leaves.
If they start stretching again, I will turn the juice up some more and leave the light at the same height as you suggested.
I took it upon myself to lower the light to 13 inches. To be fair the instructions for the light does say 12 to 24 inches for seedlings so I was just basing my heights by that info, but I will go by your better judgement and experience..

It's all a learning curve. Normally I curve downwards when I'm learning, but with all this advice from you wonderful lot, I do believe I am on the up eventually
Thanks again Bluter. I'm willing to listen to any more tips

Seedlings Day 3
Day 8 from soaking seeds

Light
: Sylstar GL-4000a
Medium: Store bought compost.
Final pot size and type: to be confirmed
Grow space: 1metre X 1metre X 2metre
Strains: 1xSour diesel. 1xStar dawg. 1xBlueberry OG. All photoperiod and 1x White widow Auto
Nutrients: liquid organic feed (if needed)
Water: Mineral, pH'd to 6.5
Temperature: 23c
RH: 57

Howdy do guys

A little bit of good news; the seedlings have stopped stretching . I measured them yesterday after I dropped the light and raised the Lux, and I've measured them today and they are within a few millimetres of yesterday.
It could also be the little fan that's wobbling them about. Hopefully that is strengthening them.
I've also raised the other two as suggested by @Grand Daddy Black
I've also put a splint on them to stop them flopping over..

Here's a few pictures

DSC_0022~2.JPG
Screenshot_20210614-122408.jpeg
Screenshot_20210614-122426.jpeg

It's the only stiff things I could find:p

The blue berry that's attached to the brown willy, started to wilt abit, as I totally disturbed the soil around it sticking the willy in. The other one is fine..

Anyway.. hope all you are well. As always; don't be shy to throw ideas into the pot.. I need all the help I can get..

Catch you all soon and I thank you all for popping in

Take care

Squiggz
FFS Squiggz! :rofl::rofl::rofl: ( Only you right? )
Nice willies though!. Best one's hiding between the pages of that book you have!

Seriously, how can you put a post up like that & then ask for advice :rofl: My Mind is now full of dirt so I shall vacate before the convo gets messy :nervous-guy::hmmmm:

I want to ' post reply ' But keeping looking back at pictures....Classic :rofl:

POST REPLY STICKY!!!!

Hey @Squiggle.

Good day to you my friend, hope all's well :thumb:

Mate, I'm having exactly the same issue with a couple of mine....Stretch armstrong going on.
I was hoping to get some advice on this as well. I have in the past buried the stem which seemed to work, I didn't seek advice on this at the time I just did it. I'm not sure about lowering the light as I don't have a Mr Lux at home right now. Problem is, this light Is bright, I only have it on 25% at the moment, when its up to 100% I need Marty Mcfly's Darth Vadar radiation suit on! :cool:
:rofl: that suit:laugh: the picture you've painted is perfect :laugh:
I think Mr lux needs to move into your house.:laugh:
It's quite handy to know what your knob is set at.

Edit:

That's the one on your light :laugh: by the way

FFS Squiggz! :rofl::rofl::rofl: ( Only you right? )
Nice willies though!. Best one's hiding between the pages of that book you have!

Seriously, how can you put a post up like that & then ask for advice :rofl: My Mind is now full of dirt so I shall vacate before the convo gets messy :nervous-guy::hmmmm:

I want to ' post reply ' But keeping looking back at pictures....Classic :rofl:

POST REPLY STICKY!!!!
Yes :rofl: the biggest dick is on the cover :laugh:
Glad they tickled you.. the Willie's are actually straws. It makes you cringe when you're sucking a milkshake through them :oops:

Hope you're having a good day mate..
Probably see you on you thread later.. just popping to the chippy
Speak soon

Yes :rofl: the biggest dick is on the cover :laugh:
Glad they tickled you.. the Willie's are actually straws. It makes you cringe when your sucking a milkshake through them :oops:

Hope you're having a good day mate..
Probably see you on you thread later.. just popping to the chippy
Speak soon
I just laughed so hard :rofl: :rofl: , thanks Squiggle

I just laughed so hard :rofl: :rofl: , thanks Squiggle
:rofl:
This is a serious journal, we will have none of this laughing malarkey:rofl:

Glad it give you a smile mate.. I'm still expecting a message off the MODS above; to remove my penis's out of the flower pot, as they are offensive..

The Mrs always wins mate.. it's the law..
Do they cost much to run, those AC units?
Congrats on the seedlings by the way. Looking forward to their adventure...
Oh eye mate, no mistake there, I only say that shit coz she won’t read it:)
I’m the head of this household, the mrs has full control of the neck.. points the dumb lump on top where ere she wants.:)

Seedlings Day 3
Day 8 from soaking seeds

Light
Strains: 1xSour diesel. 1xStar dawg. 1xBlueberry OG. All photoperiod and 1x White widow Auto
Temperature: 23c
RH: 57

Howdy do guys

A little bit of good news; the seedlings have stopped stretching . I measured them yesterday after I dropped the light and raised the Lux, and I've measured them today and they are within a few millimetres of yesterday.
It could also be the little fan that's wobbling them about. Hopefully that is strengthening them.
I've also raised the other two as suggested by @Grand Daddy Black
I've also put a splint on them to stop them flopping over..

Here's a few pictures

DSC_0022~2.JPG
Screenshot_20210614-122408.jpeg
Screenshot_20210614-122426.jpeg

It's the only stiff things I could find:p

The blue berry that's attached to the brown willy, started to wilt abit, as I totally disturbed the soil around it sticking the willy in. The other one is fine..

Anyway.. hope all you are well. As always; don't be shy to throw ideas into the pot.. I need all the help I can get..

Catch you all soon and I thank you all for popping in

Take care

Squiggz
That’s just had me laughing my head off that.. funniest anything I’ve seen for ages..:)
Your naughty

Seedlings Day 4
Day 9 from soaking seeds

Light
Temperature: 21
RH: 54

Howdy do folks..
Hope all's well on your side..

Not much to report today.. they have stopped the stretch but still leggy.. I'm just kicking myself for not going with my gut instinct and setting the light at the recommended lux and height
I will know for next time..
I will just bury them when it comes to up potting, so I'm not to worried.

They are pretty happy, new leaves are forming and all looks good.
Here's a picture of the two strongest. The white widow
And the blue berry
Screenshot_20210615-211421.jpeg

Screenshot_20210615-211349.jpeg

So that's it for today guys..
Just a little message to say a huge thanks to whoever nominated me for member of the month and a massive thanks for all those who have voted.
It's made me all tingly and smiley:cheesygrinsmiley: appreciate it guys..

I will see you all on your journals later.
Take care folks

Thanks again

Squiggle

Seedlings Day 4
Day 9 from soaking seeds

Light
Temperature: 21
RH: 54

Howdy do folks..
Hope all's well on your side..

Not much to report today.. they have stopped the stretch but still leggy.. I'm just kicking myself for not going with my gut instinct and setting the light at the recommended lux and height
I will know for next time..
I will just bury them when it comes to up potting, so I'm not to worried.

They are pretty happy, new leaves are forming and all looks good.
Here's a picture of the two strongest. The white widow
And the blue berry
Screenshot_20210615-211421.jpeg

Screenshot_20210615-211349.jpeg

So that's it for today guys..
Just a little message to say a huge thanks to whoever nominated me for member of the month and a massive thanks for all those who have voted.
It's made me all tingly and smiley:cheesygrinsmiley: appreciate it guys..

I will see you all on your journals later.
Take care folks

Thanks again

Squiggle
Hilarious mate!! I just realized what I was looking at now in the pots HAHA!!

:laugh: it makes me giggle every time i open the tent.
How you feeling today mate?
Feeling soo much better! I sure am glad to be back.

One thing I was thankful to have is my pot! Once I was feeling strong enough to get out of bed and start moving around I went and packed a few rips and after a while I noticed my stomache was alot more relaxed and that urge to just shit everything out every 10 minutes was getting further and further apart and then because my stomach was feeling better my appetite started coming back. I lost about 14 lbs over the last week because I couldn't for the life of me eat anything or retain anything long enough and the pot definitely helped me alot! And I think about that in a wierd way how everything is connected from me taking part in all the fun on these journals to getting advice and help on issues with my grows to be able to have that pot in a time like this.

I'm just really baked right now and was thinking about that :ganjamon:but anyway I am off to go tinker around with an engine and then hit the hay...Cheers mate!!

I’d die of thirst before I put my lips around those to drink!
I don't know, you get used to having a bell end in your mouth and sucking on it. Is the first go that's a bit strange but after that, it feels natural:laugh:

Oh and thanks on the congrats.. but I've totally messed up. I will explain later

Feeling soo much better! I sure am glad to be back.

One thing I was thankful to have is my pot! Once I was feeling strong enough to get out of bed and start moving around I went and packed a few rips and after a while I noticed my stomache was alot more relaxed and that urge to just shit everything out every 10 minutes was getting further and further apart and then because my stomach was feeling better my appetite started coming back. I lost about 14 lbs over the last week because I couldn't for the life of me eat anything or retain anything long enough and the pot definitely helped me alot! And I think about that in a wierd way how everything is connected from me taking part in all the fun on these journals to getting advice and help on issues with my grows to be able to have that pot in a time like this.

I'm just really baked right now and was thinking about that :ganjamon:but anyway I am off to go tinker around with an engine and then hit the hay...Cheers mate!!
Glad to have you back..
It's amazing how much the plant we love has medicinal effects across the board.. it's an amazing plant..
Ooooh!! Engines! What you working on??

Back
Top Bottom