Stash jars

984FA2CE-4907-409C-ACF0-C340BABF9B54.jpeg
6BDBF195-E4A6-43B5-B116-F1A51E2254B4.jpeg

I know, google is a very good search engine. I only said what is a murk as in Merury outboards. aka Merc. I did view some of this persons vids. I believe he is local BROWNDIRTWARRIOR
Ah, got it. When I see Merc it is either short for mercenary or it makes me think of a pair of Mercs humming at wide open throttle pushing some boat across Lake St. Clair.:)

Oh yeah, stash jars is the topic....

I'm pretty much like most, I think. Quart size and a few larger for long-term storage. Those stay in the dark, cool spot. I fill up pint jars with the current rotation, and move those up to a more accessible dark spot. Fill up half-pint, dark blue for daily access.

I also have a couple little black glass, air tight, no-smell stash jars I found on amazon. Hold maybe 3g, and are pretty small. I use those when I leave the house and need a little with me. I also have a little vac seal jar, but it's hard plastic. It works, surprisingly. I like the glass one better, but they are (obviously) a good bit heavier than the little vac one. And for no longer than any flower is in there, it isn't bad.

I was doing some grocery shopping and walked over to the canning jar section. Someone had opened up a package of the UV protecting quart jars so I pulled one out. I had thought that they were blue but once I was holding one and could look closely at the glass the jars are more amber/brown than what I remember over the winter when they were in the plastic wrap and the different weaker lighting.

Oh, I was so tempted to buy a box of four but my wife would ask what I really need more canning jars for, and she would be right. Left them on the shelf, best to avoid having to answer that question from her.

Good day.

Wow- hiding the grow from your wife???? :eek:
Man, I feel for you...

(Thread was in danger of getting too ‘on topic’)
Can't hide it from her. Room in the basement with plants and light, jars with earlier harvests in cure or just being stored in the root cellar. Then my stash drawer in the bedroom chest of drawers. The little 4 fluid ounce jars line up so nice, each jar with a different strain or just the harvest from the same strain but a different plant or clone.;)

Nope. She would want to know why I bought more jars. We have approx 150 assorted sizes in the basement already. Plus, 200 more in storage in the garage. Though I would be able to get away with buying some of the UV Resistant ones since we don't have any of them yet.

No, I think we have enough jars for now. I need to find a small case to carry some of those small jars if the need comes up.

Oh good that’s a relief. There are actually members on the forum occasionally who are hiding their grows from their partners, which I find mind boggling, in more ways than one...

What’s a few more jars? I’ve got about a billion here too.

Looked at the store last night, but didn't see any of the really dark ones so can't confirm current color being made. Clear and light blue were available though.

Stupid birds hacked most of my maters this year. Well, one stupid bird in particular. A mocking bird. And yes, I think he was mocking me via tomato. :laughtwo:

Getting to old to be able to grow enough vegetables and fruits to fill the ones we have

I lose a healthy percentage every year as gifts, and with breakage or chipped rims.

But yeah, I hear you. I remember once being down in my grandma’s pantry. I was about 20 and she was about 80. She was telling me to take as much home as I could fit in the car because if she lived to 110 she’d still never be able to eat it all. I was like... wow. First time I’d ever looked things that way. As it was she lived to 103. I still have a couple jars of her fruit in back. Just slightly different tasting now but still good.

.....In case these ideas help anyone....

Bookshelf on drawer slides accesses shelves that slide out, utilizing a hidden blind spot in back of a closet type space. Among other hurdles, there are some hidden failsafes to lock that bookshelf in place when I want. I can fit about 6 or 8 gallons on each of the three lower shelves. Top shelf is for little jars and random stuff.

Now that things are more lax lately re legalization, jars are constantly spilling over into my house and studio as well and will no longer come close to all fitting in here.

Here are a couple stash jar ideas that have come in handy for me.

The black one is plastic- spray painted black. It holds about a quarter pound and I use it when I’m travelling - toss it in the car with whatever.

This 1 gallon jar is one that I spray painted white about six or seven years ago. I used to have a few of them on the shelf in my house along with my flour and dry goods. They blended in perfectly. No longer looks so camo now obviously, but that’s because I haven’t used it for that for years. I’d just have to give it another quick paint job.

Daannnnnnng weasel. Stash the stash. I like it. :)

That book case is a neat piece. Love old dimensional like that. Doubling it as a sliding stash away just adds to the charm.

I've considered Doing a similar hidden spot in my house like that. Several places where the layout kind of lends itself to something similar. I'd really like to wall off a hidden room for the grow and stash. Not to hide it from a raid (my grows legal) but more from the casual observer or if (heaven forbid) a break in. A secured door can only hold so much back, and a determined person could break it down. If I were to create a secret room, someone in a hurry isn't going to really notice something should be there. Plus it would meet the law for securing the grow space as well.

Would also make for a good place to hide/stash a safe, valuables, etc too.

Yeah it definitely gives a lot of peace of mind. Not because I would ever have a break-in where I live or anything like that, but it’s just nice to have your stuff in one safe spot.

Initially I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make a bookcase that swings out, but eventually realized that it’s not a good design- always going to sag and there will always a visible gap or two if people are looking.

This bookshelf is fully functional and the stash is completely undetectable. Usually it’s fully loaded with books and crap.
That little unfinished stool thing next to it also locks the shelving in place. It’s pinned to the floor and when unlocked it pivots out to allow the bookshelf to slide over. The shelving also has some hidden locks I can engage so it can’t slide at all, which I never use- but if I ever got worried about it or went away for a long time or something I can easily just screw it to the wall in a few seconds, like most any other bookshelf would be.

It’s a very fun building project, and you’re right. People don’t look for what isn’t there!

Daannnnnnng weasel. Stash the stash. I like it. :)

That book case is a neat piece. Love old dimensional like that. Doubling it as a sliding stash away just adds to the charm.

I've considered Doing a similar hidden spot in my house like that. Several places where the layout kind of lends itself to something similar. I'd really like to wall off a hidden room for the grow and stash. Not to hide it from a raid (my grows legal) but more from the casual observer or if (heaven forbid) a break in. A secured door can only hold so much back, and a determined person could break it down. If I were to create a secret room, someone in a hurry isn't going to really notice something should be there. Plus it would meet the law for securing the grow space as well.

Would also make for a good place to hide/stash a safe, valuables, etc too.

You are right! Locks only keep honest people out.

That’s a great idea guys!

Here's the types I always grab at the thrift store if the price and the seal are acceptable.

Stash Jars.JPG

Tardis Lite is last year's grow, and I am still not finished processing it.another three or four branches, and the second jar should be done, then I can start populating that third jar there. The Spice Jar (of which I am halfway through a second one) is the trim, stems, leaves, and other bits that while may not be good enough for the main bud jars, but can still accumulate enough of the goodness to at least go into the grinder and be turned into a fine powder (which is still potent, and actually burns slower. In fact, if the bud is a little too moist still to stay lit, a pinch of spice on top will keep it going. It is also likely what we will be using when we start learning to make cannabutter. The spice, or generically, grind, since Spice only refers to the grind from the 2019 grow (each one gets its own grind name. Next will be Kindling or Tinder, previous was Hot Dog Meat)

I am hoping more of these jars show up soon, because I am sure that they will be nowhere to be found by the end of October, when everyone starts processing their grows around here. Then come Spring, when most locals who don't have this forum to help them have burned through their puny harvests, jars will start showing up at thrift stores and yard sales again...a seemingly endless cycle as sure as the seasons.

Back
Top Bottom