Still Vegetative Cycle or is this Early Flowering Cycle? Okay to prune/top?

aknoob

SOIL GROW

Strain - Critical Autoflowering (Mainly Indica "Critical Auto" is a blend of - White Dwarf & Critical Mass)
# of Plants - 1 about 4 weeks old (first week of November) and 2 seedlings.
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative or early flowering?
Bucket Size - 3 Gallon
Lights - (2) "AROCCOM® Advanced LED Grow Light 12W, E27 socket" and "Lights of America 150 Watt Sunlight Desk Lamp"
Nutrients - General Hydroponics General Organics Go Box
Medium - Foxfarm Ocean Forest Soil
PPM - Unknown
PH - Unknown
RH - Unknown
Room Temperature - 70 to 75
Solution Temperature - Unknown he mixes the liquid nutrients but I am unsure of the quantity he feeds them
Room Square Footage - 10' x 10'
Pests - None Known

IMG_0096_1_2.JPG

IMG_0097_1_3.JPG

IMG_0098_1_3.JPG

Sorry about the pictures I don't know how to rotate them after uploading directly from my phone. My brother is growing his first marijuana plant and I was wondering if the pistils are the first signs of flowering.

Edit: I read some more internet information and found what I was asking about.

yep your doing good looks like 2weeks in flowering give or take plant looks nice and healthy i like the 5 gallon pall the roots will grow nice make sure there holes in the pall and you want 10% water run off so you know the hole 5 gallon of soil is wet and your light is a ;title low so make sure to keep it close to the plant as you can with out burning

Thanks Serpent. I took the plants out of the grow box and moved the lights out of the way to take the pictures. I think that I will move the other two seedlings into 5 gallon buckets when we get more soil.

Thanks Serpent. I took the plants out of the grow box and moved the lights out of the way to take the pictures. I think that I will move the other two seedlings into 5 gallon buckets when we get more soil.

nice send some more pics of your grow box it sounds nice :cheer:

It is just a simple homemade grow box that my brother made it was made with tin foil and tape. Seems to work okay until we are able to purchase a tent. The seedlings have not gotten leggy and are growing at a steady rate. After he put it together I looked at it and noticed some places were doubled and took off the extra tinfoil. I put the tin foil around the seedlings from left overs that were overlapped or too long for the box.

16573.JPG

22279.JPG

41429.JPG

51166.JPG

31838.JPG

The ladies look good so far. I have read that some autos don't like topping, but you CAN tie them down, even horizontally (lst) to force more growing tips. The best time to do any tying down is when the plant is thirsty. The stems will be softer, less likely to break. After you tie her down, then water well.

Thanks AKgramma, I just tied this plant down to the side. I used yarn and loosely tied it around the stem. I tied the other side to the bucket handle and let it bend as much as I was comfortable with. Looks like the stem is intact and it was watered/fed well.
IMG_0125_1_.JPG

Thanks Serpent, I have been checking throughout the day. It is usually between 70 around the soil and 72 - 75.2 around the leaves.

Hey AKNOOB! It just now registered that we have yet another Frozen North grower on this site! Welcome aboard! I have learned so much here from experienced growers. These people care about helping newbies like us, and are open to new ideas and differing methods. It's very comfortable here. :circle-of-love:

Just checked on them and the top cola is turning towards the light pretty fast.
IMG_0127_1_1.JPG

Yeppers! That's what they do! When you get another long branch or two, you can tie them down, too, for even more growing tips. Keeps them low and full, and gives you a bigger yield.

Hint: Watch her roots. She's eventually gonna want a bigger pot to support all those new branches!

Hey AKNOOB! It just now registered that we have yet another Frozen North grower on this site! Welcome aboard! I have learned so much here from experienced growers. These people care about helping newbies like us, and are open to new ideas and differing methods. It's very comfortable here. :circle-of-love:

Yes I am also from Alaska :high-five: :thanks: for the welcome. It has been awesome so far. I have found so much information on here and the replies from you and Serpent have been helpful :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom