Staynew49 Beautiful Bagseed 1st Indoor Grow: 2020

So I just found my first male, it's so sad, it was so beautiful, like 5 feet tall, unfortunately I think I'm seeing signs of 2-3 more males

I chopped him up. This is the first time so I was genuinely sad
IMG_20200827_104522.jpg
IMG_20200825_101937.jpg
IMG_20200825_101919.jpg
IMG_20200825_101840.jpg

I will have to get a regular light in the room for taking pictures so the are not colored. But anyways they all are doing well besides so e leaves at the bottom still falling of but nothing major. It might actually be a light thing because I only have the two lights on 13 plants, I didn't expect them to get so big, so they are all sharing the light.

See at first I started in one closet, then needed to expand to two, then when they out grew the closets I had to move them to the outside of the closets and give them the entire room, I had to install the lights on the ceiling.

Then they got to heavy and awkward to lift them up to the stand that I used to water them in so I got these giant strainer type bowls and have them sitting on top of those with a drip tray under them. Then I cut a hole in the side of the bowls and I use a shop vac to go and collect all the run off.

It all got complicated real fast lol. So now I need to figure it the proper amount of lights that this entire room needs to be sufficient and all the plants will be getting light. I was thinking about installing some on the sides of the walls...

Anyways here they are today but still with the purple light lol

Oh.. the seedlings are going with a no veg cycle they are in 12/12. Thought I'd give it a shot since they started and I had to give the light to the big ones in the room, I don't have an extra light for em now so it should be interesting to see how they turn out
IMG_20200827_142037.jpg
IMG_20200827_142028.jpg
IMG_20200827_142023.jpg
IMG_20200827_142012.jpg
IMG_20200827_141927.jpg
IMG_20200827_141911.jpg
IMG_20200827_141907.jpg
IMG_20200827_141852.jpg
IMG_20200827_141845.jpg

Welcome to the jungle!

Nice setup, you have a lot of plants at different stages too. I think you may have caught the grow fever too huh?
Yea I did lol, it was so nice seeing the little seedlings starting I started more like two weeks after the first then some recent seedlings, I had to stop myself lol, it can addictive lol, and they start off so small and easily managed, then turn into a jungle lol. But they are all on 12/12, even the seedlings, I'm going to try them on a no veg cycle

Damn
Same here 1 plant morphed into a perpetual grow. Except now I’ve got the mother of all fungus gnat / spidermite invasions. They are tag teaming my garden.... have you met my little friends Neem, BT and mosquito dunks? Hopefully I can get it back under control!

Hopefully you can stay pest free and grow those 12/12’s out to harvest!
I really sorry to hear that. I've heard of neem oil, but I haven't had any pest problems. The area I'm in there is a lot of dust in the air so I keep all windows and everything closed at all times, plus I'm a complete germaphobe so I clean from top to bottom everyday. I hope I don't run into any either. I hope you can get rid of them soon it really sucks

Same here 1 plant morphed into a perpetual grow. Except now I’ve got the mother of all fungus gnat / spidermite invasions. They are tag teaming my garden.... have you met my little friends Neem, BT and mosquito dunks? Hopefully I can get it back under control!

Hopefully you can stay pest free and grow those 12/12’s out to harvest!
I saw on your journal that you use air pots, do you like them? I heard that they were better than the fabric pots but more messy

Thanks, I will keep after the critters!

Yes I like air pots - they work well. Actually the fabric pots do better in air pruning and building a better rootball. All air pots have holes for oxygen intake but there is still a lot of unbreathable plastic on the edges, but the fabric pots are totally breathable on the entire perimeter. Plus the fungus gnats crawl into the holes on the air pots to seek out roots for lunch but they can’t penetrate the fabric grow bags.

Back
Top Bottom