Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

Hey yooo guys!!!

Sorry for disappearing. Misses Squiggles been in hospital, she fell down the stairs and dislocated her hip. Shes back home now and on the mend..

The plants are a mess. They've been neglected, the timer has been doing its own thing, so God knows what light they've been getting. I've replaced that. They were as dry as sticks. They've missed two watering cycles. I didn't have the fans on and the thermometer recorded a temperature of 34°C
God knows for how long..
So. I'm not doing very well on this grow, a proper fook up. I've hastily trained them.. No technique training, just bending them over and training them around the circumference of the pot.. it's worked out ok for me in the past, so I will just stick with it for now..
Anyway.. I will upload some photo's laters.. I will catch up on all your journals tonight; it may take a while, as I logged on to this
Screenshot_20210706-133314.jpeg

So, just a few notifications to look over..

Anyway. Catch you all soon guys..

Thanks again

Squiggz
Ah no way dude!! I hope she's ok now, sending our :love: . Hope she recovers well, not too quickly though..can get you running about after her for a bit lol!!

Maate, don't even go there with the plants, I've had a nightmare also, snapping branches left right and centre..literally. This training isn't as easy as these guy's on here make it look. Fo Sho!!!!

966 notifications ey...oooh the burden of being popular....unlucky :laugh::laugh:

Glad ya back though dude, catch up soon :thumb:

One :love:

Damn. Soory to hear about the Mrs. falling. I wish her a speedy and full recovery.

You can grow more plants, if necessary.
Thanks man.. I didn't push her, I promise :laugh:
congratulations on the new title.. well deserved mate. You are one of the supporting columns of this forum..
Now she's off her feet for a while and can't check up on me, I can get both Tents set up Now and go perpetual..
Every cloud has a silver lining :cheesygrinsmiley:

Now she's off her feet for a while and can't check up on me, I can get both Tents set up Now and go perpetual..
Why do I get the feeling that we'll soon be reading about you having "fallen" down the stairs? :Rasta:

Ah no way dude!! I hope she's ok now, sending our :love: . Hope she recovers well, not too quickly though..can get you running about after her for a bit lol!!

Maate, don't even go there with the plants, I've had a nightmare also, snapping branches left right and centre..literally. This training isn't as easy as these guy's on here make it look. Fo Sho!!!!

966 notifications ey...oooh the burden of being popular....unlucky :laugh::laugh:

Glad ya back though dude, catch up soon :thumb:

One :love:
Thanks man. She's milking it, I'm sure..
She means everything to me. So I will gladly be her servant and nurse her back to full health.. the only thing is, she's munching on my supply, as well as her own, for the pain.. I'm sure that's just an excuse to get baked..

966 notifications doesnt mean your popular. It means youve subscribed to nearly every foookin journal on here. I will get through them eventually.

Sorry to here about your training disasters mate. It can work great or it can go tits up.. even the pros snap branches. That's why I use a stretchy rubber tie, if the stem wants to move it can.. but, I can't advise anyone on training as I've made a complete arse of my plants this week..
I will pop over to your page and pay my respects to the Injured...

Thanks again, speak soon

Sorry to hear that dude. Hope she's healed up soon. The plants will be fine I'm sure. I'm struggling to keep up with everything still but will swing by as often as I can.
Thanks man.. she's a tough as old boots.
No pressure in popping In mate. I know how busy you are and you've all ready committed to other journals.. just wait till all the GSK comparison grows are over. People won't know what to do with them selves on here..
Will catch you on yours tonight

Thanks again

Why do I get the feeling that we'll soon be reading about you having "fallen" down the stairs? :Rasta:
Do you think that's why she's just took out a new insurance policy for me??:nervous-guy:
I will put her plant at the bottom of the stairs to land on. She wouldn't want to injure that. Oh!! Nearly 100 of those notifications are from your threads. Jebus krypes.. you've been busy.

Catch you over your side later mate.

Thanks for stopping by..

just wait till all the GSK comparison grows are over.
Mate it's great but a bigger commitment than I first realised. Just trying to keep up with them all is a challenge. I just pictured a herd of us at the end all baked on GSC meandering aimlessly around :rofl:

Mate it's great but a bigger commitment than I first realised. Just trying to keep up with them all is a challenge. I just pictured a herd of us at the end all baked on GSC meandering aimlessly around :rofl:
OMG @VetSmoke85 thats hilarious. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::rofl:
Bill

Hey Squiggs!! Dude I'm so sorry to hear about the Mrs' mishap. Hope she mends well and isn't in too much pain!

Family comes first! As GDB said, you can always grow more!

Wish her a speedy recovery from all of us!

Hi mate.. thanks for taking the time to catch up..
As @skunksa said. That light is more than enough to grow a beast of a plant under, so I wouldn't worry.. will you be setting up a journal? If you are, tag me in please.. wishing the best of luck with your grow.
Speak soon
Hey squiggles, yes I will be doing another journal for sure and while tag you! I’ll be doing just one GSC, can’t wait! Thx for input on light, I’m sitting here at front window waiting for my light to show up. Apparently someone else I know got same said light and says Grow Light on outside packaging yikes! It’s legal here in Canada but I live on a busy side street for pedestrians, always nervous about deliveries! Oh and very sorry to hear you fell, hope your on the mend, and hope the grow can be saved, cheering you on bud!

Hey Squiggs!! Dude I'm so sorry to hear about the Mrs' mishap. Hope she mends well and isn't in too much pain!

Family comes first! As GDB said, you can always grow more!

Wish her a speedy recovery from all of us!
That's so sweet man.. appreciate it..
Oh!! Missus squiggz just said thanks..

I hope she has a speedy recovery also.. the house work is piling up. I'm running out of undies :laugh:

Now that would be an awesome day. Every body blitzed on the same weed..
Like i said before, just concentrate on the gsc grows. I will still be here when that's finished. You wont be missing nowt mate

Hey squiggles, yes I will be doing another journal for sure and while tag you! I’ll be doing just one GSC, can’t wait! Thx for input on light, I’m sitting here at front window waiting for my light to show up. Apparently someone else I know got same said light and says Grow Light on outside packaging yikes! It’s legal here in Canada but I live on a busy side street for pedestrians, always nervous about deliveries! Oh and very sorry to hear you fell, hope your on the mend, and hope the grow can be saved, cheering you on bud!
Ahhh!! The not so discreet packaging.. it could cause real problems, even in legal countries and states.. looking forward to the journal..
It was the missus that got pushed fell mate.. so all's good, I'm great :rofl:

@Teddy Edwards please mention this critical oversight to them, they are still learning.

Meanwhile, if anyone asks, I'd say you're scared to death of Monsanto taking over the food industry with their GMOs, so you grow your own organic food inside to avoid pests, animals and thieves.

Seedlings Day 15
Day 19 from soaking seeds

Light
: Sylstar GL-4000a @ 40% 85 watts
Lux: 12960
Par: 296 approximately
Medium: Store bought compost.
Final pot size and type: 2.5 gallon or approx 12 lites, plastic
Grow space: 1metre X 1metre X 2metre
Strains: 1xSour diesel. 1xStar dawg. 1xBlueberry OG. All photoperiod and 1x White widow Auto
Nutrients: liquid organic feed (if needed)
Water: Mineral, pH'd to 6.5
Temperature: 25
RH: 50

Howdy ya do folks

Hope all's growing well on your side.

I had a proper disaster last night, as I said above; I tipped the pots over again. This time there was no soil around the roots as they were a tad dry..
So,, roots dangling in mid air, I had to hastily prepare the only pots I had. They are 2.5 gallon plastic things which I used on my last grow.. not ideal, but I had to use what I had..

I made two separate layers of two separate composts. The bottom and the side walls of the pots were layered with the hotter mix
Screenshot_20210625-183659.jpeg

And the stuff next to the new root growth is the not so hot stuff
Screenshot_20210625-183636.jpeg

I used a bag for life from one of our budget shops; to mix the compost and perlite in
Screenshot_20210625-183714.jpeg
Screenshot_20210625-183726.jpeg
it saves a load of mess.. here's the pot set up.
Screenshot_20210625-183811.jpeg

I also added this stuff where the roots will grow into
Screenshot_20210625-183823.jpeg

Here they are all snug and cozy, in their non tippy over pots.

The White widow
Screenshot_20210625-183454.jpeg

The Sour Diseasel
Screenshot_20210625-183511.jpeg

And the runt of the litter, the Blue berry OG
Screenshot_20210625-183433.jpeg

I've started adding a bit CO2 to the tent also.. one sock full of dry ice every 8 hours. I can get hundreds of old extinguishers for free, so it's a CO2 bonus:cheesygrinsmiley:
Screenshot_20210625-183415.jpeg

So, hopefully the WW and SD will be ok after their bashing about.. I've totally fooked up the start of this grow; all down to not trusting new equipment.. im pretty happy with the light, now I have it mapped in lux and Par. But, no doubt I will bugger something else up along the way..

Hope all's growing well with you lot.
As always; I appreciate you popping in. Thanks again

See you all on your side

Squiggle
That sock trick is cool do u leave inleft and outlet on with it or not?

That sock trick is cool do u leave inleft and outlet on with it or not?
I turn both off and let it get blown about by the fans for a few hours .
In each extinguisher, there is 2 kg of of CO2. One canister lasted 1 month the last time.
So, 500grammes of C02 per week the environment is getting.. It can only benifit them.

My local fire extinguisher company; they have to scrap the out of date canisters. But, it costs them to send them for recycle. So they are more than happy to give them to me for free. After I've used them, I strip the brass off them and cut the cylinders in half with the angle grinder and take them to my local scrap dealer and get a couple of quid for a pile of them.
It's a proper bonus .. I believe all fire extinguisher companies have the same problem. They have to pay for disposal..

@Teddy Edwards please mention this critical oversight to them, they are still learning.

Meanwhile, if anyone asks, I'd say you're scared to death of Monsanto taking over the food industry with their GMOs, so you grow your own organic food inside to avoid pests, animals and thieves.
Will be doing, light showed up no problems but this is the sticker on the outside of the box. Don’t need it on, in or at all really. On another note, it works just fine, app is good. I may just plug into my timer as I’ve never had issues and the one on the app apparently is a hit or miss!

1CF5F860-0A74-4B21-B5FD-CE61E39BCCAE.jpeg

Will be doing, light showed up no problems but this is the sticker on the outside of the box. Don’t need it on, in or at all really. On another note, it works just fine, app is good. I may just plug into my timer as I’ve never had issues and the one on the app apparently is a hit or miss!

1CF5F860-0A74-4B21-B5FD-CE61E39BCCAE.jpeg
Yey!! Post a few photos of the smart feature on it. I'm intrigued

Ahhh!! The not so discreet packaging.. it could cause real problems, even in legal countries and states.. looking forward to the journal..
It was the missus that got pushed fell mate.. so all's good, I'm great :rofl:
Haha sry the wifey got p...fell, hope she is on the mend and glad you are great!

Back
Top Bottom