Squiggles Better Late Than Never Journal Thing

That's if it survives.:nervous-guy: My track record in taking clones is abysmal. Not one has made it. So all help would be greatly appreciated. Even the basics of how to keep her alive would be greatly appreciated. I did not know it was going branch out like that :)
I didn't have a clue about how to take a clone in flower. @InTheShed pointed me to a "how to" link and they did show me a picture of the monster cropped clone that was produced by the same method, it had something mad like 59 tops. absolutely a beautiful plant.
But without digging through a million pages on the in the shed thread from the start, I don't know how that marvel of plant engineering was accomplished. Actually, I'm going over there now to read how it was achieved. I will be back in a week .:reading420magazine:
Just out of curiosity, when is it too late to take a clone off a flowering plant?
You can take em whenever. But I don’t like to take them past two weeks-3wes tops. If it has a actual little bud, it takes a long time... on sec I got pictures to explain.
D3B6CE9E-2848-4E79-A99B-C6D5D9DF9CFC.jpeg
A567F1D1-8EC6-4F20-8CA6-66D9511868F0.jpeg
AF421108-9385-494F-B933-6A5186C5763E.jpeg

All help off the Professor would be mucho appreciated. Thanks for joining in
I like cloning with coco and Rockwool.preferably coco though. Get a little pot filled with coco, take like ten cuttings, dip in rooting gel and stick it like 2-3 inches deep so it stays moist. Then check for roots in about ten days.

You can take em whenever. But I don’t like to take them past two weeks-3wes tops. If it has a actual little bud, it takes a long time... on sec I got pictures to explain.
D3B6CE9E-2848-4E79-A99B-C6D5D9DF9CFC.jpeg
A567F1D1-8EC6-4F20-8CA6-66D9511868F0.jpeg
AF421108-9385-494F-B933-6A5186C5763E.jpeg
Jebus kripes:oops: that's a monster. My Xmas tree wasn't even as big as that beauty. :thumb:

I like cloning with coco and Rockwool.preferably coco though. Get a little pot filled with coco, take like ten cuttings, dip in rooting gel and stick it like 2-3 inches deep so it stays moist. Then check for roots in about ten days.
Are they always successful?
Only thing different is I used young seedling mix. What about light and schedule. I've read some people do blast them and some people don't, there's loads of contradiction on the world wide Webby thing ..

Are they always successful?
Only thing different is I used young seedling mix. What about light and schedule. I've read some people do blast them and some people don't, there's loads of contradiction on the world wide Webby thing ..
Yeah, outta 10, You might toss one or two that didn’t grow roots fast enough... 18/6 lights. And no you don’t need a lot of light. I got a little screw in led bulb at ace hardware for 10 bucks, I like popping beans and keeping clones under it. I like buying all the lights off Craigslist. Just make sure you clean them Really well with bleach! A couple months ago I got 4 sunblasters for 30 bucks! 30 bucks for them all! Not each. I love em! My bad I went on a tangent. No you don’t need a lot of light, you are just trying to get them to stretch there legs out, not sprint though flower. You want lots of light when you are flowering..

Yeah, outta 10, You might toss one or two that didn’t grow roots fast enough... 18/6 lights. And no you don’t need a lot of light. I got a little screw in led bulb at ace hardware for 10 bucks, I like popping beans and keeping clones under it. I like buying all the lights off Craigslist. Just make sure you clean them Really well with bleach! A couple months ago I got 4 sunblasters for 30 bucks! 30 bucks for them all! Not each. I love em! My bad I went on a tangent. No you don’t need a lot of light, you are just trying to get them to stretch there legs out, not sprint though flower. You want lots of light when you are flowering..
That's a good success rate. This is now my 7th clone and the rest are dead.

Wow, that's a bargain, all them for 30 bucks. I know where your coming from on the bleach the things first remark. A pal of mine bought pre owned fan duct and filter. Only to find out a week later they were riddled with spider mites:laugh: they weren't just confined to his tent, they were in his sitting room, on his wife's plants and every where else you could think of.
He had to fumigate most of the house.:rofl:

Please go off on a tangent. Makes everything more fun..

Im only using a small LED for the clone . But I'm concerned it may be a bit close. I will keep an eye on her. I will drop regular photos of her , so if you don't mind checking her out for problems once and a while, it would be greatly appreciated..

I've found cutting, dipping in clonex and into a cup of moist soil has worked every time for me so far. I put each cup under a cut off 2ltr water bottle to keep the humidity up. Mist them once or twice a day. First attempt I used root riots and they all died.

I've found cutting, dipping in clonex and into a cup of moist soil has worked every time for me so far. I put each cup under a cut off 2ltr water bottle to keep the humidity up. Mist them once or twice a day. First attempt I used root riots and they all died.
Thanks for that, I didn't know about clonex. this is what I have used. I only got it as it was natural or so it says. What they classify as natural could mean anything.
Screenshot_20210207-203054.jpeg

She did go into moist soil though. I will keep the humdiditty up like you said and Give her a squirt once and a while. Thanks for that

DAY 15 OF FLOWER

2xMoby Dick X CBD
1x Moby Dick original
Soil grow as organic as possible

Howdy doo folks.

All the girls got a good old feeding of the bloom nutes I previously mentioned other day. I tested it out on one of them 2 days ago and she seemed happy with it, so I decided to give it to the rest of the group.

the canopy has gone bonkers over night. Some stems have got a mind of their own and accelerated in growth and others are being pretty lazy. So the canopy is a tad of a mess, not level at all. With them being confined to a 2x2, there isn't much room to bend them down as they touch the sides of the tent
Screenshot_20210207-165039.jpeg
So any suggestions would be gratefully received.

I think I've also found the original Moby dick in amongst the Moby X CBD plants. As I said in the opening post, I forgot to label them after repotting.
one of them is showing different characteristics on the new growth than the other two. Two of them are identical, so I figured the odd one out must be the MD original
Screenshot_20210207-164733.jpeg

Two are growing with their leaves slightly up as shown and the other is growing flat
Screenshot_20210207-164647.jpeg

Very slight difference on the leaf shape also.

Anyway, they all seem happy and doing what they need too.
only issue I've ran into this evening is Humdiditty again.
Checking the graph, that the wireless hygrometer plots. I've noticed when lights go out. The humdiditty sky rockets
Screenshot_20210207-201216.jpeg

Lights go out at 19.30. as you can see, the temp declines and the other goes up. I switched the de-hu on at 19.48 and it seems to have come to a level. Is RH sitting in the mid 50's acceptable over night? It's more than likely been like this from day dot of me growing, but without that wireless monitor, I was none the wiser..
oh!!! Nearly forgot.
the De-hu is in the tent and when I snuck in to switch it on, I noticed a light on it .
Screenshot_20210207-210512.jpeg

I did read somewhere, that green light is ok as it isn't a wavelength that the plants can absorb. Is this correct?
Well that's it folks. Thanks for reading and all input will be gratefully received.

Toodloo:ciao:

Thanks for that, I didn't know about clonex. this is what I have used. I only got it as it was natural or so it says. What they classify as natural could mean anything.
Screenshot_20210207-203054.jpeg

She did go into moist soil though. I will keep the humdiditty up like you said and Give her a squirt once and a while. Thanks for that
Check to see if it has indole-3-butyric acid.

Screenshot_20210206-182330.jpeg

Please excuse the "no" carpet in that last photo. I'm busy decorating.

So, that is it for today. Any suggestions or queries you have, I would love to hear them.
Just one thing I'm unsure of. Saying that there is a million and one things I'm unsure of but, What pH water should I give her
Thanks again to you all for taking the time out to read this

I know you said this LeD is a small one. That is to close for the clone. To much light makes them just sit there and try to grow. Impossible without roots. You could use a cfl even in a lamp sitting near your clone or move the current light to the side at a further distance. The light does not need to be directly above the clone/s. Sounds weird I know lol.

As to pH I think 5.8 - 6.2 is a good ballpark. That being said i've used straight from the tap in the 7-8 area when in a rush and still had great results.

Btw your plants look super healthy and happy!! Never thought about ever feeding my plants left-overs :rofl:
That's awesome!! Subb'd :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom