Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

Average? Micromoles?? Efficient? Bugger that! It sounds to complicated :rofl:
lol, But you just did the hard bit taking the measurements. The rest is just simple math.
You take all the numbers in par, add them together, then devide that number by the amount of squares, that gives you the average par. Then I think you do something based on the power watts and that gives you the efficiency, I'll have to go watch that last bit of the video again.

lol, But you just did the hard bit taking the measurements. The rest is just simple math.
You take all the numbers in par, add them together, then devide that number by the amount of squares, that gives you the average par. Then I think you do something based on the power watts and that gives you the efficiency, I'll have to go watch that last bit of the video again.
Sounds simple enough. Is this one of shames videos? As I will have a look also

Yeah, he does it in a lot of his videos, it's how he tests the lights he tests.
He doesn't show you the full process each video, but if you search back through his titles I'm sure he's got one called exactl "how I calculate ppf" or along them lines.
Looks like I will be binge watching all migro vids.. I won't put my headphones in, as Shane's cotton mouth noises are disturbing.
Thanks again Lister
Muchos Gracia's

If you get the right video you'll only have to put yourself through the one. :rofl:
He partnered up with an American fella that also does similar videos, he's a much easier watch. Can't remember his name at mo, think it's mmj cocco man or something.
Laters squiggle.
It getting the right one. I've watched a few mmj cocco.
I will let you know how I get on tomorrow

Laters mate

Seedlings Day 13
Day 17 from soaking seeds

Light
: Sylstar GL-4000a @ 20%
Medium: Store bought compost.
Final pot size and type: to be confirmed
Grow space: 1metre X 1metre X 2metre
Strains: 1xSour diesel. 1xStar dawg. 1xBlueberry OG. All photoperiod and 1x White widow Auto
Nutrients: liquid organic feed (if needed)
Water: Mineral, pH'd to 6.5
Temperature: 23
RH: 45

Howdy do guys. How's it growing?

Just a quick photo update. All is well in there. The blueberry is still stunted from her accident last week. I think it has affected them all a bit.. but the mishaps yesterday with the white widow auto hasn't bothered her at all yet!

Here's the Blue Berry
Screenshot_20210623-222635.jpeg
Here is The sour D
Screenshot_20210623-222617.jpeg
and here is the white widow
Screenshot_20210623-222555.jpeg
Screenshot_20210623-222706.jpeg

Thanks; as always for stopping by.

See you all on your side

Squiggle

Morning mate , I have a book on the white widow ,they recommend taking off most side branches , I didn't know until it was too late and removed them mid flower this slowed bud building then , if I had off done it sooner I would have competed with the coco plant :thumb: ,
The blueberry be careful what way you look at them:laugh: , they are touchy and i have seen them hermie for the slightest bit of stress , even topping , BUT THIS COULD HAVE BEEN back in the day , I had a blueberry auto hermie so put me off . Not trying to put you off , this was years ago mate ,
The white widow smoke is proper and never let me down , always a good solid stone
The sour Diesel I have never did or tried so you can fill me in there with that one when your done :)
I will upload a pic later with the white widow info

Good luck , they look sweet !

Morning mate , I have a book on the white widow ,they recommend taking off most side branches , I didn't know until it was too late and removed them mid flower this slowed bud building then , if I had off done it sooner I would have competed with the coco plant :thumb: ,
The blueberry be careful what way you look at them:laugh: , they are touchy and i have seen them hermie for the slightest bit of stress , even topping , BUT THIS COULD HAVE BEEN back in the day , I had a blueberry auto hermie so put me off . Not trying to put you off , this was years ago mate ,
The white widow smoke is proper and never let me down , always a good solid stone
The sour Diesel I have never did or tried so you can fill me in there with that one when your done :)
I will upload a pic later with the white widow info

Good luck , they look sweet !
Good morning Nutty

This is all useful information, thank you.
I've never tried a white widow or a blue berry, but I have had the sour diesel.
It's a nice flavour and smell, although it does have the faint smell of a filling station. It gives you real happy thoughts and it doesn't take much to get you into the giggles..
Looking forward to the white widow info.
Appreciate you popping in mate.
Wishing you a joyful and productive day

Seedlings Day 12
Day 16 from soaking seeds

Light
: Sylstar GL-4000a
Strains: 1xSour diesel. 1xStar dawg. 1xBlueberry OG. All photoperiod and 1x White widow Auto
Temperature: 25
RH: 50

Howdy do guys.. just another quick photo dump.
I didn't get a chance to update yesterday, still bloody decorating. The stairs led to the hallway, then the sitting room..
Anyway..
I had a bit of a disaster today. I was doing the par test thing and when I moved the plants out of the tent, I knocked them over again. The white widow had her roots all hanging out. So she's going to be on a go slow for a few day.. anyway. Here's some photos

The Blue berry
Screenshot_20210622-202039.jpeg

The Sour Diseasel
Screenshot_20210622-202110.jpeg

THE White Widow
Screenshot_20210622-202312.jpeg
Screenshot_20210622-202237.jpeg
Screenshot_20210622-202204.jpeg

Hopefully the WW will bounce back quick after her injury.

Anyway. Thanks for looking guys. It's always a pleasure to see the odd thumbs up..
I will be posting the results of the light test next.

Take care

Squiggz
The stairs led to the Hallway :hmmmm: ..Who knew!!??:blunt:
Only jestin Squiggz, I knew what ya meant lol!

Not having much luck keeping those plants IN the pots are we? They will be Hench by the time they're bigger....what with all the exercise 'n that.
Looking lovely though dude, maybe try gluing the pots to a tray or something :thumb:

Seedlings Day 13
Day 17 from soaking seeds

Light
: Sylstar GL-4000a @ 20%
Temperature: 23
RH: 45

Howdy do guys. How's it growing?

Just a quick photo update. All is well in there. The blueberry is still stunted from her accident last week. I think it has affected them all a bit.. but the mishaps yesterday with the white widow auto hasn't bothered her at all yet!

Here's the Blue Berry
Screenshot_20210623-222635.jpeg
Here is The sour D
Screenshot_20210623-222617.jpeg
and here is the white widow
Screenshot_20210623-222555.jpeg
Screenshot_20210623-222706.jpeg

Thanks; as always for stopping by.

See you all on your side

Squiggle
Lovely pictures :thumb:

The stairs led to the Hallway :hmmmm: ..Who knew!!??:blunt:
Only jestin Squiggz, I knew what ya meant lol!

Not having much luck keeping those plants IN the pots are we? They will be Hench by the time they're bigger....what with all the exercise 'n that.
Looking lovely though dude, maybe try gluing the pots to a tray or something :thumb:
Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. The hallway led to the fookin sitting room :laugh: I'm finished decorating now, so I can get back on with the grow. Thanks for all the compliments.

The pots kept tipping over because of that stupid pot extension I put on; to support the leggy seedlings from flopping over.. well; I knocked all of them over again last night. I did a proper job this time, bare roots showing on the WW and SD.
Ive had to stick them in new pots, which aren't ideal. I was going to get 5 gallon fabric things at the weekend, but this was an emergency and they are in 2 and half gallon plastic pots; it's all I had at the time, so they will have to do till the end..

I definitely can't knock these over.. just hoping they aren't in shock for too long, as they were proper ragged about this time.. I will be posting an up-potting update next. I will catch up with you on your side mate. See you soon..

Seedlings Day 15
Day 19 from soaking seeds

Light
: Sylstar GL-4000a @ 40% 85 watts
Lux: 12960
Par: 296 approximately
Final pot size and type: 2.5 gallon or approx 12 lites, plastic
Temperature: 25
RH: 50

Howdy ya do folks

Hope all's growing well on your side.

I had a proper disaster last night, as I said above; I tipped the pots over again. This time there was no soil around the roots as they were a tad dry..
So,, roots dangling in mid air, I had to hastily prepare the only pots I had. They are 2.5 gallon plastic things which I used on my last grow.. not ideal, but I had to use what I had..

I made two separate layers of two separate composts. The bottom and the side walls of the pots were layered with the hotter mix
Screenshot_20210625-183659.jpeg

And the stuff next to the new root growth is the not so hot stuff
Screenshot_20210625-183636.jpeg

I used a bag for life from one of our budget shops; to mix the compost and perlite in
Screenshot_20210625-183714.jpeg
Screenshot_20210625-183726.jpeg
it saves a load of mess.. here's the pot set up.
Screenshot_20210625-183811.jpeg

I also added this stuff where the roots will grow into
Screenshot_20210625-183823.jpeg

Here they are all snug and cozy, in their non tippy over pots.

The White widow
Screenshot_20210625-183454.jpeg

The Sour Diseasel
Screenshot_20210625-183511.jpeg

And the runt of the litter, the Blue berry OG
Screenshot_20210625-183433.jpeg

I've started adding a bit CO2 to the tent also.. one sock full of dry ice every 8 hours. I can get hundreds of old extinguishers for free, so it's a CO2 bonus:cheesygrinsmiley:
Screenshot_20210625-183415.jpeg

So, hopefully the WW and SD will be ok after their bashing about.. I've totally fooked up the start of this grow; all down to not trusting new equipment.. im pretty happy with the light, now I have it mapped in lux and Par. But, no doubt I will bugger something else up along the way..

Hope all's growing well with you lot.
As always; I appreciate you popping in. Thanks again

See you all on your side

Squiggle

Not againo_O and i thought i abused my seedlings. going to report you to the seedling police.This is shocking case
of abuse something needs to be done. lol
:rofl:
I'm a proper clumsy idiot mate. The wife calls me Frank Spencer.. for those that don't know who he is, look him up.
Classic British comedy...
Thanks for not reporting me to the cannacops. I promise I will never injure another plant ever...

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. The hallway led to the fookin sitting room :laugh: I'm finished decorating now, so I can get back on with the grow. Thanks for all the compliments.

The pots kept tipping over because of that stupid pot extension I put on; to support the leggy seedlings flopping over.. well; I knocked all of them over again last night. I did a proper job this time, bare roots showing on the WW and SD.
Ive had to stick them in new pots, which aren't ideal. I was going to get 5 gallon fabric things at the weekend, but this was an emergency and they are in 2 and half gallon plastic pots; it's all I had at the time, so they will have to do till the end..

I definitely can't knock these over.. just hoping they aren't in shock for too long, as they were proper ragged about this time.. I will be posting an up-potting update next. I will catch you with you on your side mate. See you soon..
Ez bro, Maybe you should change the name of the journal to something like;

GROWING PAINS - LETS SEE HOW MUCH CANNABIS CAN TAKE A BATTERING & STILL GROW ......IN PAIN!

Back
Top Bottom